Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

19970 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2536 Signins

63918 Page Views

• Views: 63918
  • Message 1061 of 1226

Re:Screen issue

2021-02-10, 14:19 PM

@ Strontiumnoreen wrote:

Well - it' 10 days later and I still haven' got my phone back! There is still no update other than that the service centre is experiencing a higher volume of repairs and it will cause some delays. They suggest that I wait until the end of next week before contacting them again - I understand that things are difficult during the covid pandemic but by that time they will have had the phone for 30 days - considerably longer than I actually had it in my possession! The tracking system does not work and so I am unable to see what is happening. I feel absolutely powerless - if I had bought the phone from a shop it would have been refunded or replaced. I love the phone but this has been a really disappointing experience. 

Hi.

I'm so sorry. I know that parts are a challenge in some regions, but I am re-escalating this. 

My apologies.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

1 Posts

02-11-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1062 of 1226

2021-02-11, 7:12 AM

I too purchased an unlocked Motorola edge and I am experiencing green tint that slowly worsens. I have not received these software updates as I currently don't have a carrier. I'd love some resources on fixing this glaring issue. 

Options

19970 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2536 Signins

63918 Page Views

• Message 1063 of 1226

2021-02-11, 14:50 PM

@ Ghostlyostly wrote:

I too purchased an unlocked Motorola edge and I am experiencing green tint that slowly worsens. I have not received these software updates as I currently don' have a carrier. I' love some resources on fixing this glaring issue. 

Hi.

At this point, I believe most edge+ devices have the software that helped in this case, so you are likely to need additional help -- which we can provide. (By the way, not being on a carrier should not prevent you from getting updates, as long as you are using wifi.)

I will have an agent contact you here on the forums via private message, to resolve this. Apologies for this problem.

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

1 Posts

02-12-2021

Poland

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1064 of 1226

2021-02-12, 2:55 AM

Hi,

Yesterday I bought my new motorola edge. I was very excited, but unfortunately my smarthphone has a defect in the left top corner (picture). I don't know what to do with that right now. I'm afraid that if I replace it with a new one, the problem will appear sooner or later, because from what I see many people have problems with the display.
Options

19970 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2536 Signins

63918 Page Views

• Message 1065 of 1226

2021-02-12, 14:59 PM

@ sapek wrote:

Hi,

Yesterday I bought my new motorola edge. I was very excited, but unfortunately my smarthphone has a defect in the left top corner (picture). I don' know what to do with that right now. I' afraid that if I replace it with a new one, the problem will appear sooner or later, because from what I see many people have problems with the display.

Hi.

I'm afraid that looks like the issue we've been discussing here. The first thing I would do is make sure the phone is fully updated with any new software. If you did receive any updates when you set it up already, that would be good to know. If you did (or do) get updates, wait a couple of days to see if this clears up. If the software works, it should be fine.

If it does not clear up, I would exchange it wherever you purchased it. At no point, even after launch, did every phone have this issue -- you have an excellent chance of getting one without this problem. 

Please let me know if you need assistance. Apologies for this problem.

- Matt

Options

3 Posts

02-14-2021

Canada

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1066 of 1226

Advice with "green screen" effect Canada

2021-02-14, 6:09 AM

Hey, 

I have picked up a Moto edge plus in Canada on a very reasonable plan......I now know why. 

I have been seeing the same green screen tint mentioned in other threads happening on the right side of my screen with it growing. 

My carrier will be replacing this unit however I'm unsure of what the quality of the next one will be like considering the issue seems so widespread. (August 2020 production)

This device was updated to the latest software so the question is did Motorola sort out the hardware issue? Will this be the same issue with the new device? I love the phone after two days of usage - minus the screen issue - do I keep gettingt carrier to replace their clearance stock which will run out or will Motorola be able to replace the screen with a new "fixed" panel if the issue is the same in the new phone? 

Thanks 

Options

19970 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2536 Signins

63918 Page Views

• Message 1067 of 1226

2021-02-15, 19:44 PM

@ Ji56 wrote:

Hey, 

I have picked up a Moto edge plus in Canada on a very reasonable plan......I now know why. 

I have been seeing the same green screen tint mentioned in other threads happening on the right side of my screen with it growing. 

My carrier will be replacing this unit however I' unsure of what the quality of the next one will be like considering the issue seems so widespread. (August 2020 production)

This device was updated to the latest software so the question is did Motorola sort out the hardware issue? Will this be the same issue with the new device? I love the phone after two days of usage - minus the screen issue - do I keep gettingt carrier to replace their clearance stock which will run out or will Motorola be able to replace the screen with a new "fixed" panel if the issue is the same in the new phone? 

Thanks 

Hi.

Sorry you've run into this issue. If it should re-occur on your replacement device, post here and we'll be able to help. We do have some improvements since the first batches. 

Regards,

- Matt

Options

4 Posts

01-27-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1068 of 1226

2021-02-16, 7:53 AM

But still resolution for the existing owners of the edge and edge+ sad Matt, sad Matt

Options

19970 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2536 Signins

63918 Page Views

• Message 1069 of 1226

2021-02-16, 12:21 PM

@ PH2squared wrote:

But still resolution for the existing owners of the edge and edge+ sad Matt, sad Matt

Hi.

Thanks for posting here, though I see you are still posting on the other thread too. I'm assuming this means you have this display issue on your phone? My apologies for this, especially as it sounds like you've had it more than once.

I will have an agent contact you here on the forums via PM. We will explore your options to resolve this. 

Again, so sorry for the issue.

- Matt

Options

14 Posts

06-29-2020

United States of America

24 Signins

255 Page Views

• Views: 255
  • Message 1070 of 1226

2021-02-16, 15:24 PM

Well this phone (5th) lasted longer than any I've had in the past but now I'm starting to have the issues again on the screen. I've been babying it for several weeks now yet it keeps getting bigger. The software was updated when the last update came out. It is up to date.

I love this phone but I'm really over not using it for too long a period at a time to baby it through. Can you please have someone contact me about this?

Thanks,

Lynette

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms