Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

20125 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2600 Signins

65343 Page Views

• Views: 65343
  • Message 1011 of 1249

Re:Screen issue

2021-01-20, 14:53 PM

@ suspetoc wrote:

Well it just started happening to me too out of nowhere.

It is 100% heat related. My phone is inside a beefy case and as I used it more in the past week the issue just popped up. These purple/green spots duplicate the camera notch in the middle of the screen for some reason and a weird green flash sometimes happens on the left side when I turn the screen on. It may sound like it' a software issue but it reeks of hardware defect. When I put my phone away the purple/green spots would go away slowly and then appear again when I used it heavily. Text would also duplicate itself as a purple shade and vanish moments later.

Then as a test I over used my phone to heat it up, the spots got really bad, took the case off and slowly blew on the phone to cool it and the spots just slowly started to vanish.

I arranged to have a free repair but was told it could take months. I know for a fact there is a higher chance than not that this will happen again so no thanks, I' already been inconvenienced enough. When I first got the phone I had a choice between Apple, Samsung, and Motorola and took a gamble to support Motorola and I keep getting slapped in the face for it. This is just one of the many issues regarding this phone. I think I' endured enough. Motorola staff is great but the engineers responsible for this mess need a slap across the head as a wake up call, there' no reason a phone this good should have these obvious and glaring flaws.

Hi.

I know I responded to this, but the reply seems to have gone missing. 

So sorry about this issue; we will certainly take care of it. The information you received about taking months is completely inaccurate. We're able to resolve most of these very quickly, depending on the processes in place in the different regions and countries.

I believe you are already being helped, as I referred your case to the escalation team a couple of days ago. I will make sure it's moving forward.

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

20125 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2600 Signins

65343 Page Views

• Message 1012 of 1249

2021-01-20, 14:55 PM

@ Sanower wrote:

I have bought Motorola edge plus 2 months back. After a while of use it started screen bleeding. Purple and green patches appears on the screen and it is very disturbing. How to fix it

Hi.

So sorry for this problem. I believe that in your region, you should return the phone to your retail location for an exchange. Please let me know if that doesn't work out and I'll see if there are other options.

Again, apologies for the problem.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

2 Posts

07-24-2020

United States of America

10 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1013 of 1249

2021-01-21, 16:36 PM

Hi, I have also begin to have the same issue, my screen is displaying black lines and dots (where it appears to loop display where the camera notch is.) Longer you use it the worse it gets, I agree with the above post that this is a heat issue. I must turn my phone OFF and let it sit for a while to cool down and go away and during this time I am missing out on important calls etc. 

Note: This is vital to get fixed fast, as I require it for family and work emergences!  

Update: This has already caused some drastic pain and troubles today alone. 

Update 2: My friends, it's becoming a critical issue quickly and is affecting everything. PLEASE HELP! 

I've been using Motorola for over 10 years and have never had issues, but this latest/greatest flagship phone has been a great disappointment! 

Options

20125 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2600 Signins

65343 Page Views

• Message 1014 of 1249

2021-01-22, 14:38 PM

@ SephGrave wrote:

Hi, I have also begin to have the same issue, my screen is displaying black lines and dots (where it appears to loop display where the camera notch is.) Longer you use it the worse it gets, I agree with the above post that this is a heat issue. I must turn my phone OFF and let it sit for a while to cool down and go away and during this time I am missing out on important calls etc. 

Note: This is vital to get fixed fast, as I require it for family and work emergences!  

Update: This has already caused some drastic pain and troubles today alone. 

Update 2: My friends, it' becoming a critical issue quickly and is affecting everything. PLEASE HELP! 

I' been using Motorola for over 10 years and have never had issues, but this latest/greatest flagship phone has been a great disappointment! 

Hi.

So sorry about this. We will contact you via PM here on the forums and get this cared for as quickly as possible.

Again, my apologies.

- Matt

Options

2 Posts

07-24-2020

United States of America

10 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1015 of 1249

2021-01-22, 18:45 PM
Great! I'll keep an eye out for it! Thank you for your quick response!
Options

1 Posts

01-23-2021

Canada

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1016 of 1249

2021-01-23, 10:05 AM

I bought this phone just over a week ago.

When I first turn it on the screen flickered like crazy. I had previously read a few of the screen issues before and I thought it had been fixed with software updates.

After the few updates were all finished.. The phone was perfect. I mean the best phone I have ever used..I love it.

Once in a while the screen would flicker or jump when the lock screen initiated , no big deal.

After 3 or 4 days when the phone would dim, instead of dimming like normal, it started to turn a shade of green, not very noticeable but not dim like before.

Day five I noticed purple blotches creeping in from the left, which would go away after turning off the screen.

Day 6 and the purple patches are almost permanent.. When they are not there is replaced by a green blotch.

Last few days: the stem blotches are both green and purple, super green on the lock screen.

Now today, I'm getting image burn, previous text doubled and the camera notch repeats in a screen burn 4 times down the screen.

Then it flashed green and turned off... Wouldn't come back, even with a reboot, until I left the phone down for an hour.. Then the phone reboot and I had screen again.. But with the purple and green blotches spreading over the whole phone.

The phone box says its date is made in June 2020

The phone is pretty much unusable, after just over a week of light use, light gaming and never once been damaged...I babied this beautiful phone all week

Now my questions

Is this issue fixed on later manufactured models, can I get a replacement?, is there a fix? Do I return the phone to the carrier in on contract with for this phone or to Motorola?

PXL_20210123_094503617.jpg PXL_20210123_094500026.jpg PXL_20210123_094457888.jpg PXL_20210123_093735621.jpg PXL_20210123_093706233.jpg PXL_20210123_093651742.jpg PXL_20210123_093636011.jpg PXL_20210123_093621035.jpg
Options

20125 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2600 Signins

65343 Page Views

• Message 1017 of 1249

2021-01-24, 20:49 PM

@ TadangB wrote:

I bought this phone just over a week ago.

When I first turn it on the screen flickered like crazy. I had previously read a few of the screen issues before and I thought it had been fixed with software updates.

After the few updates were all finished.. The phone was perfect. I mean the best phone I have ever used..I love it.

Once in a while the screen would flicker or jump when the lock screen initiated , no big deal.

After 3 or 4 days when the phone would dim, instead of dimming like normal, it started to turn a shade of green, not very noticeable but not dim like before.

Day five I noticed purple blotches creeping in from the left, which would go away after turning off the screen.

Day 6 and the purple patches are almost permanent.. When they are not there is replaced by a green blotch.

Last few days: the stem blotches are both green and purple, super green on the lock screen.

Now today, I' getting image burn, previous text doubled and the camera notch repeats in a screen burn 4 times down the screen.

Then it flashed green and turned off... Wouldn' come back, even with a reboot, until I left the phone down for an hour.. Then the phone reboot and I had screen again.. But with the purple and green blotches spreading over the whole phone.

The phone box says its date is made in June 2020

The phone is pretty much unusable, after just over a week of light use, light gaming and never once been damaged...I babied this beautiful phone all week

Now my questions

Is this issue fixed on later manufactured models, can I get a replacement?, is there a fix? Do I return the phone to the carrier in on contract with for this phone or to Motorola?

Hi.

My apologies for this problem. We will certainly take care of this. Let me escalate this to our Canada team. Please look for a PM here on the forums on Monday.

Again. so sorry about this.

Regards,

- Matt

Options

2 Posts

01-26-2021

India

7 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 1018 of 1249

2021-01-26, 14:00 PM

I am having the exact same issue. The problem shared with this gentleman is so similar to mine. I purchased this phone on 10th Jan and I have noticed the exact same thing happening to my phone. Please look into this. I read the older forums and it seems like they got a software update to fix this kind of tint/spot issue. Please provide us with the same software update if we have missed out... Or help us resolve this issue. Its sad how this phone is so amazing in all other features and this has to happen to its screen. 

IMG-20210126-WA0004.jpg IMG-20210126-WA0003.jpg IMG-20210126-WA0002.jpg
Options

20125 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2600 Signins

65343 Page Views

• Message 1019 of 1249

2021-01-26, 15:47 PM

@ Parthsampat wrote:

I am having the exact same issue. The problem shared with this gentleman is so similar to mine. I purchased this phone on 10th Jan and I have noticed the exact same thing happening to my phone. Please look into this. I read the older forums and it seems like they got a software update to fix this kind of tint/spot issue. Please provide us with the same software update if we have missed out... Or help us resolve this issue. Its sad how this phone is so amazing in all other features and this has to happen to its screen. 

Hi.

So sorry for this problem. We will have a colleague in your region reach out to you and help resolve this issue.

Again, my apologies.

- Matt

Options

1 Posts

01-26-2021

Canada

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1020 of 1249

2021-01-26, 16:35 PM

Hi,

I recently purchased Moto edge+ with my service provider Koodo. Within two months usage, I have green/gray/purple pixels on the right edge of the display. These pixels appear following extended usage( like 20-30 min). They also disappear following inactivity for some time.

Please see below image for the problem. Region in red rectangle is having pixel problems. The amount of faulty pixels changes from time to time.

After looking at the forum I realized its very common problem with this phone. Let me tell you one thing, I absolutely love this phone. I really think this phone has great potential. Has the solution to this been achieved? 

I communicated this problem to my service provider and they said that only option is to send the phone for repair.

What should I do in my case? Please let me know.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms