Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

48 Posts

03-01-2014

Greece

146 Signins

1028 Page Views

• Views: 1028
  • Message 1001 of 1251

Re:Screen issue

2021-01-15, 13:23 PM

So I have been contacted by motorola service here and I cannot say I'm satisfied. What they did say was I send the device in for service and even though it is a two day old device, I wouldn't mind as long as my problem gets fixed, BUT, what they did say and insisted on, is that they will just reflash the firmware as they keep insisting it is a software problem which will be solved via reflashing the software. Now from my experience with my first device and now with this one, it is a hardware issue as I have already been through the update that supposedly fixed the problem anyway and what is more, I am leaving UK to return to my country on the 5th of February so if the fw flash doesn't fix the issue (and it won't) then I am left with a bad phone as there will be no time to resend it. Please advise...

Options

20125 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2600 Signins

65343 Page Views

• Views: 65343
  • Message 1002 of 1251

2021-01-15, 13:25 PM

@ BKelley wrote:

I received my phone end of August/beginning of September. Was very happy with it until this problem started happening just a few days ago. It is creating ghost images of one section of the screen onto other sections. I read in some of the earlier comments about this that there will be a software or firmware fix for this. Has this happened yet?

Hi.

Very sorry this has happened on your device. While software solved this for some units, we have taken additional steps that include updated parts and assembly processes. 

We are happy to work with you to resolve this. I will have an agent reach out - please watch for a PM on this site.

Again, my apologies.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

20125 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2600 Signins

65343 Page Views

• Message 1003 of 1251

2021-01-15, 14:59 PM

@ Svetogorov wrote:

This is bad. it turns out the problem comes back again and again. repair won' help?

Hi.

No, this is not true. While there are reports on this thread of people getting the issue multiple times, we have greatly reduced the incidence, and repair certainly helps. There is no reason to say that we can't resolve this.

You have a second-hand device, using it in a region where it was not intended for sale. We are doing our best to find a route to repair for you, but covid is also complicating matters. I understand your frustration, but please work with our agents vs. venting here. Thanks.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

20125 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2600 Signins

65343 Page Views

• Message 1004 of 1251

2021-01-15, 15:52 PM

@ Vonas wrote:

So I have been contacted by motorola service here and I cannot say I' satisfied. What they did say was I send the device in for service and even though it is a two day old device, I wouldn' mind as long as my problem gets fixed, BUT, what they did say and insisted on, is that they will just reflash the firmware as they keep insisting it is a software problem which will be solved via reflashing the software. Now from my experience with my first device and now with this one, it is a hardware issue as I have already been through the update that supposedly fixed the problem anyway and what is more, I am leaving UK to return to my country on the 5th of February so if the fw flash doesn' fix the issue (and it won') then I am left with a bad phone as there will be no time to resend it. Please advise...

Hi.

We can't find a record of this contact, but apologies if you're getting bad information. We are working hard to fit a repair within your travel schedule -- which is tight. Please continue to work with the agents I've asked to support you.

If you have more details about who contacted you with that bad information about "firmware only," please share it with the agents so we can track that down and make sure the agents are properly informed and coached.

Thanks,

- Matt

Options

1 Posts

10-09-2017

Canada

8 Signins

114 Page Views

• Views: 114
  • Message 1005 of 1251

2021-01-16, 4:56 AM

I bought the Edge + despite a lot of people experiencing the issue. I thought Lenovo has probably dealt with it. Not only did I start getting calling issues on the phone as well as other social media platforms, now the green tint has appeared and seems to be getting bad. This is very frustrating. Unless, Lenovo handles this to satisfaction, I will never be a Lenovo customer for any product ever again.

Options

11 Posts

01-06-2021

Belarus

22 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 1006 of 1251

2021-01-16, 8:00 AM

Good afternoon, believe me, I am very grateful to you for the help that you provide to me and to everyone who has encountered this problem. Perhaps you misunderstood my message. I understand that you really do a lot, but I don't want to correspond with you on an ongoing basis. That is, I don’t want to bother you again on the forum after a while. Although I'm sure you are a wonderful person.

Thank you again for your help, unfortunately the online translator does not always translate the text correctly)))

Options

20125 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2600 Signins

65343 Page Views

• Message 1007 of 1251

2021-01-17, 21:02 PM

@ Rinathq wrote:

I bought the Edge + despite a lot of people experiencing the issue. I thought Lenovo has probably dealt with it. Not only did I start getting calling issues on the phone as well as other social media platforms, now the green tint has appeared and seems to be getting bad. This is very frustrating. Unless, Lenovo handles this to satisfaction, I will never be a Lenovo customer for any product ever again.

Hi.

Apologies for this issue. We will escalate this to our team in Canada and get this resolved.

Again, so sorry for the problem.

- Matt

Options

20125 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2600 Signins

65343 Page Views

• Message 1008 of 1251

2021-01-17, 21:07 PM

@ Svetogorov wrote:

Good afternoon, believe me, I am very grateful to you for the help that you provide to me and to everyone who has encountered this problem. Perhaps you misunderstood my message. I understand that you really do a lot, but I don' want to correspond with you on an ongoing basis. That is, I don’t want to bother you again on the forum after a while. Although I' sure you are a wonderful person.

Thank you again for your help, unfortunately the online translator does not always translate the text correctly)))

No problem! We're here to help! Hope we get this managed for you.

- Matt

Options

14 Posts

10-27-2016

Canada

8 Signins

137 Page Views

• Views: 137
  • Message 1009 of 1251

2021-01-18, 21:48 PM

Well it just started happening to me too out of nowhere.

It is 100% heat related. My phone is inside a beefy case and as I used it more in the past week the issue just popped up. These purple/green spots duplicate the camera notch in the middle of the screen for some reason and a weird green flash sometimes happens on the left side when I turn the screen on. It may sound like it's a software issue but it reeks of hardware defect. When I put my phone away the purple/green spots would go away slowly and then appear again when I used it heavily. Text would also duplicate itself as a purple shade and vanish moments later.

Then as a test I over used my phone to heat it up, the spots got really bad, took the case off and slowly blew on the phone to cool it and the spots just slowly started to vanish.

I arranged to have a free repair but was told it could take months. I know for a fact there is a higher chance than not that this will happen again so no thanks, I've already been inconvenienced enough. When I first got the phone I had a choice between Apple, Samsung, and Motorola and took a gamble to support Motorola and I keep getting slapped in the face for it. This is just one of the many issues regarding this phone. I think I've endured enough. Motorola staff is great but the engineers responsible for this mess need a slap across the head as a wake up call, there's no reason a phone this good should have these obvious and glaring flaws.

Options

1 Posts

01-19-2021

United Arab Emirates

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1010 of 1251

2021-01-19, 18:16 PM

I have bought Motorola edge plus 2 months back. After a while of use it started screen bleeding. Purple and green patches appears on the screen and it is very disturbing. How to fix it

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms