Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 701 of 791

Re:Screen Issue

2021-02-02, 13:00 PM

@ MortenKl wrote:

Hi,

I am just about to buy a Motorola Edge (not Edge+) but then I read about this screen issue. Is it still a problem on the Edge-version? And if so, is it every single unit that has this issue? 

Thanks and regards,

Morten

Hi.

I moved your post to the edge community. Thanks for your interest in edge!

We have made several changes, in software, hardware, and the manufacturing process, to address this display issue. Additionally, and as you can see, we stand behind the phone and are moving quickly to resolve this issue when it is reported on a phone. It is certainly not on all phones, or most phones, and due to the changes, the percentage of phones exhibiting this problem continues to decline. 

While only you can make the decision, I believe you can buy edge with confidence, knowing that the chances of having the problem are low and declining, and that should you have the problem, we will certainly help.

Hope this helps.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

12 Posts

12-02-2017

United States of America

24 Signins

143 Page Views

• Views: 143
  • Message 702 of 791

Re:Screen issue

2021-02-03, 0:26 AM
I would recommend that at this time to not purchase any of the edge phones. The review of this forum backs up my recommendation.
Options

4769 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3271 Signins

73341 Page Views

• Views: 73341
  • Message 703 of 791

2021-02-03, 17:38 PM

@ Decider wrote:

I would recommend that at this time to not purchase any of the edge phones. The review of this forum backs up my recommendation.

I appreciate your opinion but keep in mind there are many users who didn't have issues or haven't had issues since getting their phones repaired.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

02-03-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 704 of 791

2021-02-03, 19:29 PM

Hi,

I got my Motorola Edge as a gift last year, I have been using it for about two to three months. The person bought this from Amazon. Out of nowhere, the screen started to show signs of "screen bleeding". The edges on the phone flash green when being woken up. I notice that the phone starts to get worse if the brightness is lowered down. I also noticed that if the phone is getting warmer the "screen bleeding" gets worse. The only fix that I have found is letting it rest in a cool environment. The "screen bleeding" goes away but it comes back if I start to use the phone again. Every app I use the "screen bleeding" is really noticeable and makes it impossible to navigate through the app. 

Is there any way I can fix this? Do I have to send it to Motorola in order for a new one if there is no fix for it? And if I have to send it somewhere, where do I send it since the person who got it, got it from Amazon. 

Please and Thank You. 

Options

12 Posts

12-02-2017

United States of America

24 Signins

143 Page Views

• Views: 143
  • Message 705 of 791

2021-02-04, 0:53 AM
Could you give me some numbers on those many users and for how long is a so called fix lasting. I can understand Motorola being defensive as money is at stake here. But I think the instances of defective edge phones and having replacements fail just as fast as the phone it replaced speaks for itself. I like Motorola phones but Motorola has to start being honest with itself and its customers. I have owned many good Motorola phones but the Edge is not that phone. I will come back to Motorola but not for this phone, even on sale too much money for a persistently defective product, new or replacements. I believe however the cause of the issue is in the manufacturing process/quality control. I can't say which, that is a job for Motorola to figure out.
Options

4769 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3271 Signins

73341 Page Views

• Message 706 of 791

2021-02-04, 19:08 PM

@ WongLuis98 wrote:

Hi,

I got my Motorola Edge as a gift last year, I have been using it for about two to three months. The person bought this from Amazon. Out of nowhere, the screen started to show signs of "screen bleeding". The edges on the phone flash green when being woken up. I notice that the phone starts to get worse if the brightness is lowered down. I also noticed that if the phone is getting warmer the "screen bleeding" gets worse. The only fix that I have found is letting it rest in a cool environment. The "screen bleeding" goes away but it comes back if I start to use the phone again. Every app I use the "screen bleeding" is really noticeable and makes it impossible to navigate through the app. 

Is there any way I can fix this? Do I have to send it to Motorola in order for a new one if there is no fix for it? And if I have to send it somewhere, where do I send it since the person who got it, got it from Amazon. 

Please and Thank You. 

Sorry you're experiencing this, but we'll do what we can to help. Please send @MotoBecky a private message and she can go over the repair options with you.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4769 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3271 Signins

73341 Page Views

• Message 707 of 791

2021-02-04, 19:11 PM

@ Decider wrote:

Could you give me some numbers on those many users and for how long is a so called fix lasting. I can understand Motorola being defensive as money is at stake here. But I think the instances of defective edge phones and having replacements fail just as fast as the phone it replaced speaks for itself. I like Motorola phones but Motorola has to start being honest with itself and its customers. I have owned many good Motorola phones but the Edge is not that phone. I will come back to Motorola but not for this phone, even on sale too much money for a persistently defective product, new or replacements. I believe however the cause of the issue is in the manufacturing process/quality control. I can' say which, that is a job for Motorola to figure out.

I understand where you're coming from. I'll be honest with you. I don't have numbers I can share. Yes, some people have had multiple replacements, but some here have reported that they no longer have the issues. We have made improvements from both the hardware and the software side. I do appreciate your feedback and opinion though and I hope that you do come back to us in the future.

-Tom

Options

2 Posts

02-02-2021

Denmark

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 708 of 791

2021-02-05, 13:41 PM

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply. I am wondering if the problem is on every phone and it is just a matter of time and the right conditions for the problem to appear (long time use, sunlight etc.). I was hoping for an answer like "We have found the bug and made a fix" instead of several changes in software, hardware and the manufacturing process.

Regards,

Morten

Options

4769 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3271 Signins

73341 Page Views

• Message 709 of 791

2021-02-05, 18:03 PM

@ MortenKl wrote:

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply. I am wondering if the problem is on every phone and it is just a matter of time and the right conditions for the problem to appear (long time use, sunlight etc.). I was hoping for an answer like "We have found the bug and made a fix" instead of several changes in software, hardware and the manufacturing process.

Regards,

Morten

Morten, I totally get you. Unfortunately, this is all the information I can provide regarding this. Can I guarantee 100% that a phone will never see the issue? No, I can't, but like always we will stand behind it and make it right if you do experience it.

-Tom 

Options

22 Posts

08-07-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

80 Signins

690 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 690
  • Message 710 of 791

2021-02-05, 18:24 PM

Sent my phone back to Motorola due to screen issue (they received it 14th January) Not heard anything about it and now not even getting replies to my emails.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms