Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2588 Signins

65233 Page Views

• Views: 65233
  • Message 991 of 1241

Re:Screen issue

2021-01-14, 13:45 PM

@ mcwear wrote:

Hello Guys,

I have bought an edge+ in Dubai, UAE on the 26th of December from the telcomms company Etisalat. Since I have a contract with a different provider, I purchased the phone on full price, no SIM card, no contract, etc so I am not tied to Etisalat in any way.

I have started to use the phone on the 30th, I simply didn' have time any earlier. I have installed all the Android software updates and used the phone as normal. Overall this phone is beyond amazing, truly a wow device.

On the 9th of January I started to notice the mentioned green screen issues, notably visible fingerprint sensor and temporary burn-in problems. Please see the attachment photo I have taken with my Z4 on the 11th of January, just 2 days after experiencing the problem. Today is the 4th day after it appeared and it is just getting worse day by day. 

In the meantime I have checked the box of the phone and the manufacturing date on the label is 7th of May 2020, so I assume this is an earlier model before the screen issues became known to all of us.

Being a big fan of the brand and super satisfied owner of a long line up of Motorola devices for the past 18 years and counting, I understand this is an odd scenario and rather a screen supplier quality issue with the edge and edge+ which I truly believe you Guys at Motorola can rectify. So far I have had only two minor problems back in 2007 and 2010 with a vibration motor and a microphone, ZERO issues with any smartphones in the later years. This made me pretty forgiving regarding the brand and built rocksolid trust, particularly in your high-end devices.

The issue right now is I am currently abroad and will return to the UAE in the very end of January. Knowing the not-so-extensive service network in the MEA region I would like to ask Matt and his team to help me connect with someone from the MEA Support Team (particularly in Dubai) to handle this issue in a timely and effective way when I return to the UAE so I don' have to do the walk in to the regular service centre and start explaining everything from A to Z to someone who handles 10s of different brands and 100s of different models on a daily basis. I understand they know what they are doing there but I am not sure how much are they aware of the screen issue on the edge+ and the effective solution to it. 

I simply would like to explore the options with someone competent in the topic and preferably switch to a later released model where the screen issues have been surely eliminated. I truly believe this is something we can easily get over, and being a happy Motorola customer can continue.

Please let me know what can and should be done now. 🙂

Best Regards, 

Peter

Hi Peter.

So sorry for this issue, and thanks for your kind words regarding the phone. Let me see what the opportunities are to make this happen as easily as possible. If you know when you plan to be back in that region, it may help.

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2588 Signins

65233 Page Views

• Message 992 of 1241

2021-01-14, 13:46 PM

@ June0988 wrote:

Hello

I got my Motorola edge+ device on December 24th 2020. The device was working great for the first 2 weeks but then I start seeing the screen issues, green and purple tints, just like other users mentioned here. The tints are getting worth and worth... 

I saw some posts said they got replace/repair. Did anybody got a replace in Canada???

I would like to know how can I get my device replace in Canada. 

I really like this device so I wish the screen problem will be solved as soon as possible. 

thank you.

Hi.

Apologies for this issue. We will escalate this to our Canadian colleagues and get this resolved for you as soon as possible.

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

51 Posts

02-07-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

100 Signins

1026 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1026
  • Message 993 of 1241

2021-01-14, 14:08 PM

@ mcwear wrote:

Hello Guys,

I have bought an edge+ in Dubai, UAE on the 26th of December from the telcomms company Etisalat. Since I have a contract with a different provider, I purchased the phone on full price, no SIM card, no contract, etc so I am not tied to Etisalat in any way.

I have started to use the phone on the 30th, I simply didn' have time any earlier. I have installed all the Android software updates and used the phone as normal. Overall this phone is beyond amazing, truly a wow device.

On the 9th of January I started to notice the mentioned green screen issues, notably visible fingerprint sensor and temporary burn-in problems. Please see the attachment photo I have taken with my Z4 on the 11th of January, just 2 days after experiencing the problem. Today is the 4th day after it appeared and it is just getting worse day by day. 

In the meantime I have checked the box of the phone and the manufacturing date on the label is 7th of May 2020, so I assume this is an earlier model before the screen issues became known to all of us.

Being a big fan of the brand and super satisfied owner of a long line up of Motorola devices for the past 18 years and counting, I understand this is an odd scenario and rather a screen supplier quality issue with the edge and edge+ which I truly believe you Guys at Motorola can rectify. So far I have had only two minor problems back in 2007 and 2010 with a vibration motor and a microphone, ZERO issues with any smartphones in the later years. This made me pretty forgiving regarding the brand and built rocksolid trust, particularly in your high-end devices.

The issue right now is I am currently abroad and will return to the UAE in the very end of January. Knowing the not-so-extensive service network in the MEA region I would like to ask Matt and his team to help me connect with someone from the MEA Support Team (particularly in Dubai) to handle this issue in a timely and effective way when I return to the UAE so I don' have to do the walk in to the regular service centre and start explaining everything from A to Z to someone who handles 10s of different brands and 100s of different models on a daily basis. I understand they know what they are doing there but I am not sure how much are they aware of the screen issue on the edge+ and the effective solution to it. 

I simply would like to explore the options with someone competent in the topic and preferably switch to a later released model where the screen issues have been surely eliminated. I truly believe this is something we can easily get over, and being a happy Motorola customer can continue.

Please let me know what can and should be done now. 🙂

Best Regards, 

Peter

Hi Peter,

I have just sent you a private message regarding this.

Thanks,

- Marta

Options

48 Posts

03-01-2014

Greece

146 Signins

1028 Page Views

• Views: 1028
  • Message 994 of 1241

2021-01-14, 17:57 PM

Hi everyone, I got an edge plus on the 16th of December (or maybe it was the 17th, will check when back home) in the UK directly from the Lenovo online store. The device came with one of the most horrible green screen issues on it and I immediately asked for a replacement from lenovo. They took their sweet time with it (oh lenovo what have you done to our favorite Motorola brand) and finally today I got my replacement device. Took them over a month... The bad news is the new device has the same issue, although not as bad as the first one was, but still very obvious. I contacted them again today and they only offered a refund. I am wondering what can be done about this as I really like the device and I am pretty sure that I'd come to love it if the screen issue were not present, so I am willing to keep trying till I get a working device, much rather than accepting a refund. Someone help me with this please as I am still in the UK but will be returning to my home in Greece on the 5th of February. I do not even mind going the screen replacement way if you guys say that there IS a good screen out thereand it is not just a myth we tell our kids to put them to bed

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2588 Signins

65233 Page Views

• Message 995 of 1241

2021-01-14, 18:16 PM

@ Vonas wrote:

Hi everyone, I got an edge plus on the 16th of December (or maybe it was the 17th, will check when back home) in the UK directly from the Lenovo online store. The device came with one of the most horrible green screen issues on it and I immediately asked for a replacement from lenovo. They took their sweet time with it (oh lenovo what have you done to our favorite Motorola brand) and finally today I got my replacement device. Took them over a month... The bad news is the new device has the same issue, although not as bad as the first one was, but still very obvious. I contacted them again today and they only offered a refund. I am wondering what can be done about this as I really like the device and I am pretty sure that I' come to love it if the screen issue were not present, so I am willing to keep trying till I get a working device, much rather than accepting a refund. Someone help me with this please as I am still in the UK but will be returning to my home in Greece on the 5th of February. I do not even mind going the screen replacement way if you guys say that there IS a good screen out thereand it is not just a myth we tell our kids to put them to bed

Hi.

Wow, so sorry to hear this. I'm sure we can do better. While there is no 100% guarantee, we have had very good results with our newer units and we are happy to help. I will ask an EU agent to reach out.

Regards,

- Matt

Options

48 Posts

03-01-2014

Greece

146 Signins

1028 Page Views

• Views: 1028
  • Message 996 of 1241

2021-01-14, 18:29 PM
Thanks a lot Matt, I thought so and I insisted when I asked for my replacement for a newer unit (mine was made 11th June 2020) but I still received one from the exact same batch (11/6/2020) :(
Options

1 Posts

01-14-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 997 of 1241

2021-01-14, 20:31 PM

I received my phone end of August/beginning of September. Was very happy with it until this problem started happening just a few days ago. It is creating ghost images of one section of the screen onto other sections. I read in some of the earlier comments about this that there will be a software or firmware fix for this. Has this happened yet?

Options

11 Posts

01-06-2021

Belarus

22 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 998 of 1241

2021-01-15, 9:22 AM

This is bad. it turns out the problem comes back again and again. repair won't help?

Options

51 Posts

02-07-2020

100 Signins

1026 Page Views

• Views: 1026
  • Message 999 of 1241

2021-01-15, 9:58 AM

@ Vonas wrote:

Hi everyone, I got an edge plus on the 16th of December (or maybe it was the 17th, will check when back home) in the UK directly from the Lenovo online store. The device came with one of the most horrible green screen issues on it and I immediately asked for a replacement from lenovo. They took their sweet time with it (oh lenovo what have you done to our favorite Motorola brand) and finally today I got my replacement device. Took them over a month... The bad news is the new device has the same issue, although not as bad as the first one was, but still very obvious. I contacted them again today and they only offered a refund. I am wondering what can be done about this as I really like the device and I am pretty sure that I' come to love it if the screen issue were not present, so I am willing to keep trying till I get a working device, much rather than accepting a refund. Someone help me with this please as I am still in the UK but will be returning to my home in Greece on the 5th of February. I do not even mind going the screen replacement way if you guys say that there IS a good screen out thereand it is not just a myth we tell our kids to put them to bed

Hi @ Vonas,

I have just sent you a private message regarding this.

Thanks,

- Marta

Options

226 Posts

04-03-2018

462 Signins

3682 Page Views

• Views: 3682
  • Message 1000 of 1241

2021-01-15, 10:09 AM

@ Vonas wrote:

Hi Vonas, 

We are very sorry about your experience. We would be glad to look into a replacement or repair for you in the UK. In order to do that, could you send me a DM with the following information?:

-Full name.

-Email address.

-Postal address.

-IMEI number of your phone.

-Phone number. 

-Proof of purchase of first phone, if you have it. 

Kind regards, 

Sara

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms