Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

22 Posts

08-07-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

81 Signins

695 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 695
  • Message 711 of 807

Re:Screen Issue

2021-02-08, 14:36 PM

Just had a reply. They are waiting for parts?.

Options

5168 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3300 Signins

75821 Page Views

• Views: 75821
  • Message 712 of 807

2021-02-08, 21:19 PM

@ Kitey wrote:

Just had a reply. They are waiting for parts?.

Sorry to hear this, the delay in responses could have been due to the weekend. That being said, if you need me to help look into your case, please let me know and I'll see if I can get any updates for you.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

22 Posts

08-07-2020

81 Signins

695 Page Views

• Message 713 of 807

2021-02-08, 21:31 PM

They received my phone on 14th January so i don`t think it had anything to do with the weekend.

Options

5168 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3300 Signins

75821 Page Views

• Message 714 of 807

2021-02-09, 2:11 AM

@ Kitey wrote:

They received my phone on 14th January so i don`t think it had anything to do with the weekend.

Gotcha, yeah I missed the date part, that's my fault. If you'd like me to escalate, just send me a private message with your contact info (full name, email, phone#) and any case#'s you have. I can reach out to some people on my end.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

02-10-2021

United States of America

24 Signins

170 Page Views

• Views: 170
  • Message 715 of 807

2021-02-11, 3:06 AM

I have been a Motorola customer for many years. So far, all of my smartphones have been from Motorola. My last phone was a Moto X Pure Edition I used for nearly 5 years. I kept the dying battery going just long enough for Motorola to finally come out with a new unlocked model that met my feature list...The Edge, which I pre-ordered and received just after launch. Overall I love the phone, and it does all the key things I need.

From the beginning, I heard about the screen issues, so to limit the risk I limited the screen brightness, made sure the phone never became too hot, and initially locked it at 60 Hz screen refresh, until a software update removed that feature. (Why did you do that!?) I had no issues for the first several months, so I thought maybe I was lucky and had one that would not develop the problem. Unfortunately, suddenly in January late one night, I suddenly realized I had a red “smear” along the right side of the screen. Now, even on minimal brightness, after a few minutes of the screen being on, a purple haze appears from the right side and grows. If I leave the screen off and let it cool, the haze goes away. When you trigger the clock and alerts display by tapping the screen, you see a greenish “flash” along the right side of the screen. Considering my last Motorola phone lasted nearly 5 years with absolutely no hardware issues, this is completely unacceptable.

Motorola Tom, has the screen issues been fixed in new ones being produced now? I haven’t been able to find a clear and definitive answer. It’s only been a matter of months since I bought it; if I do a warranty swap and have to reload everything I want to do it ONCE. I have read in the forums of people swapping several times, and I do not want to do that. Please help restore my faith in Motorola, and that you stand behind your products.

Thank you.

Options

5168 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3300 Signins

75821 Page Views

• Message 716 of 807

2021-02-11, 3:52 AM

@ CaptainCWA wrote:

I have been a Motorola customer for many years. So far, all of my smartphones have been from Motorola. My last phone was a Moto X Pure Edition I used for nearly 5 years. I kept the dying battery going just long enough for Motorola to finally come out with a new unlocked model that met my feature list...The Edge, which I pre-ordered and received just after launch. Overall I love the phone, and it does all the key things I need.

From the beginning, I heard about the screen issues, so to limit the risk I limited the screen brightness, made sure the phone never became too hot, and initially locked it at 60 Hz screen refresh, until a software update removed that feature. (Why did you do that!?) I had no issues for the first several months, so I thought maybe I was lucky and had one that would not develop the problem. Unfortunately, suddenly in January late one night, I suddenly realized I had a red “smear” along the right side of the screen. Now, even on minimal brightness, after a few minutes of the screen being on, a purple haze appears from the right side and grows. If I leave the screen off and let it cool, the haze goes away. When you trigger the clock and alerts display by tapping the screen, you see a greenish “flash” along the right side of the screen. Considering my last Motorola phone lasted nearly 5 years with absolutely no hardware issues, this is completely unacceptable.

Motorola Tom, has the screen issues been fixed in new ones being produced now? I haven’t been able to find a clear and definitive answer. It’s only been a matter of months since I bought it; if I do a warranty swap and have to reload everything I want to do it ONCE. I have read in the forums of people swapping several times, and I do not want to do that. Please help restore my faith in Motorola, and that you stand behind your products.

Thank you.

Hello, and thanks for posting. First, I want to thank you for your loyalty. I'm sorry to see that you started experiencing screen issues. As for the current status. I'm going to be completely honest with you. We've made improvements on both the software and hardware side of things to reduce the potential of this happening. While some users have had multiple replacements, others have not had to get their devices replaced again. Can I give you a 100% guarantee? Sadly, no I can't, but we will stand behind the product and will do whatever we can to make it right. Please reach out to @MotoBecky she will do her best to help.

-Tom

Options

3 Posts

01-28-2021

5 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 717 of 807

2021-02-11, 18:40 PM

Hi, I received a replacement Edge from O2 UK and, predictably, the same screen issue occurred yesterday and again today. I phoned O2 and told them that this was totally unacceptable, the phone not fit for purpose- they agreed and cancelled the contract. I am awaiting the documentation to arrive tomorrow so that I can return the phone to them. Once they have it their hands I can choose a different brand of phone, which given the lack of Blackberry phones on contract here in the UK, will probably be a Sony Experia 5.

I had a Motorola phone back in the late 80/90s which was great - however the Motorola Edge, whilst a really good mid range phone, should never have been released with a screen problem so widely prevalent and reported. Companies obviously do get judged on their errors ( these can occur) but  they need to react honestly and positively to rescue their name.

I hope those whose phones have suffered this screen issue get a fix for it soon.

Regards,

Peter

Options

5168 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3300 Signins

75821 Page Views

• Message 718 of 807

2021-02-11, 19:07 PM

@ pb56 wrote:

Hi, I received a replacement Edge from O2 UK and, predictably, the same screen issue occurred yesterday and again today. I phoned O2 and told them that this was totally unacceptable, the phone not fit for purpose- they agreed and cancelled the contract. I am awaiting the documentation to arrive tomorrow so that I can return the phone to them. Once they have it their hands I can choose a different brand of phone, which given the lack of Blackberry phones on contract here in the UK, will probably be a Sony Experia 5.

I had a Motorola phone back in the late 80/90s which was great - however the Motorola Edge, whilst a really good mid range phone, should never have been released with a screen problem so widely prevalent and reported. Companies obviously do get judged on their errors ( these can occur) but  they need to react honestly and positively to rescue their name.

I hope those whose phones have suffered this screen issue get a fix for it soon.

Regards,

Peter

Peter, I'm sorry to hear you encountered issues again. I'm glad your carrier is helping with the situation as well. Please keep us in mind in the future though. We'd love to have you back.

-Tom

Options

22 Posts

08-07-2020

81 Signins

695 Page Views

• Message 719 of 807

2021-02-12, 8:40 AM

How did you get that deal. I went to o2 in Manchester with my phone to complain (December 2020 ). They wouldn`t even let me in the shop to see anybody. Totally disgusted with treatment i received. Sent my phone back to Motorola 14 January still not got replacement or repair.  

Options

2 Posts

09-10-2020

United States of America

9 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 720 of 807

2021-02-12, 12:26 PM

Morning,

I purchased a Moto Edge on 7/28/20. I have been experiencing the same screen issues everyone else has for probably about 6 months now.

I have been holding off on doing any thing to see if there would be some sort of a solution to this.

How ever it is getting to the point that after a minute of use I can't see anything on the phone anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated whether it be getting a new replacement phone or some other solution.

Please contact me.

Thanks

Stephen  

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms