Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

01-27-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1031 of 1242

Re:Screen issue

2021-01-28, 16:15 PM

I am new to this forum, so hope I am doing this correctly. I have had my phone since July 2020 and it started having the same screen issues about a month ago. Now it is showing the images/colors most of the time. I read that there are fixes for the problem, so can someone please email the links to me. [removed]

I have been a Motorola customer/user for at least 10 years and this is the first time I have ever had a problem like this. Is there an option of getting a new phone since it is under warranty still? 

Thank you for your help,

Rita Wolf

• Removed personal information for your own privacy and security. - Matt

Options

20125 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2592 Signins

65288 Page Views

• Views: 65288
  • Message 1032 of 1242

2021-01-28, 17:34 PM

@ Vonas wrote:

I know motoMarta is investigating this and from previous experience with motorola service (in Greece) the service guys (not the customer care people) will do anything to avoid repairing green hue screens (I had that on my 2013 moto x) saying "it doesn' look bad and/or doesn' affect the phone usage" and varius other crap like that, so since I cannot add photos to the private messages with Marta, here they come. Does this look like an ok screen to you? Had they just turned on the device after their supposed repair (which comprised of just a software flash) they would have seen it.

Hi.

I understand -- you had a bad service experience and it does leave a bad taste. But we're going to resolve this. I will check back in with Marta and make sure this is moving forward.

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

20125 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2592 Signins

65288 Page Views

• Message 1033 of 1242

2021-01-28, 17:39 PM

@ Superdaddy wrote:

Hello.  I have been using a new Edge + that I ordered from Fido.  So far so good, but if the issues do come up with the screen, I will come back and post for sure.

My box has a manufacture date of 2020-12-10.  Does that mean that it was assembled on Oct 12, or Dec 10?  Did Motorola ship out any new ones that have the issues fixed?  Any cut off date on the manufacturing?

Hi.

Great that things are looking good - do let us know if things go sideways.

We have made changes to our processes and parts that lower the incidence rate. I'm not that close to the manufacturing process, but I suspect that either date would include most or all changes.

Thanks for choosing Motorola.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

20125 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2592 Signins

65288 Page Views

• Message 1034 of 1242

2021-01-28, 17:50 PM

@ Erthsmith wrote:

Why is it so difficult to get an answer to this question? Has Motorola fixed all the screen issues (and various other issues) on the Edge + yet? I want to upgrade from my five year old Moto z force, (quite possibly the best phone I' ever owned durability and performance wise), because the battery is finally giving up... But I want to know Motorola has addressed the screen issues with the Edge+ before I spend a 1000 dollars on it. Verizon (my carrier) can' answer it, internet articles are from mid 2020... What is the status of these Edge+ screen issues on January 28th, 2021????

Hi.

Thanks for your interest in the edge+. I understand that no one can be expected to read this entire thread, so I'll repeat what I've written before. 

We have made multiple improvements, in software, parts and processes, to address this problem. And, we continue to stand by the product and move quickly to resolve issues when they do arise. Today, as of Jan. 28, 2021, speaking very generally, the odds of getting this issue are no different than having any other quality issue. There are always going to be flaws and breakdowns in individual phones; that's why we have a warranty. Only you can make the decision on this, but I think you can feel confident in buying edge+, if only because you can look at this thread and see our commitment to making it right if you should encounter the problem.

Also, it's the best all-around phone I've ever used. So there's that. :)

Regards,

- Matt

Options

20125 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2592 Signins

65288 Page Views

• Message 1035 of 1242

2021-01-28, 17:55 PM

@ Ritolf wrote:

I am new to this forum, so hope I am doing this correctly. I have had my phone since July 2020 and it started having the same screen issues about a month ago. Now it is showing the images/colors most of the time. I read that there are fixes for the problem, so can someone please email the links to me. [removed]

I have been a Motorola customer/user for at least 10 years and this is the first time I have ever had a problem like this. Is there an option of getting a new phone since it is under warranty still? 

Thank you for your help,

Rita Wolf

• Removed personal information for your own privacy and security. - Matt

Hi Rita.

You did this perfectly. I'm so sorry you have run into this problem. I will have an agent email you and we'll make sure this is resolved quickly.

Again, so sorry for this. We'll take care of it.

- Matt

Options

2 Posts

01-29-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 25
  • Message 1036 of 1242

2021-01-29, 17:26 PM

Hello! I got my motorola edge plus for Christmas direct from Lenovo and the purple screen discolouration started after 3 weeks so I contacted Motorola support and arranged for it to go to the service centre (I expected that it would be replaced as it was so new!) I was unable to track it on the tracking system but eventually the support site contacted me to say it is held waiting for parts. My question is - has anybody had this problem repaired - is there an actual physical fix for it?

I have been told that this may take up to 2 weeks! By that time they will have had the phone for almost as long as I had it!!

Am so far not terribly impressed considering this is an expensive flagship phone from a large company! 

Options

20125 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2592 Signins

65288 Page Views

• Message 1037 of 1242

2021-01-30, 17:33 PM

@ Strontiumnoreen wrote:

Hello! I got my motorola edge plus for Christmas direct from Lenovo and the purple screen discolouration started after 3 weeks so I contacted Motorola support and arranged for it to go to the service centre (I expected that it would be replaced as it was so new!) I was unable to track it on the tracking system but eventually the support site contacted me to say it is held waiting for parts. My question is - has anybody had this problem repaired - is there an actual physical fix for it?

I have been told that this may take up to 2 weeks! By that time they will have had the phone for almost as long as I had it!!

Am so far not terribly impressed considering this is an expensive flagship phone from a large company! 

Hi.

So sorry you have this issue, and that the service experience has been so delayed. Let me escalate this; however, it will likely be Monday before I can get a response.

Again, our apologies.

- Matt

Options

18 Posts

01-21-2015

United States of America

27 Signins

258 Page Views

• Views: 258
  • Message 1038 of 1242

2021-01-31, 19:34 PM

Hi. 

I was wondering if I buy a Canadian edge plus and it has issues if I can get support if I live in the US. 

If there's no official support would it be possible to send it in for a fee? 

Thanks 

Options

1 Posts

02-01-2021

Canada

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1039 of 1242

2021-02-01, 3:22 AM

Hey there, 

I just got my Motorola Edge+ phone before Christmas, and now the screen is having some issues. There's 3 rows of dark purple pixels and a green tint that goes horizontally across the display screen. After reading a few forums and other discussion boards, this seems to be a common issue for the phone lately. I absolutely love the phone, but I'm not sure what my next steps would be to have the phone repaired. If someone could help with a solution or how to go about with this problem, I would appreciate it. 

Thanks! 

Options

20125 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2592 Signins

65288 Page Views

• Message 1040 of 1242

2021-02-01, 15:35 PM

@ Koneesha1 wrote:

Hi. 

I was wondering if I buy a Canadian edge plus and it has issues if I can get support if I live in the US. 

If there' no official support would it be possible to send it in for a fee? 

Thanks 

Hi.

We never recommend buying a phone in one country/region for ongoing use in another. You would not be able to get warranty support in the US for a Canadian model, and in most cases, you can't even get service for a fee. There are also possible issues with banding, carrier certification and whitelisting, etc., that make this a bad idea.

You mind my asking why you would buy the Canadian version vs just getting one in the US?

Thanks for your interest!

- Matt

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms