Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

5190 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75931 Page Views

• Views: 75931
  • Message 751 of 807

Re:Screen Issue

2021-03-12, 23:48 PM

@ Pic5 wrote:

Hi Tom, same issue here: Edge with green-ish screen and purple marks.
Anyone for the italian market?

Regards

Hello, we'll do our best to help get you to the right people to help. You can contact @MotoMarta or @Moto_Sara. You can also start the repair process online here: https://motorola-global-portal-it.custhelp.com/app/repair-faqs Let me know if you run into any issues or need assistance.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

03-20-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 752 of 807

2021-03-20, 15:54 PM

Hi Tom,  Same issue here as everyone else.  Screen gets consistently worse depending on SOT.  Phone (Motorola Edge) was pre-ordered through Best Buy and picked up on July 30, 2020.  Screen issues just started appearing within the last month or so.  What is my course of action here as it appears even replacement phones continue to have issues?  What is the warranty term on the replacement phones (new or refurb) and what can be done to eliminate being without a phone for 2 weeks?

Options

6 Posts

03-22-2021

Nigeria

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 753 of 807

Phone shaking

2021-03-22, 22:22 PM

ello,so today, I noticed that my phone screen seemed to be flickering or shaking,I initially thought it was my eyes,until it started getting really bad and I rebooted the phone,this happened one more time,until it turned green and then showed black,I tried turning it off and on about 4 times,but it still didn't work,until the fifth time.

Please what can be done to fix it

Options

5190 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75931 Page Views

• Message 754 of 807

2021-03-23, 0:28 AM

@ Mike704K wrote:

Hi Tom,  Same issue here as everyone else.  Screen gets consistently worse depending on SOT.  Phone (Motorola Edge) was pre-ordered through Best Buy and picked up on July 30, 2020.  Screen issues just started appearing within the last month or so.  What is my course of action here as it appears even replacement phones continue to have issues?  What is the warranty term on the replacement phones (new or refurb) and what can be done to eliminate being without a phone for 2 weeks?

Hello, sorry to see you're starting to experience this. While some users have encountered this more than once, others have not reported further issues after getting the phone repaired/replaced. I would recommend sending @MotoBecky a private message so she can walk you through the repair options.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

5190 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75931 Page Views

• Message 755 of 807

2021-03-23, 0:33 AM

@ Layomi wrote:

ello,so today, I noticed that my phone screen seemed to be flickering or shaking,I initially thought it was my eyes,until it started getting really bad and I rebooted the phone,this happened one more time,until it turned green and then showed black,I tried turning it off and on about 4 times,but it still didn' work,until the fifth time.

Please what can be done to fix it

Hello, I'm sorry to see you're experiencing these screen issues. I have to ask where did you purchase your device as I don't see that we sell the Motorola Edge in Nigeria. The reason I ask is warranty/repair is only valid in the country the phones were intended for sale. Please let me know, I want to ensure I give you the correct/accurate information. 

-Tom

Options

2 Posts

03-20-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 756 of 807

2021-03-23, 0:44 AM
Thanks, Tom. I reached out to Becky in parallel (per your advice to others on this thread) and she responded very quickly. Waiting for the replacement phone to arrive. The original lasted 6.5 months before the problem arose (through hot and cold weather). Problem got much worse with the warm Spring day yesterday (phone became unusable and had to be put in a re**bleep**erator to resume functionality). My only concern relates to the issue taking another 6 + months to show up at which point my phone is no longer under warranty. Fingers crossed.
Options

7 Posts

09-05-2014

United States

13 Signins

83 Page Views

• Views: 83
  • Message 757 of 807

2021-03-23, 6:20 AM

Hello Tom. I also have the green screen problem. My device is on the way to a service center, as I was informed from the store I bought it. I would like to ask you how can I confirm if my warranty is valid. I also have another question, according to the EU laws every electronic device which is sold within the EU must have a 2 year warranty. Is this correct?

Options

5190 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75931 Page Views

• Message 758 of 807

2021-03-23, 18:48 PM

@ jotz wrote:

Hello Tom. I also have the green screen problem. My device is on the way to a service center, as I was informed from the store I bought it. I would like to ask you how can I confirm if my warranty is valid. I also have another question, according to the EU laws every electronic device which is sold within the EU must have a 2 year warranty. Is this correct?

Hello, I'm glad you are getting your phone into repair. You should be able to check your warranty by going to My Stuff at this link: https://support.motorola.com/uk/en/contactus and logging in. Any devices you have registered should show the current warranty status. As for the EU laws, I believe we abide by all local laws in the countries where the device was sold. You should see your warranty period once you get into My Stuff and have registered your device. 

-Tom

Options

7 Posts

09-05-2014

United States

13 Signins

83 Page Views

• Views: 83
  • Message 759 of 807

2021-03-23, 19:32 PM

Thanks for the quick response!

I bought the device on January 2021 and that first thing I did was to register my device. At that time my warranty expired on January 2023. Yesterday I checked again and according to my stuff page the warranty expires on March 2021! That's pretty odd!

I forgot to tell you that I bought the device from a greek store.

Options

5190 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75931 Page Views

• Message 760 of 807

2021-03-24, 19:07 PM

@ jotz wrote:

Thanks for the quick response!

I bought the device on January 2021 and that first thing I did was to register my device. At that time my warranty expired on January 2023. Yesterday I checked again and according to my stuff page the warranty expires on March 2021! That' pretty odd!

I forgot to tell you that I bought the device from a greek store.

That is odd. Can you please send me a private message with a screenshot of the page you're looking at? Don't post publicly as it would expose personal information like your IMEI or SN to others. I'd like to look into this.

-Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms