Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-07-2021

Italy

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

Screen Refresh Rate Option Disappeared

2021-04-07, 14:59 PM

Hello everybody, a few days ago the option to change the display refresh rate has disappeared. I also did the update to Android 11 recommended by the device, but I can't even find it. I also reset the phone to factory settings, but nothing. Has it happened to you too? How can I fix this? I have a Motorola Edge.

Options

5148 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3299 Signins

75716 Page Views

• Views: 75716
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Screen Refresh Rate Option Disappeared

2021-04-07, 19:22 PM

@ AndreaBipede wrote:

Hello everybody, a few days ago the option to change the display refresh rate has disappeared. I also did the update to Android 11 recommended by the device, but I can' even find it. I also reset the phone to factory settings, but nothing. Has it happened to you too? How can I fix this? I have a Motorola Edge.

Hello, do you have the edge or edge+? The reason I ask is that the option to switch refresh rates on the edge was removed a while ago in one of the Android 10/Q updates. Edge+ removed the option on the Android 11/R update. However, either way, this is normal and there is no way to get the option to switch. The phone is now locked to 90hz for the refresh rate.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

04-07-2021

Italy

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-04-07, 19:25 PM
Oh okay, I have a Motorola Edge not the Edge+. Why did they removed it tho? It was so useful, for me at least :/
Options

5148 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3299 Signins

75716 Page Views

• Views: 75716
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-08, 18:44 PM

@ AndreaBipede wrote:

Oh okay, I have a Motorola Edge not the Edge+. Why did they removed it tho? It was so useful, for me at least :/

So to give the history it was removed back in October 2020 on edge. As for why, we have optimized the performance of the edge to have a locked 90Hz display refresh rate. We believe this provides a better display experience.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms