Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-16-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

8 Signins

30 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 30
  • Message 801 of 819

Re:Screen Issue

2021-04-29, 9:30 AM

Has anyone had their green screen issued resolved by Lenovo / Motorola and are they happy with the results?

I have slight green tinting but it is my only  phone so if the results are good I will just sell the phone and go back to someone else.

Options

5953 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3355 Signins

80756 Page Views

• Views: 80756
  • Message 802 of 819

2021-04-29, 17:08 PM

@ Ccookkee wrote:

Has anyone had their green screen issued resolved by Lenovo / Motorola and are they happy with the results?

I have slight green tinting but it is my only  phone so if the results are good I will just sell the phone and go back to someone else.

Hello, some of the original people that posted on this topic, have reported the issues as resolved with getting their phones repaired/replaced. I'm hoping some other users will come in and provide their feedback as well.  If you do decide to get it fixed, feel free to send @Moto_Sara or @MotoMarta a private message and they will help you out.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

30 Posts

04-12-2011

Switzerland

69 Signins

480 Page Views

• Views: 480
  • Message 803 of 819

2021-04-30, 17:46 PM

I got a ticket number from Motorola support, then sent my phone to Denmark, they replaced the screen in 3 days and sent it back to me.

Surprisingly fast over international delivery.

Options

9 Posts

03-31-2021

Belgium

27 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 804 of 819

2021-04-30, 18:36 PM

My phone was sent to the Benelux repair center, where they could not replace the screen since they could not get the necessary parts in time. I did get a refund though, but as I bought the phone with a great discount that is not available anymore, I'm a bit dissatisfied since I really liked it and I'm stuck with my old phone now since I can't find a replacement with equal specs for my budget. I did really appreciate the support I got from @MotorolaTom and @Moto_Sara though.

Options

5953 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3355 Signins

80756 Page Views

• Message 805 of 819

2021-04-30, 19:21 PM

@ tommeskens wrote:

My phone was sent to the Benelux repair center, where they could not replace the screen since they could not get the necessary parts in time. I did get a refund though, but as I bought the phone with a great discount that is not available anymore, I' a bit dissatisfied since I really liked it and I' stuck with my old phone now since I can' find a replacement with equal specs for my budget. I did really appreciate the support I got from @MotorolaTom and @Moto_Sara though.

I'm sorry to see you had issues with the repair process, but I"m glad they were able to get a refund out to you. I'm curious what is your budget and what specs are you looking for? I might be able to help make some suggestions if you're open to it.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

04-16-2021

Sweden

13 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 806 of 819

2021-05-05, 10:13 AM

well serves me right....

I unlocked my bootloader, wanting LineageOS as I always do. Good choice of OS and poor one of phone brand :-(

I accept they are in their rights, but still - a hardware fault in manufacture ....

Options

5953 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3355 Signins

80756 Page Views

• Message 807 of 819

2021-05-05, 18:08 PM

@ Handaxe wrote:

well serves me right....

I unlocked my bootloader, wanting LineageOS as I always do. Good choice of OS and poor one of phone brand :-(

I accept they are in their rights, but still - a hardware fault in manufacture ....

Hello. I'm curious who did you speak to regarding this? Please PM me with details (contact information, repair order#, etc), I'd like to see if I can help.

-Tom

Options

1 Posts

05-22-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 808 of 819

2021-05-22, 4:51 AM

Hello,

I bought the Moto Edge for my wife from Amazon on May 6th, 2021.  Everything was fine until tonight May 21st, 2021 when my wife started noticing the discoloration on the edge of the screen.  It looks like we can return the phone to Amazon through Aug 7, 2021.

My question is twofold: 1) Would this screen issue still be supported/covered by the manufacturer even though I purchased from a 3rd party?  2) If yes it is covered, what has been the average/estimated turn-around time for the repair?  My concern is that the repair process could take some time and that it may put me at risk to be able to return the defective item to Amazon, (if the issue is not resolved or guaranteed to be resolved).  Not sure which way I should go, but reading thru the threads I may just return it and go with a diff model :( . 

My wife really loves the phone so I hate to abandon it so early, but I had not come across this issue when researching which phone to purchase. 

Thank you for your assistance.

Chris

Options

22 Posts

03-15-2021

Italy

49 Signins

170 Page Views

• Views: 170
  • Message 809 of 819

2021-05-24, 7:57 AM

Hi Tom,

I had the screen replaced recently so though I'd provide a feedback. A few days after I bought the phone I noticed a small green spot at the bottom left corner of the screen. The spot did not "grow" over a month's time and eventually I decided to have it replaced. @Moto_Sara helped me with that. I have had the device with the replaced screen for about a month now and it seems to be ok so far, except for the greenish tint at low brightness, which to me is not a big deal. I hope it stays that way.

Raghu

Options

22 Posts

03-15-2021

Italy

49 Signins

170 Page Views

• Views: 170
  • Message 810 of 819

2021-05-24, 7:58 AM
Oops I had replied to Tom's message on 29.04.2021 but I notice that message is not quoted!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms