Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-27-2021

India

2 Signins

5 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎01-27-2021
  • Location: India
  • Views: 5
  • Message 1021 of 1239

Re:Screen issue

2021-01-27, 8:17 AM

Hi,

 

I purchased a Motorola Edge Plus in May 2020. It had all the issues everyone is having with the purple and grey spots and burn in issues. It got replaced in June 2020 but now the issues are back and worse than before. Motorola India is not helping me. How can I get a refund?

Reply
Options

48 Posts

03-01-2014

Greece

146 Signins

1028 Page Views

  • Posts: 48
  • Registered: ‎03-01-2014
  • Location: Greece
  • Views: 1028
  • Message 1022 of 1239

Re:Screen issue

2021-01-27, 14:29 PM

Shame on you for becoming a ghost of your former self. I sent my edge plus for service because of green tint/colour uniformity issues and was assured that it would get a screen replacement. I opted for that instead of a replacement device cause I got two out of two devices with the se issue and was reassured that a screen replacement was the safest way to go, in order to get a perfect device. Things started smelling funny when they called me from moto customer service to book a collection of my device when the guy at the phone said it is an issue of software updating (even though I already WAS on August and later versions of the sw that supposedly fixed the issues, so ckearly myvissue was hw). I specifically told him thay this was not what was agreed on when I accepted a repair instead of a device replacement and subsequently got xontacted by MotoMarta reassuring me that they had been notified and a screen replacement WOULD take place. Today I received my device back and only a software flash has been done to it which of course did not fix the problem. To add insult to injury, they did NOT even bother to check the device before sending it back, otherwise they would have seen the problem was not addressed at all. Also adb showed thatthe device was not turned on at all after the flash until I turned it on.

Now I am sitting with a subpar expensive device, leaving for Greece in 9 days (well 8 as today there is nothing more to be done with the device), not knowing if in Greece the waranty will be valid as I bought the original device in december, so UK was still in the EU, but then lenovo took their sweet time to send me the replacement (almost a month) which results in the replacement showing as bought after UK exited EU. And then knowing motorola Greece, I am even nore sure they will only be performing software updates till the coming of the antichrist and the end of the world l, before even bothering considering to replace the screen, with excuses like "well the device is still fintlctional so We don't see a reason why we should do this". You guys were warned. Steer clear of Motorola no matter if they give you the phones for free.

Reply
Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

  • Posts: 20124
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 65223
  • Message 1023 of 1239

Re:Screen issue

2021-01-27, 15:38 PM

@ Samvid wrote:

Hi,

 

I purchased a Motorola Edge Plus in May 2020. It had all the issues everyone is having with the purple and grey spots and burn in issues. It got replaced in June 2020 but now the issues are back and worse than before. Motorola India is not helping me. How can I get a refund? 

 

 

Hi.

 

So sorry you have encountered this issue. We can make sure that the India team takes care of this and has it repaired. 

 

Again, apologies for the problem and what sounds like a poor support experience.

 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Reply
Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

  • Posts: 20124
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 65223
  • Message 1024 of 1239

Re:Screen issue

2021-01-27, 15:48 PM

@ MockingJay96 wrote:

Hi,

 

I recently purchased Moto edge+ with my service provider Koodo. Within two months usage, I have green/gray/purple pixels on the right edge of the display. These pixels appear following extended usage( like 20-30 min). They also disappear following inactivity for some time.

 

Please see below image for the problem. Region in red rectangle is having pixel problems. The amount of faulty pixels changes from time to time.

After looking at the forum I realized its very common problem with this phone. Let me tell you one thing, I absolutely love this phone. I really think this phone has great potential. Has the solution to this been achieved? 

 

I communicated this problem to my service provider and they said that only option is to send the phone for repair.

 

What should I do in my case? Please let me know.

 

 

 

Hello.

 

Very sorry about this. We will certainly work to resolve this. 

 

I will have an agent escalated this to our Canadian team; please look for a message here on the forums, via PM. 

 

Regards,

 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Reply
Options

51 Posts

02-07-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

100 Signins

1026 Page Views

  • Posts: 51
  • Registered: ‎02-07-2020
  • Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1026
  • Message 1025 of 1239

Re:Screen issue

2021-01-27, 16:19 PM

@ Vonas wrote:

Shame on you for becoming a ghost of your former self. I sent my edge plus for service because of green tint/colour uniformity issues and was assured that it would get a screen replacement. I opted for that instead of a replacement device cause I got two out of two devices with the se issue and was reassured that a screen replacement was the safest way to go, in order to get a perfect device. Things started smelling funny when they called me from moto customer service to book a collection of my device when the guy at the phone said it is an issue of software updating (even though I already WAS on August and later versions of the sw that supposedly fixed the issues, so ckearly myvissue was hw). I specifically told him thay this was not what was agreed on when I accepted a repair instead of a device replacement and subsequently got xontacted by MotoMarta reassuring me that they had been notified and a screen replacement WOULD take place. Today I received my device back and only a software flash has been done to it which of course did not fix the problem. To add insult to injury, they did NOT even bother to check the device before sending it back, otherwise they would have seen the problem was not addressed at all. Also adb showed thatthe device was not turned on at all after the flash until I turned it on.

Now I am sitting with a subpar expensive device, leaving for Greece in 9 days (well 8 as today there is nothing more to be done with the device), not knowing if in Greece the waranty will be valid as I bought the original device in december, so UK was still in the EU, but then lenovo took their sweet time to send me the replacement (almost a month) which results in the replacement showing as bought after UK exited EU. And then knowing motorola Greece, I am even nore sure they will only be performing software updates till the coming of the antichrist and the end of the world l, before even bothering considering to replace the screen, with excuses like "well the device is still fintlctional so We don' see a reason why we should do this". You guys were warned. Steer clear of Motorola no matter if they give you the phones for free.

 

 

Hi,

 

We apologise for what has happened. However, as I previously mentioned via PM, your case is currently being handled by our management team.

 

I will be sending you a PM as soon as I receive an update from them.

 

Thank you.

 

- Marta

 

Reply
Options

12 Posts

01-27-2021

Canada

17 Signins

125 Page Views

  • Posts: 12
  • Registered: ‎01-27-2021
  • Location: Canada
  • Views: 125
  • Message 1026 of 1239

Re:Screen issue

2021-01-27, 22:35 PM

Hello.  I have been using a new Edge + that I ordered from Fido.  So far so good, but if the issues do come up with the screen, I will come back and post for sure.

 

My box has a manufacture date of 2020-12-10.  Does that mean that it was assembled on Oct 12, or Dec 10?  Did Motorola ship out any new ones that have the issues fixed?  Any cut off date on the manufacturing?

Reply
Options

2 Posts

01-27-2021

India

2 Signins

5 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎01-27-2021
  • Location: India
  • Views: 5
  • Message 1027 of 1239

Re:Screen issue

2021-01-28, 5:32 AM

Hi, thanks for your reply. But how will they be helping exactly? Your global policy allows for a refund, replacement or repair for up to 1 year. The service center had declared this not repairable and had offered me a replacement. The replacement has also gone bad and I am within my 12 month period to make a valid claim. My phone does not suffer from damage and is a manufacturing defect as thousands have faced this issue. I can't keep going to the service center in the middle of Covid pandemic as my wife is 8 months pregnant and I have to take extra care. Request you to please initiate a refund as I don't want another motorola edge plus device because the same problem will persist again. Thank you. 

Reply
Options

48 Posts

03-01-2014

Greece

146 Signins

1028 Page Views

  • Posts: 48
  • Registered: ‎03-01-2014
  • Location: Greece
  • Views: 1028
  • Message 1028 of 1239

Re:Screen issue

2021-01-28, 12:09 PM

I know motoMarta is investigating this and from previous experience with motorola service (in Greece) the service guys (not the customer care people) will do anything to avoid repairing green hue screens (I had that on my 2013 moto x) saying "it doesn't look bad and/or doesn't affect the phone usage" and varius other crap like that, so since I cannot add photos to the private messages with Marta, here they come. Does this look like an ok screen to you? Had they just turned on the device after their supposed repair (which comprised of just a software flash) they would have seen it.

IMG_20210116_164647168.jpg IMG_20210115_154728683_HDR.jpg IMG_20210115_154710596.jpg
Reply
Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

  • Posts: 20124
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 65223
  • Message 1029 of 1239

Re:Screen issue

2021-01-28, 15:15 PM

@ Samvid wrote:

Hi, thanks for your reply. But how will they be helping exactly? Your global policy allows for a refund, replacement or repair for up to 1 year. The service center had declared this not repairable and had offered me a replacement. The replacement has also gone bad and I am within my 12 month period to make a valid claim. My phone does not suffer from damage and is a manufacturing defect as thousands have faced this issue. I can' keep going to the service center in the middle of Covid pandemic as my wife is 8 months pregnant and I have to take extra care. Request you to please initiate a refund as I don' want another motorola edge plus device because the same problem will persist again. Thank you. 

 

Hi.

 

We will work with you until you have a device that is not displaying this problem. A refund at this point is not going to be considered, but we will do what it takes to ensure you have a device that works as it is intended.

 

Regards,

 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Reply
Options

2 Posts

01-28-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎01-28-2021
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 15
  • Message 1030 of 1239

Edge + screen issues fixed yet????

2021-01-28, 15:48 PM

Why is it so difficult to get an answer to this question? Has Motorola fixed all the screen issues (and various other issues) on the Edge + yet? I want to upgrade from my five year old Moto z force, (quite possibly the best phone I've ever owned durability and performance wise), because the battery is finally giving up... But I want to know Motorola has addressed the screen issues with the Edge+ before I spend a 1000 dollars on it. Verizon (my carrier) can't answer it, internet articles are from mid 2020... What is the status of these Edge+ screen issues on January 28th, 2021????

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms