Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

5912 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3353 Signins

80426 Page Views

• Views: 80426
  • Message 811 of 819

Re:Screen Issue

2021-05-24, 20:44 PM

@ Raghu76 wrote:

Oops I had replied to Tom' message on 29.04.2021 but I notice that message is not quoted!

No worries, glad we were able to get it fixed for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other issues or concerns.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

22 Posts

03-15-2021

Italy

49 Signins

170 Page Views

• Views: 170
  • Message 812 of 819

2021-05-24, 20:46 PM

Thanks a bunch Tom. Will do.

Raghu

Options

5912 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3353 Signins

80426 Page Views

• Message 813 of 819

2021-05-25, 20:26 PM

@ cf8510 wrote:

Hello,

I bought the Moto Edge for my wife from Amazon on May 6th, 2021.  Everything was fine until tonight May 21st, 2021 when my wife started noticing the discoloration on the edge of the screen.  It looks like we can return the phone to Amazon through Aug 7, 2021.

My question is twofold: 1) Would this screen issue still be supported/covered by the manufacturer even though I purchased from a 3rd party?  2) If yes it is covered, what has been the average/estimated turn-around time for the repair?  My concern is that the repair process could take some time and that it may put me at risk to be able to return the defective item to Amazon, (if the issue is not resolved or guaranteed to be resolved).  Not sure which way I should go, but reading thru the threads I may just return it and go with a diff model :( . 

My wife really loves the phone so I hate to abandon it so early, but I had not come across this issue when researching which phone to purchase. 

Thank you for your assistance.

Chris

Hi Chris, I apologize, I totally missed your post. First, I'm sorry to see your wife is facing this issue. As for the warranty, without order details and whatnot, I can't really say. However, I'd recommend sending @MotoBecky a private message and she can help look into everything for you. I'm confident she will do whatever she can to help.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

01-28-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

10 Signins

55 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 55
  • Message 814 of 819

2021-06-06, 13:09 PM

An update to my previous posts- back in early February I had screen issues on original and replacementEdge  phones which were on an O2 contract. The replacement was also sent back to O2 who promptly cancelled the plan at my request and I procured a Sony 5G II on contact again with O2. Great specification, similar budget and so far works as it should- and so it should, after all it is a Sony bit of kit.

I am amazed that this issue is still being reported - when will Motorola own up publicly to this manufacturing fault? The affair has put me off having Lenovo/Motorola ever again.

Options

5912 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3353 Signins

80426 Page Views

• Message 815 of 819

2021-06-07, 17:45 PM

@ pb56 wrote:

An update to my previous posts- back in early February I had screen issues on original and replacementEdge  phones which were on an O2 contract. The replacement was also sent back to O2 who promptly cancelled the plan at my request and I procured a Sony 5G II on contact again with O2. Great specification, similar budget and so far works as it should- and so it should, after all it is a Sony bit of kit.

I am amazed that this issue is still being reported - when will Motorola own up publicly to this manufacturing fault? The affair has put me off having Lenovo/Motorola ever again.

I'm sorry you had the issues. As for publicly admitting it. I think I've done that here in the community multiple times. We've not tried to hide anything and we have continued to stand behind our product. I'm sorry you feel otherwise. 

Best of luck,

Tom

Options

1 Posts

12-14-2017

Italy

11 Signins

101 Page Views

• Views: 101
  • Message 816 of 819

2021-06-20, 6:20 AM

Hi, my phone purchased in Italy has the problem of green and purple spots with low brightness. Who can I contact for shipping and repairs?

Thank you.

Best regards

Options

5912 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3353 Signins

80426 Page Views

• Message 817 of 819

2021-06-21, 21:41 PM

@ Xire wrote:

Hi, my phone purchased in Italy has the problem of green and purple spots with low brightness. Who can I contact for shipping and repairs?

Thank you.

Best regards

Hello, and sorry to see you're having issues with the screen. You can start the process here: https://motorola-global-portal-it.custhelp.com/app/repair-faqs or you can send a PM to @MotoMarta or @Moto_Sara . Let me know if you run into any issues.

Thanks,

Tom

Options

7 Posts

06-12-2021

United States of America

16 Signins

140 Page Views

• Views: 140
  • Message 818 of 819

2021-06-24, 2:00 AM

Running into similar issues - grey dots on sides, grey lines on screen at various points, etc. Any way to fix this or do I try

to swap out phone for new one (just got the Edge back in late May, so it's still

under warranty)??

- Jeffrey Dumond -

Options

5912 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3353 Signins

80426 Page Views

• Message 819 of 819

2021-06-24, 16:31 PM

@ J J wrote:

Running into similar issues - grey dots on sides, grey lines on screen at various points, etc. Any way to fix this or do I try

to swap out phone for new one (just got the Edge back in late May, so it' still

under warranty)??

- Jeffrey Dumond -

Hi Jeffrey,

Sorry, you're running into this. There is nothing at this point you can do from a software side. I'd recommend sending a private message to @MotoBecky to inquire about getting warranty repair/replacement. She'll be able to help you.

Thanks,

Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms