Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

01-24-2021

New Zealand

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 691 of 817

Re:Screen Issue

2021-01-24, 5:08 AM

Exactly the same issue here with my new Edge ( unboxed less than a week ago)

Options

12 Posts

12-02-2017

United States of America

24 Signins

143 Page Views

• Views: 143
  • Message 692 of 817

2021-01-24, 15:15 PM
Assuming you have 14 days to return, I would suggest returning the phone for a refund while you still have time.
Options

5683 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3333 Signins

78836 Page Views

• Views: 78836
  • Message 693 of 817

2021-01-25, 21:01 PM

@ zealander wrote:

Exactly the same issue here with my new Edge ( unboxed less than a week ago)

I apologize for you're experiencing this. if you're within your exchange period, I'd recommend requesting to have the device replaced. Otherwise, you can go through repair. Below is the contact information for Service & Repair in New Zealand. 

Fonefix
Unit 5, 501 Mt Wellington Highway, Mt Wellington
Auckland 1060
Free Phone: 0800 FONEFIX (0800 366 334)
Email (end \ -users): service@fonefix.co.nz
Open Hours: Mon-Fri: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Sat: 9:00am – 4:00pm 

Let me know if you run into any issues, we'll be here to help however we can.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

01-27-2021

Indonesia

3 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 694 of 817

2021-01-27, 18:22 PM

Bought the Edge from Amazon and I have the same issue. First device and replacement device have this issue, the replacement device having this screen issue after a month. and the problem is i am not living in the USA, how can i get repair my edge ? Motorola support does not exist in my country (Indonesia). amazon return window has been closed too.

Options

5683 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3333 Signins

78836 Page Views

• Message 695 of 817

2021-01-27, 20:07 PM

@ AEXNID wrote:

Bought the Edge from Amazon and I have the same issue. First device and replacement device have this issue, the replacement device having this screen issue after a month. and the problem is i am not living in the USA, how can i get repair my edge ? Motorola support does not exist in my country (Indonesia). amazon return window has been closed too.

Sorry to hear this. I would recommend contacting the local service centers in Indonesia. Looks like there are 7 carry-in locations in your country. You can find the list of centers here with contact information: http://motorola-mobility-en-xp.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/72758925/1607888678/redirect/1/filename/ASEAN_121320.pdf

I'd recommend giving them a call first to ensure they are able to assist.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

01-28-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

10 Signins

55 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 55
  • Message 696 of 817

2021-01-28, 22:59 PM

I got my Motorola Edge on an O2 contract here in UK and started using it on 11/01/2021. Today I noticed grey smudges on the left edge of the screen and have arranged to get a new one sent to me in exchange for the faulty one next week. I trust that the new phone does not have the same problem. If it does then if there is a Motorola repair option I would gladly take that up- should not have to because this fault should never have got through production quality checks. If not an option then I would consider the phone not fit for purpose and have my contract for this phone cancelled- shame because I rather like the phone. 

Options

5683 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3333 Signins

78836 Page Views

• Message 697 of 817

2021-01-29, 20:33 PM

@ pb56 wrote:

I got my Motorola Edge on an O2 contract here in UK and started using it on 11/01/2021. Today I noticed grey smudges on the left edge of the screen and have arranged to get a new one sent to me in exchange for the faulty one next week. I trust that the new phone does not have the same problem. If it does then if there is a Motorola repair option I would gladly take that up- should not have to because this fault should never have got through production quality checks. If not an option then I would consider the phone not fit for purpose and have my contract for this phone cancelled- shame because I rather like the phone. 

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to post your concern. Sent a private message to @Moto_Sara or @MotoMarta . They will do whatever they can to assist. Keep in mind, they might be gone for the day and it's coming up on the weekend so they might not get back to you until Monday.

-Tom

Options

1 Posts

01-30-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 698 of 817

2021-01-30, 22:08 PM

Hello community. Long time Motorola user, first time poster.

I bought the Edge back at the beginning of August. Everything was great with the phone. At the beginning of January 2021, I started to see the screen issue.  The greenish glow on the sides of the phone while it's sleeping and the weird colors and ghost text when I'm using the phone. The longer I'm using it, the worse the screen gets. So, now I believe I'm left with a few options as what to with the phone.

1) Wait for some kind of system update that will hopefully resolve everything. And deal with the screen getting progressively worse while doing so.

2) Full system factory reset. Read others did that only to have the screen issues return a week later.

3) Have Motorola send me an exchange phone. Also read others have done that only for problems to happen again. 

4) Say goodbye to the money I spent on the phone and switch to Samsung.

This was the flagship phone I was waiting for. I can deal with the dropped texts and NFC not working but this screen issue is something that really needs to be taken care of.

Options

5683 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3333 Signins

78836 Page Views

• Message 699 of 817

2021-02-01, 22:03 PM

@ Rider646 wrote:

Hello community. Long time Motorola user, first time poster.

I bought the Edge back at the beginning of August. Everything was great with the phone. At the beginning of January 2021, I started to see the screen issue.  The greenish glow on the sides of the phone while it' sleeping and the weird colors and ghost text when I' using the phone. The longer I' using it, the worse the screen gets. So, now I believe I' left with a few options as what to with the phone.

1) Wait for some kind of system update that will hopefully resolve everything. And deal with the screen getting progressively worse while doing so.

2) Full system factory reset. Read others did that only to have the screen issues return a week later.

3) Have Motorola send me an exchange phone. Also read others have done that only for problems to happen again. 

4) Say goodbye to the money I spent on the phone and switch to Samsung.

This was the flagship phone I was waiting for. I can deal with the dropped texts and NFC not working but this screen issue is something that really needs to be taken care of.

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to register and post. I can understand how frustrating this must be. However, we will stand behind our product and do whatever we can to make it right. Please send @MotoBecky a private message so she can help look into your case.

-Tom

Options

2 Posts

02-02-2021

Denmark

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 700 of 817

Re:Screen issue

2021-02-02, 10:10 AM

Hi,

I am just about to buy a Motorola Edge (not Edge+) but then I read about this screen issue. Is it still a problem on the Edge-version? And if so, is it every single unit that has this issue? 

Thanks and regards,

Morten

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms