Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-24-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 5

Recent apps view incredibly slow

2021-03-24, 14:33 PM

I'm on a new Edge Plus with all available updates installed.

When the recent apps view is displayed, and during quick app switching, the performance is awful. This is both the display frame rate and the touch responsiveness. Once the recent app view is fully hidden the problem stops.

I'd estimate it as 10fps with 3 apps open, going down to 2fps once there are 10 in the list. This is with any list of apps, nothing resource intensive, and 6GB of ram to spare.

Answer
Options

2 Posts

03-24-2021

2 Signins

20 Page Views

Re:Recent apps view incredibly slow

2021-03-24, 16:16 PM

Thanks for the fast reply Matt.

Updating WebView & Chrome and restarting the phone did not fix the issue. I updated all apps while doing this as clicking Update on them individually got stuck on "Pending".

Restarting into safe mode did fix the issue. When restarting back normally the issue comes back.

Since this suggests an app issue I tried a Force Stop on Zoho Vault Password Manager (first app I thought of) and somehow this has fixed the issue. For good maybe?

• The lag on the recent apps view immediately disappeared when I stopped Zoho Vault
  • I restarted the phone and the problem did not come back
  • I launched Zoho Vault and used its autofill on some apps, and the problem did not come back
  • I restarted again and the problem did not come back

I have updated my forum profile, you may look through my app settings.

Replies(4)
Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 2 of 5

2021-03-24, 15:30 PM

@ sthaw wrote:

I' on a new Edge Plus with all available updates installed.

When the recent apps view is displayed, and during quick app switching, the performance is awful. This is both the display frame rate and the touch responsiveness. Once the recent app view is fully hidden the problem stops.

I' estimate it as 10fps with 3 apps open, going down to 2fps once there are 10 in the list. This is with any list of apps, nothing resource intensive, and 6GB of ram to spare.

Hi.

Thanks for reporting, and sorry for the problem. Not seeing it myself, so let's try some troubleshooting. 

My first thought is that this may be another result of a recent Google problem with Web View and Chrome. This caused all kinds of problems.

https://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en&v=issue&sid=1&iid=aa75515d184a2423be444d676b7ebf45

Updating Android System WebView and Google Chrome via Google Play should resolve the issues.

1. Navigate to Play Store app
2. Search for Android System WebView
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.webview)
3. Select the "Update" option
4. Repeat these steps for Google Chrome (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.chrome)

If that doesn't help, can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

We can check for issues from our end too: Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate.

Let me know if any of the above helps.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Answer
Options

2 Posts

03-24-2021

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-03-24, 16:16 PM

Updating WebView & Chrome and restarting the phone did not fix the issue. I updated all apps while doing this as clicking Update on them individually got stuck on "Pending".

Restarting into safe mode did fix the issue. When restarting back normally the issue comes back.

Since this suggests an app issue I tried a Force Stop on Zoho Vault Password Manager (first app I thought of) and somehow this has fixed the issue. For good maybe?

• The lag on the recent apps view immediately disappeared when I stopped Zoho Vault
  • I launched Zoho Vault and used its autofill on some apps, and the problem did not come back

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

5 Posts

01-23-2021

Germany

10 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-03-24, 18:03 PM
I had a similar Issue on Android 10. Disabling an Accessibility-Service in settings/accessibility worked for me
Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-03-24, 19:00 PM

@ sthaw wrote:

I love it when that happens.

I will take a peek but it sounds like you've found the culprit. Let me know if things go bad again.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms