Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

01-17-2021

Italy

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 681 of 819

Re:Screen Issue

2021-01-17, 10:12 AM

Hi, I have bought a Motorola Edge few days ago and I noticed that on the screen, especially on the edges, halos or spots (tending to purple) form on the screen when I use the screen for a long time.

If I then stop using the phone for a while they disappear but reappear as soon as I use it again.

The warranty is still valid, how can I fix it? I have read that maybe I have to ask for a replacement of the phone, could i know more about this?

Thanks in advance.

Options

1 Posts

01-18-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 682 of 819

2021-01-18, 1:45 AM

I'm having the same problem as everyone else on this thread - black smudges on the edges of the screen, with green or purple artifacts that often repeat pieces of text/image that are displayed in other areas of the phone (see photo, taken while I am writing this message). Phone is a Moto Edge, purchased in late December 2020, IMEI is ***Removed***. Very disappointing 

***Admin removed to protect privacy***

IMG_2348.jpg
Options

51 Posts

02-07-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

100 Signins

1026 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1026
  • Message 683 of 819

2021-01-18, 8:37 AM

@ Riccardo33 wrote:

Hi, I have bought a Motorola Edge few days ago and I noticed that on the screen, especially on the edges, halos or spots (tending to purple) form on the screen when I use the screen for a long time.

If I then stop using the phone for a while they disappear but reappear as soon as I use it again.

The warranty is still valid, how can I fix it? I have read that maybe I have to ask for a replacement of the phone, could i know more about this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have sent you a private message.

Thank you 

- Marta

Options

1 Posts

12-19-2018

United States of America

2 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 684 of 819

2021-01-19, 13:58 PM

Is there any information on how many phones are affected by this issue?  Is it all phones, only a small percent of phones?  I was about to buy the edge but after learning about this issue I'm hesitant.

Options

6800 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3412 Signins

85866 Page Views

• Views: 85866
  • Message 685 of 819

2021-01-20, 2:25 AM

@ Benedict C wrote:

I' having the same problem as everyone else on this thread - black smudges on the edges of the screen, with green or purple artifacts that often repeat pieces of text/image that are displayed in other areas of the phone (see photo, taken while I am writing this message). Phone is a Moto Edge, purchased in late December 2020, IMEI is ***Removed***. Very disappointing 

***Admin removed to protect privacy***

Hello, sorry to hear you're facing these screen issues. We'll do what we can to help. Please send a private message to @MotoBecky so she can look into how to assist.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

6800 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3412 Signins

85866 Page Views

• Message 686 of 819

2021-01-20, 2:27 AM

@ Tdsulliva wrote:

Is there any information on how many phones are affected by this issue?  Is it all phones, only a small percent of phones?  I was about to buy the edge but after learning about this issue I' hesitant.

I don't have any numbers or a percentage I can share. That being said, while the number of reports here looks daunting you have to remember that it's unlikely that users would post if they weren't having issues with their device. I do know of some users who have not faced this at all. Rest assured if you do buy the Moto Edge and encounter any issues we will be here to help.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

17 Posts

01-08-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

12 Signins

90 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 90
  • Message 687 of 819

2021-01-21, 0:35 AM

If only Moto/Lenovo would be transparent about the issue cause and how likely it would of gone a long way with everyone 

Options

6800 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3412 Signins

85866 Page Views

• Message 688 of 819

2021-01-21, 21:10 PM

@ Spooky425 wrote:

If only Moto/Lenovo would be transparent about the issue cause and how likely it would of gone a long way with everyone 

Hello, I'm sorry your feel like we haven't been transparent. We have not hidden the problem or silenced anyone reporting it. We have acknowledged the issue, and have stood behind the product by helping any user who has reported an issue with it. 

-Tom

Options

1 Posts

01-23-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 689 of 819

2021-01-23, 4:18 AM

So about a month ago I purchased two Moto Edge 5g phones from Best Buy. One for myself and one for my wife. My wife's phone screen broke after about 3 weeks of use. We we're completely puzzled about it because she had never dropped the phone, nothing had hit the phone. She simply set it on the table and our attention was drawn to the phone a few minutes later because the bottom lower half of the screen was flashing green. But upon inspection we noticed what appeared to be just a pin point crack on the edge of the phone that spider webbed out across the center and across the screen. Fast forward to today, since I had insurance we have now had a replacement phone from Best Buy for about a week now and now the replacement phone is developing the same screen issues; discoloration on the edge and the lower half flashing green frequently. Needless to say, I am not happy. Once this happened to the replacement phone I started searching the internet for this issue and I am now seeing it seems to be quite a big issue. When we had the first phone replaced we were unaware of this common issue, however now that we have the replacement and visually it appears to be the same issue where as before on the first phone I thought it was simply the crack in the screen that caused the screen problem I am now guessing that it is this issue that caused the screen to crack in the first place. Because when the screen flashes green it starts to feel very hot but only on the portion that is green, in our case it was the bottom half on both the first phone and the replacement phone. So I'd like to know are there any other reports out there of the screen actually cracking due to this problem because we have no other explanation for how the screen cracked, as I said it was never dropped and nothing hit it. I'll attach an image of the replacement phone, which quite honestly I'm worried could crack also because it gets hotter with use, and my wife needs to use the phone. We've contacted Best Buy support again for another replacement. But I'm quite unhappy since I had to pay $150 for the first replacement, they aren't charging for the second replacement but this issue is obviously a hardware defect. So if I receive yet another defective phone is there any recourse to deal with Motorola directly? Best Buy replacements are refurbished phones. 

Options

6800 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3412 Signins

85866 Page Views

• Message 690 of 819

2021-01-23, 15:05 PM

@ ditmarsb wrote:

So about a month ago I purchased two Moto Edge 5g phones from Best Buy. One for myself and one for my wife. My wife' phone screen broke after about 3 weeks of use. We we' completely puzzled about it because she had never dropped the phone, nothing had hit the phone. She simply set it on the table and our attention was drawn to the phone a few minutes later because the bottom lower half of the screen was flashing green. But upon inspection we noticed what appeared to be just a pin point crack on the edge of the phone that spider webbed out across the center and across the screen. Fast forward to today, since I had insurance we have now had a replacement phone from Best Buy for about a week now and now the replacement phone is developing the same screen issues; discoloration on the edge and the lower half flashing green frequently. Needless to say, I am not happy. Once this happened to the replacement phone I started searching the internet for this issue and I am now seeing it seems to be quite a big issue. When we had the first phone replaced we were unaware of this common issue, however now that we have the replacement and visually it appears to be the same issue where as before on the first phone I thought it was simply the crack in the screen that caused the screen problem I am now guessing that it is this issue that caused the screen to crack in the first place. Because when the screen flashes green it starts to feel very hot but only on the portion that is green, in our case it was the bottom half on both the first phone and the replacement phone. So I' like to know are there any other reports out there of the screen actually cracking due to this problem because we have no other explanation for how the screen cracked, as I said it was never dropped and nothing hit it. I' attach an image of the replacement phone, which quite honestly I' worried could crack also because it gets hotter with use, and my wife needs to use the phone. We' contacted Best Buy support again for another replacement. But I' quite unhappy since I had to pay $150 for the first replacement, they aren' charging for the second replacement but this issue is obviously a hardware defect. So if I receive yet another defective phone is there any recourse to deal with Motorola directly? Best Buy replacements are refurbished phones. 

Sorry to see the experience you've had so far. We're here to help however we can. Should you run into any further issues, please send @MotoBecky a private message so she can help.

-Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms