Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

09-05-2014

United States

13 Signins

83 Page Views

• Views: 83
  • Message 781 of 807

Re:Screen Issue

2021-04-02, 21:12 PM

Actually I bought the device from a greek store and I live in Greece. 

I have already got my money back, but I am still curious why the service center didn't repair the phone, or replace it and they preferred to refund me.

Options

9 Posts

03-31-2021

Belgium

26 Signins

130 Page Views

• Views: 130
  • Message 782 of 807

2021-04-03, 19:50 PM

Hi all, the screen of my Motorola Edge I started using is showing a greenish shade at one side, especially when looking at grey or blue colors. It didn't seem to be there at the beginning, but it's also not as bad as some people's pics. So I was just wondering, does this seem like the beginning of this issue? Just so I can get the necessary service before it gets worse. Or maybe I should be able to fix this with color settings or something?

IMG_20210403_210901.jpg
Options

4 Posts

02-10-2021

United States of America

23 Signins

170 Page Views

• Views: 170
  • Message 783 of 807

2021-04-04, 2:08 AM

@ tommeskens wrote:

Hi all, the screen of my Motorola Edge I started using is showing a greenish shade at one side, especially when looking at grey or blue colors. It didn' seem to be there at the beginning, but it' also not as bad as some people' pics. So I was just wondering, does this seem like the beginning of this issue? Just so I can get the necessary service before it gets worse. Or maybe I should be able to fix this with color settings or something?

Yes, that's exactly how mine started.  Don't ignore it...It will start to rapidly get worse.  I didn't realize at first what was happening, initially ignored it, and eventually I started getting a spreading reddish / purplish "splotch" that started at the same right-side center point and it began growing fast.  It got to the point it appeared on a cold phone that had been sitting for hours when I turned the screen on with the lowest brightness for only 3 - 5 minutes.  It rapidly became unusable.

I will say I've been using the replacement for several weeks now with no issues, "knock on wood."  As always, your experience may vary...

Options

5079 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3294 Signins

75346 Page Views

• Views: 75346
  • Message 784 of 807

2021-04-05, 21:42 PM

@ jotz wrote:

Actually I bought the device from a greek store and I live in Greece. 

I have already got my money back, but I am still curious why the service center didn' repair the phone, or replace it and they preferred to refund me.

Hello, I'll be honest, I have no clue why they didn't offer repair. It's possible that the service centers there do not have the ability to repair the phone so offering a refund was the only option. We generally don't offer refunds if there is a way to repair/replace the model. If you wanted me to look further into it let me know and I'll see what I can find.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

5079 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3294 Signins

75346 Page Views

• Message 785 of 807

2021-04-05, 21:43 PM

@ tommeskens wrote:

Hi all, the screen of my Motorola Edge I started using is showing a greenish shade at one side, especially when looking at grey or blue colors. It didn' seem to be there at the beginning, but it' also not as bad as some people' pics. So I was just wondering, does this seem like the beginning of this issue? Just so I can get the necessary service before it gets worse. Or maybe I should be able to fix this with color settings or something?

Sorry to see you're starting to see this. I would recommend reaching out to @MotoMarta or @Moto_Sara so they can help get your device repaired.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

7 Posts

09-05-2014

United States

13 Signins

83 Page Views

• Message 786 of 807

2021-04-06, 7:04 AM

Hello again!

If you have the time I would like to have an answer. 

The greek motorola service center denied checking the phone because it' s not 'officially' sold here. I bought it from a greek store. I returned the device and they sent it in Italy, I think. A month later they informed me that there is a refund and the next day the local store returned the money. Another curious thing is the warranty status that changed from 1/2023 to 3/2021.

I really like this phone and I would buy it again if all these weird (at least for me ) things didn't happen. I won't risk buying a device with a possible problem without proper solution. Thank you.

Options

5079 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3294 Signins

75346 Page Views

• Message 787 of 807

2021-04-06, 22:44 PM

@ jotz wrote:

Hello again!

If you have the time I would like to have an answer. 

The greek motorola service center denied checking the phone because it' s not '' sold here. I bought it from a greek store. I returned the device and they sent it in Italy, I think. A month later they informed me that there is a refund and the next day the local store returned the money. Another curious thing is the warranty status that changed from 1/2023 to 3/2021.

I really like this phone and I would buy it again if all these weird (at least for me ) things didn' happen. I won' risk buying a device with a possible problem without proper solution. Thank you.

Ahh, that makes sense. Since we aren't selling the phone there, the only option is to get a refund from the reseller. They have to ability to repair/replace the phone as we aren't officially selling it in Greece. It's likely the warranty was voided out due to it being returned and you getting the refund. I hope that makes sense.

-Tom

Options

7 Posts

09-05-2014

United States

13 Signins

83 Page Views

• Message 788 of 807

2021-04-07, 6:02 AM

Ok. 

Thank you very much.

It's time to look for another phone!

Options

22 Posts

08-07-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

81 Signins

695 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 695
  • Message 789 of 807

2021-04-08, 22:21 PM

Got a call from o2 yesterday. Refund is on the way. Thank you Motorola Tom for all your efforts. Case closed now.  

Options

5079 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3294 Signins

75346 Page Views

• Message 790 of 807

2021-04-09, 21:56 PM

@ Kitey wrote:

Got a call from o2 yesterday. Refund is on the way. Thank you Motorola Tom for all your efforts. Case closed now.  

Thank goodness, I'm glad they finally got back to you with the refund. I truly apologize that it took so long. I'm sure the people on my end will be happy to finally stop getting annoying emails from me every other day asking for updates. Have a good weekend.

-Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms