Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

80 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

98 Signins

765 Page Views

• Views: 765
  • Message 11 of 24

Re:Problems on Screen Cast

2020-07-14, 13:17 PM

Yeah. 

They are.

Sorry for the confusion, but i can also add my LG TV to Google Home to get "partial" support.

Like changing the volume and channel or doing google fu with a mic.

Sadly screenshare is not one of them.

I figured, might be something better there for the Firestick.

You can still try some miracast featured apps from store, but most do not work properly with newer android and hardware.

But that is all, as Miracast feature is missing from Motorola's too stock google rom.

Also no voice recorder :)

Camera also not google's :D

We most likely will not be able to cast our screens to our tv's, unless we buy chromecast device, google inteded this with software.

You migh have more luck if there is an app on your device for your device, not sure if amazon has one.

LG and Samsung and Asus have their own.

It uses the same miracast/wi-fi direct technology, rebranded to chromecast.

I really do hope motorola fixes this for everybody.

We did pay for a premium phone afterall.

Options

80 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

98 Signins

765 Page Views

• Message 12 of 24

2020-07-16, 13:06 PM

[removed]

• Edited for site rule violation - promoting actions that could void warranty. (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704) Please follow all rules if you want to participate. Thanks. - Matt (Forums Manager)
Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 13 of 24

2020-07-16, 13:59 PM

@ UNTIG wrote:

[removed]

• Edited for site rule violation - promoting actions that could void warranty. (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704) Please follow all rules if you want to participate. Thanks. - Matt (Forums Manager)

Hi.

Appreciate your effort here, but this site does not allow suggestions that involve root or use of non-standard software, except in our developer area. 

I was able to confirm that the Edge+ does not support Miracast for Amazon Firestick. It does support Google Chromecast and Video via USB-C.

Regards,

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

80 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

98 Signins

765 Page Views

• Message 14 of 24

2020-07-17, 19:45 PM

Sorry, promoting "that" was totally not my intention.

It should be more amoung the lines of you, getting in touch with the developer team, and getting it enabled for us.

As you have just confirmed, that HDMI output is enabled, and thoose extra 2 lines were also among the post that i found.

And it was a Lenovo K8 Note/Plus phone, and since all that 1 line is add a button under the options.

"Connected devices/connection preferences/cast" and there it adds a button thats says "enable wireless displays".

And after this we can connect to any wireless display, by ticking that option to the on side.

I was hoping you would pass on this to the dev team, and got this feature re enabled for us, without the use of "that.

This is the only "premium phone" that cannot do this. As far as my reasearch had gone.

This would also add firestick support, in ways.

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 15 of 24

2020-07-22, 14:42 PM

@ UNTIG wrote:

Sorry, promoting "that" was totally not my intention.

It should be more amoung the lines of you, getting in touch with the developer team, and getting it enabled for us.

As you have just confirmed, that HDMI output is enabled, and thoose extra 2 lines were also among the post that i found.

And it was a Lenovo K8 Note/Plus phone, and since all that 1 line is add a button under the options.

"Connected devices/connection preferences/cast" and there it adds a button thats says "enable wireless displays".

And after this we can connect to any wireless display, by ticking that option to the on side.

I was hoping you would pass on this to the dev team, and got this feature re enabled for us, without the use of "that.

This is the only "premium phone" that cannot do this. As far as my reasearch had gone.

This would also add firestick support, in ways.

Hi.

Sorry, I should have said that your feedback had been passed on tp the team. I can't promise anything will be done, but it's been logged as an issue.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

80 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

98 Signins

765 Page Views

• Message 16 of 24

2020-10-22, 15:04 PM

@MattForumsMngr 

Hi.

If the dev team want's a good reason to enable wireless displays.

Microsoft's Your Phone app.

That app uses this feature. (Or will, whenever that feature part goes out to non samsung devices.)

Though currently it is only on Samsung devices.

Would be fun though, to get it on Motorola aswell. 

It certainly would make you guys more unique.

Currently this phone cannot connect to most wireless displays, projectors, all non android tv's and amazon's very own firestick. As this feature is missing, and you said somewhere that it is not really planned. I wasnt able to do a presentation with this phone :'( as it was a Wi-Fi direct modell, and one can not google cast powerpoint.

You can drop me an email, with what you need on video, managed to clear out the broken camera lensglass on my old phone, so it is working now.

Options

26 Posts

04-28-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

24 Signins

295 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 295
  • Message 17 of 24

2020-12-07, 0:10 AM

Unfortunately you also can't cast this device to your Windows Laptop :(

Options

1 Posts

10-26-2020

Brazil

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 18 of 24

2020-12-07, 0:37 AM

Hi @UNTIG  , 

Can you please point me to the root solution from the devs section?

I don't think we will have any solution anytime soon. 

Also having an Android One phone that hasn't upgraded to Android 11 is quite a bummer. So I think I will have to go for root solutions.

Options

26 Posts

04-28-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

24 Signins

295 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 295
  • Message 19 of 24

2021-04-07, 22:36 PM

Moto's Android 11 still dont have solution to screencast however they added a Mobile Desktop feature which requires a cable to be connected from your phone to an external display

Options

80 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

98 Signins

765 Page Views

• Message 20 of 24

2021-04-08, 12:40 PM

It is a nice feature, but would be more cooler, if it would work with wireless display specifically designed for theese cases.

Dex is sooo not flagship anymore.

Lauching your phone screen wirhin windows is more of today.

Or the your phone app within windows.

Even if that gets out of samsung only phese, we will not get that on any motorola product, as that is not a certified google cast product.

With this decision motorola and the google pixel line phones are the only ones whom cannot connect to a wireless diplay.

Every other other manifacturer lets us choose.

I do understand Google, but moto is just lazy.

If you upgraded to android 11 i do not think there is a root method  for it yet.

Got it yesterday need to check.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)