Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

20058 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2560 Signins

64633 Page Views

• Views: 64633
  • Message 1041 of 1229

Re:Screen issue

2021-02-01, 15:36 PM

@ D.Gagnon wrote:

Hey there, 

I just got my Motorola Edge+ phone before Christmas, and now the screen is having some issues. There' 3 rows of dark purple pixels and a green tint that goes horizontally across the display screen. After reading a few forums and other discussion boards, this seems to be a common issue for the phone lately. I absolutely love the phone, but I' not sure what my next steps would be to have the phone repaired. If someone could help with a solution or how to go about with this problem, I would appreciate it. 

Thanks! 

Hi.

Apologies for this issue. Let me have this escalated to our team in Canada so we can resolve this.

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

9 Posts

11-01-2020

Argentina

31 Signins

590 Page Views

• Views: 590
  • Message 1042 of 1229

2021-02-01, 18:55 PM

Hello, a few pages before you were talking about an system update that will eliminate for complete this problem with the screens (like the green tint at low brightness) but it was in the lab test period.

Any information that can a moderator share about this system update?

Options

20058 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2560 Signins

64633 Page Views

• Message 1043 of 1229

2021-02-01, 20:09 PM

@ Kreptile wrote:

Hello, a few pages before you were talking about an system update that will eliminate for complete this problem with the screens (like the green tint at low brightness) but it was in the lab test period.

Any information that can a moderator share about this system update?

Hi.

I did mention a software update, but that was released in July and while it did help avoid or eliminate this issue for some phones, it's likely that most edge+ phones already have that software. 

It looks like you have a regular edge, or did last time you posted. It also received updated software. Are you in need of support?

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

4 Posts

01-05-2021

Canada

7 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 1044 of 1229

2021-02-02, 4:06 AM

Mine was repaired under factory warranty at Futuretel in Markham Ontario. They sent a loaner in the mail with return postage for mine. This was arranged through my provider, Rogers with the incident number I was given by Motorola support. 3 weeks later I got it back today. It runs much cooler now so hopefully no more issues with a distorted screen. 

Options

48 Posts

03-01-2014

Greece

146 Signins

1028 Page Views

• Views: 1028
  • Message 1045 of 1229

2021-02-02, 10:36 AM

I still haven't heard anything about my problem. As a reminder my phone was  bought directly from lenovo online store in December in the UK, while UK was still in the EU, it had a very bad green tint issue, was replaced by lenovo, and the replacement device had a green tint/screen uniformity issue as well. At that point asking in forums and reading, it turned out that a repair was my best option instead of risking with yet another device, after I was assured that a screen replacement was a permanent fix, since the screen would be good and an extra layer of protection would be added. I subsequently sent my device for repair after I was told that there would DEFINITELY be a screen replacement and not just a software flash (as the guy who contacted me told me initially), only to receive it back a week later with (surprise-surprise) with a software flash that of course did NOT fix anything. Now I am returning to Greece where I live, with a bad device, no idea what to do next, and all I was told since last week was that my case is being investigated (which I think it just means we are looking into why the retard technician did not do his job properly). Well, I need someone to tell me what happens next, as I am confused right now, torn between MotoMarta telling me that ny warranty is valid still in Greece, and Greek customer support telling me it is NOT as UK is no longer part of the EU and my replacement device came in January, after the Brexit. Also can someone arrange a repair for me in Greece like you did in the UK (but please a real one, no time to fool around  any more with sw flashes). I have had the phone in theory for 2 months now and been in actual possession of it for maybe ten days? And yeah, an answer as to what happened the first time would be nice

Options

48 Posts

03-01-2014

Greece

146 Signins

1028 Page Views

• Views: 1028
  • Message 1046 of 1229

2021-02-02, 14:01 PM

Oh goodie... I got a reply people. For everyone in the forum to see... My device did not get repaired because THIS screen passed all tests (translation we f'ed up but won't admit it...), and still no answer as to whether my phone is covered by warranty in Greece and if yes, is motorola wikking to repair it?  All I got was, refund, which is too late as I am leaving the country the day after tomorrow, so no time to schedule device colekction eveb if I wanted to (I still prefer to have it fixed as it is a good device, screen issues apart).

Ps what you see in the photos is NOT reflections, it is what the screen actually looks like in low light conditions. THIS is the screen that passed all tests, the issue is always present, does not come and go, so if they actually checked, they would have seen it. I was told on the phobe it would be a software flash, even before I sent it over. I should have known better.

IMG_20210131_150911477.jpg IMG_20210116_164647168.jpg
Options

20058 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2560 Signins

64633 Page Views

• Message 1047 of 1229

2021-02-02, 14:09 PM

@ Vonas wrote:

I still haven' heard anything about my problem. As a reminder my phone was  bought directly from lenovo online store in December in the UK, while UK was still in the EU, it had a very bad green tint issue, was replaced by lenovo, and the replacement device had a green tint/screen uniformity issue as well. At that point asking in forums and reading, it turned out that a repair was my best option instead of risking with yet another device, after I was assured that a screen replacement was a permanent fix, since the screen would be good and an extra layer of protection would be added. I subsequently sent my device for repair after I was told that there would DEFINITELY be a screen replacement and not just a software flash (as the guy who contacted me told me initially), only to receive it back a week later with (surprise-surprise) with a software flash that of course did NOT fix anything. Now I am returning to Greece where I live, with a bad device, no idea what to do next, and all I was told since last week was that my case is being investigated (which I think it just means we are looking into why the retard technician did not do his job properly). Well, I need someone to tell me what happens next, as I am confused right now, torn between MotoMarta telling me that ny warranty is valid still in Greece, and Greek customer support telling me it is NOT as UK is no longer part of the EU and my replacement device came in January, after the Brexit. Also can someone arrange a repair for me in Greece like you did in the UK (but please a real one, no time to fool around  any more with sw flashes). I have had the phone in theory for 2 months now and been in actual possession of it for maybe ten days? And yeah, an answer as to what happened the first time would be nice

Hi.

I know the team has tried to call you. They are sending an email now. Apologies for any delays.

- Matt

Options

2 Posts

01-26-2021

India

7 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 1048 of 1229

2021-02-03, 9:49 AM

Hello.

Im glad to post an update here today. After I had the dark spots and green tint issue on the display of my Motorola Edge Plus phone, I sent an SOS post asking for a fix to this, to which Matt replied, within an hour, that he will have a colleague of his in my region speak to me about it and look into my problems. I had the wrong presumption that this help will arrive late. But just on the next day a gentleman named Naveen Kumar from Bangaluru called me up and guided me with my problem, suggested a remedy, even gave me the location of the nearest service centre where I can submit my phone for repair. When I was at the service center Mr. Naveen talked to the people there himself, which speeded up the process and astonished the service centre guys since they dont usually get a call from a high level employee at the Motorola office itself. Thanks to him, the repair process which takes around 8-10 days, was done in 5. The screen problem is solved, and he kept following me up about the proceedings till I had the last acknowledgement given to me by the service centre.

I am a proud Motorola customer since 4 years now, and I must say I am proud of the timely service that I received from Matt and Mr. Naveen Kumar. You guys deserve a shoutout. Just hoping that the screen issue does not pop up again, since there have been people having the same issue over and over with the Edge plus screen. But for now, the bottom line is, well done Team Motorola! Cheers! 

Options

20058 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2560 Signins

64633 Page Views

• Message 1049 of 1229

2021-02-03, 15:03 PM

@ Parthsampat wrote:

Hello.

Im glad to post an update here today. After I had the dark spots and green tint issue on the display of my Motorola Edge Plus phone, I sent an SOS post asking for a fix to this, to which Matt replied, within an hour, that he will have a colleague of his in my region speak to me about it and look into my problems. I had the wrong presumption that this help will arrive late. But just on the next day a gentleman named Naveen Kumar from Bangaluru called me up and guided me with my problem, suggested a remedy, even gave me the location of the nearest service centre where I can submit my phone for repair. When I was at the service center Mr. Naveen talked to the people there himself, which speeded up the process and astonished the service centre guys since they dont usually get a call from a high level employee at the Motorola office itself. Thanks to him, the repair process which takes around 8-10 days, was done in 5. The screen problem is solved, and he kept following me up about the proceedings till I had the last acknowledgement given to me by the service centre.

I am a proud Motorola customer since 4 years now, and I must say I am proud of the timely service that I received from Matt and Mr. Naveen Kumar. You guys deserve a shoutout. Just hoping that the screen issue does not pop up again, since there have been people having the same issue over and over with the Edge plus screen. But for now, the bottom line is, well done Team Motorola! Cheers! 

Wow, so kind of you to share your experience here! Glad we could help.

- Matt

Options

2 Posts

02-03-2021

Brazil

5 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 1050 of 1229

2021-02-03, 19:53 PM

Hi there, I just joined the community forums.

I've had my moto Edge+ for a few months now and I really like it.
It's my first Android device, and, by extension, my first Motorola.
The day I went to buy it was a ride.

I got the phone in the end of 2020, which comfortably sets me in the group of people who believed it was enough time from launch for the green tint to be fixed/patched - after all, why wouldn't it? - and for new, fresh units to be produced and sold. Thus, I'd have one of those units in my hands. The store, too, wouldn't be selling the phone otherwise. Or would they?

On day one I learned my settings and personalized the system, I picked 60 Hz as the standard. (My phone is up to date and I still have that choice.)
I went on, trying to enjoy my new phone.

After some time, with recent posts regarding green tint, purple spots and rapidly degrading displays in Edges around the world; though I at first imagined the issue could be region specific, I figured that I'd simply not be the one whose display would just not have it.

This is what I've got:

- In low brightness (naturally set by Adaptive Brightness at night, so I'm really not pushing it) and especially in grey backgrounds, I see this subtle, uneven green coloring in the screen.
- And this is where I thought I'd step out of my original settings. Picking 90 Hz refresh rate has the green become considerably more pronounced. The tint has some sort of a "pattern" and, if I go from Brightness level 0% to about 22%, the green seems to even out almost throughout the entire screen. Higher levels only make the screen brighter, until green is not really noticeable, like others already said here.

It has never reached the levels of some folks here in this thread, I must note.

I didn't have a very good camera around to register it. For reference, though, the background was supposed to be a single shade of gray.

The way I see it with my own eyes, my display looks very similar to that of Vonas, at message 1046.

Is there anything I can do?
I'm posting here out of a fear it'll get worse with time and past warranty period, even if it currently doesn't stop me from using the phone.

Thanks in advance.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms