Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

08-03-2020

Afghanistan

6 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 6

Received my NEW Moto Edge US

2020-08-03, 16:37 PM

I have been waiting a long time for a "flagship" moto.  Really, I have missed Moto so much that I just wanted a OLED moto w/ a headphone jack.  But the Edge seemed to check a lot off my list.  Unfortunately I have been dismayed with what I received...  NO OPTION FOR WIFI CALLING.  :(

... a few perplexing things on Moto's part.

-Buggy out of box -
OS must have froze/shutdown several times trying to do normal setup

-Case provided falls off phone-
Case way to large to fit on phone. Basically useless. Falls off if you go to grab phone by case. More dangerous than not having one at all

-Finger zoom-
For some reason I cannot zoom on normal pictures, text, ect. Very odd. I have an LG, several Motos and a XIOAMI phones next to me where I am able to zoom in apps, web pages where the Edge I cannot. I don't understand this at all

-NO OPTION ANYWHERE FOR WIFI CALLING- This may be the dealbreaker. I have LOTS of android phones including about five Motos (going back to G4) and they all at least have the option for Wifi calling (depends on carrier if it actually works) but the Edge does NOT even have it as an option. WHY MOTO, WHY???

-I love gestures and they seem to work fine but what it the One Button Nav for?  It's still taking screen space but doesn't do anything? Very odd.

If anyone is having these issues and it's human error - PLEASE LET ME KNOW - I really, truly hope my issues are human error, specifically the WIFI CALLING.  Please, anyone, let me know if you have any info regarding.  Thanks!

Options

3 Posts

09-30-2017

United States of America

6 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 2 of 6

Received my NEW Moto Edge US

2020-08-03, 23:02 PM
No Volte and WIFI calling on Verizon. I am sending it back.
Options

4890 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74101 Page Views

• Views: 74101
  • Message 3 of 6

Re:Received my NEW Moto Edge US

2020-08-04, 21:00 PM

@waller88 and @alvin12341  Please give me a chance to look into the VoLTE/VoWiFi thing. I can confirm that on Verizon VoLTE is working despite there not being a toggle to turn it on or off. I have put my Verizon SIM into my device and confirmed VoLTE is working by default. As for VoWiFi, I'm looking into it on Verizon. I know on T-Mobile WiFI calling is definitely available and can be toggled on and off.

@waller88 , what carrier are you using the phone with? Also, can you give me an example, maybe a URL or app were you could zoom on the other phones but not on the Edge?

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

13 Posts

08-03-2020

Afghanistan

6 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 4 of 6

2020-08-05, 14:52 PM

Hello, Tom

Thanks for the response. 

"Apps" may have been the wrong term.  It won't zoom in chrome, twitter, facebook, etc.  After I posted this I also began to notice the battery drain was very sub par.  I received phone Sunday with about 50% battery.  It was below 10% after an hour or so but I chalked it to it being setup, downloading apps, etc.

Yesterday, I removed SIM bc I cannot use phone at my office without wifi calling so I wasn't using it as my driver.  Phone had 100% and by 3pm (sitting face down on desk - NOT BEING USED, it had 35% simply sitting idle all day.

Then last night I notice a purple "bruise" if you will, developing on the side "edge" of device.  I literally watched it grow/flicker for a few hours until it literally enveloped most the screen.  Crazy...lol.

So, I have accepted the phone I received is HOPEFULLY a lemon.  Amazon/Motorola made it easy for me to get a replacement which I did.

When I receive the replacement I will come here to update my experience.  I am really hoping I got a dud but if the replacement has the same issues - it's back to Redmi or XIOAMI for me.

Options

1 Posts

04-02-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 6

2021-04-02, 19:51 PM

Same issue here, Verizon blames Moto, Moto blames Verizon. In the settings, if you search wifi-advance you will find it and it will say on but it does not work. Looking for my own dev abilities to provide my own support on this onw. There is a lot of out of box apks out there that may work. When in bad service areas, you need this service. Pretty **bleep** this is not easily available on a flagship device.

Options

4890 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74101 Page Views

• Views: 74101
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-04-02, 20:26 PM

@ Boost511 wrote:

Same issue here, Verizon blames Moto, Moto blames Verizon. In the settings, if you search wifi-advance you will find it and it will say on but it does not work. Looking for my own dev abilities to provide my own support on this onw. There is a lot of out of box apks out there that may work. When in bad service areas, you need this service. Pretty **bleep** this is not easily available on a flagship device.

Hello. First, please avoid using vulgar language. It's against the community guidelines. Second, as mentioned in the specs for the phone the phone only supports VoLTE on Verizon. This is not uncommon for unlocked phones. It's the same way with AT&T. Generally speaking unless the carrier is also selling the phone carrier locked, it will not support WiFi Calling. T-Mobile is the only carrier without this type of restriction currently. If WiFi Calling is a requirement for you on Verizon, then I would recommend looking into a different model that they will support WiFi calling on. 

Currently, only the following phones support WiFi Calling on Verizon

razr

edge+

motorola one 5g

All other current models are limited to VoLTE support only. 

That being said, even Verizon Customer Support has said that unlocked phones can't get WiFi Calling: "The reason why is that it is a software that your phone should have if the phone was manufactured for Verizon. While we can activate your non Verizon unlocked phone, unfortunately, some features like WIFI calling may not work up to our network. The best way to prevent this from happening is to acquire a Verizon device to ensure it has all the necessary software that it needs to work with the features that we offer." source: https://community.verizon.com/t5/Android-General/Wifi-Calling-Service-on-BYOD-Unlocked-Phones/td-p/1007924

I hope you understand.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms