Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

19897 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2513 Signins

63358 Page Views

• Views: 63358
  • Message 1081 of 1202

Re:Screen issue

2021-03-01, 15:52 PM

@ thisbytes1 wrote:

Matt,

I haven' received a PM here yet about my issue. Please have someone contact me.

Thank you.

Lynette

Hi.

Oh no. I'm so sorry. Becky will reach out today.

Apologies for the miss!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

1 Posts

03-02-2021

Germany

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1082 of 1202

2021-03-02, 18:24 PM

Hello fellows,

fyi:

I bought my moto edge plus three weeks ago (Location Germany).

At first I didn't notice the greenish screen.

And I used to ignore it.

But today i got the issue with darker/purple spots on the left side. Also green spots sometime or other strange things.

I contacted the support and they have provided me two options:

to repair or cash back (which i would use to buy a new edge plus).

I'm not sure which option I should choose.

I read in this thread that there are only a few newer devices with this issue, but also the old crappy ones are still sold.

And some needed three or four replacements till they got one functioning correctly.

So what should I do?

I only bought a new one, because my Nokia's microphone got broken after a patch; and I couldn't really phoning for half a year ... and that's my only phone i have and use ...

So i hoped to get away from strange bugs which nobody cares to fix :/

Options

19897 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2513 Signins

63358 Page Views

• Message 1083 of 1202

2021-03-03, 15:07 PM

@ SirNik_OdTW wrote:

Hello fellows,

fyi:

I bought my moto edge plus three weeks ago (Location Germany).

At first I didn' notice the greenish screen.

And I used to ignore it.

But today i got the issue with darker/purple spots on the left side. Also green spots sometime or other strange things.

I contacted the support and they have provided me two options:

to repair or cash back (which i would use to buy a new edge plus).

I' not sure which option I should choose.

I read in this thread that there are only a few newer devices with this issue, but also the old crappy ones are still sold.

And some needed three or four replacements till they got one functioning correctly.

So what should I do?

I only bought a new one, because my Nokia' microphone got broken after a patch; and I couldn' really phoning for half a year ... and that' my only phone i have and use ...

So i hoped to get away from strange bugs which nobody cares to fix :/

Hi.

I think it's a close call between a repair and a new device. Odds are very good either way that the new device will be fine. I'm very sorry you had this issue at all.

We care very much to fix this and have worked hard to do so. We feel confident that the new and repaired devices are extremely reliable.

If you want help with a repair, please feel free to let me know here, and we'll ask our colleagues in your region to give you support.

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

2 Posts

03-04-2021

Canada

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1084 of 1202

2021-03-04, 20:31 PM

Hi Matt,

I just got 2 new phones from Rogers and activated the phones on Feb 16th.  One of the phones has the screen issues already, in 20 days... The first image is how it looks after I restarted the phone, else it looked like the pic from the previous poster (looking like a punch-hole silhouette)

Options

19897 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2513 Signins

63358 Page Views

• Message 1085 of 1202

2021-03-05, 15:44 PM

@ thejayrana wrote:

Hi Matt,

I just got 2 new phones from Rogers and activated the phones on Feb 16th.  One of the phones has the screen issues already, in 20 days... The first image is how it looks after I restarted the phone, else it looked like the pic from the previous poster (looking like a punch-hole silhouette)

Hi.

Ugh, so sorry to see this. Let me ping the team there. Maybe we can still get something done today before the weekend.

Again, my apologies for this issue.

- Matt

Options

19 Posts

04-06-2016

United States of America

22 Signins

118 Page Views

• Views: 118
  • Message 1086 of 1202

2021-03-07, 20:28 PM

Going to go on my fifth replacement. My gosh this is SO BAD. 

I want to stay with Verizon but want another phone. Verizon keeps telling me I have to "pay off the balance" before getting another phone. PAY $700 for four used phones Motorola sent me? Can we discuss how much these phones are on the secondary market blemished? I'll pay that price. IF and that's a big IF,  Verizon had given me a brand new phone each time I'd be like "yeah, ok I'll pay the $700 balance". But no, I've been given a refurbished or "like new" phone (but NOT new) every time. All defective. Is there a lemon law for phones? 

So wrote my representative hoping to change this insanity.

I now have a solid BRIGHT green bar going across the bottom sometimes it flashes real fast. I mean flashlight bright. 

Need help. 

Thank you.

Options

19897 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2513 Signins

63358 Page Views

• Message 1087 of 1202

2021-03-08, 16:42 PM

@ rxonmymind wrote:

Going to go on my fifth replacement. My gosh this is SO BAD. 

I want to stay with Verizon but want another phone. Verizon keeps telling me I have to "pay off the balance" before getting another phone. PAY $700 for four used phones Motorola sent me? Can we discuss how much these phones are on the secondary market blemished? I' pay that price. IF and that' a big IF,  Verizon had given me a brand new phone each time I' be like "yeah, ok I' pay the $700 balance". But no, I' been given a refurbished or "like new" phone (but NOT new) every time. All defective. Is there a lemon law for phones? 

So wrote my representative hoping to change this insanity.

I now have a solid BRIGHT green bar going across the bottom sometimes it flashes real fast. I mean flashlight bright. 

Need help. 

Thank you.

Hi.

My sincere apologies for this. Let me have Agent Becky contact you and we can explore your options.

So sorry.

- Matt

Options

2 Posts

03-10-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1088 of 1202

2021-03-10, 22:23 PM

Surprise, surprise, my brand new edge plus has the same screen issue, it is only three weeks old.  Phone says software is up to date, but it is only Android 10.  What causes the problem and what confidence is there that it can be fixed?  What are the options that are being offered? Option #1 send phone in and for potential repair, if they can't repair get a certified, like new edge plus instead.  Does that come with a 12m warranty?  Option #2 get a certified, like new phone shipped out and just send mine back. I think those are the options?  Are they in writing somewhere I spoke to an agent, but I would like to see it written down somewhere so that I know exactly what I am choosing.

Have others had luck having their phone repaired?

Tammy

Options

19897 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2513 Signins

63358 Page Views

• Message 1089 of 1202

2021-03-11, 14:12 PM

@ newtam wrote:

Surprise, surprise, my brand new edge plus has the same screen issue, it is only three weeks old.  Phone says software is up to date, but it is only Android 10.  What causes the problem and what confidence is there that it can be fixed?  What are the options that are being offered? Option #1 send phone in and for potential repair, if they can' repair get a certified, like new edge plus instead.  Does that come with a 12m warranty?  Option #2 get a certified, like new phone shipped out and just send mine back. I think those are the options?  Are they in writing somewhere I spoke to an agent, but I would like to see it written down somewhere so that I know exactly what I am choosing.

Have others had luck having their phone repaired?

Tammy

Hi Tammy.

So sorry you have encountered this. We will certainly take care of it, and you can have confidence that it will be fixed as the incidence of this problem has dropped dramatically.  We will stand by the phone if you should run into it again.

Let me have an agent reach out to you and arrange for this to be taken care of. You can get any questions answered that you like.

Again, my apologies.

- Matt

Options

4 Posts

03-13-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1090 of 1202

Edge+ Screen issue, and can't get any assistance on a solution from Verizon, Motorola or Asurion

2021-03-13, 11:20 AM

Hi I bought My Edge Plus in July 2020 and it is now march 2021 and my display is now pretty much half green all the time and flashing and just pretty much screwed up .. and I've contacted y'all and also went to Verizon and keep getting put off on some one else I've pretty much almost paid my phone off and now it's messing up due to no fault. Of my own and I can't get any help from Verizon or Motorola or motorola's authorized technicians and I've been driving 30 min away to waste my time and go get sent somewhere else .. can u please tell me what u suggest I do .. because I'm not paying a 200 deductible on a barely used phone that is almost paid off and I didn't break it I love my phone and I haven't had any issues untill recently but I also recently have been laid off of work and I've been on my phone 10 times more over the last 2 months than I have sense I bought it and the posts I've seen all say it happens after prolonged use .. I'm so fed up with the run around and I don't want another broken phone or someone else used phone I want this addressed immediately it seems like the more honest and understanding you try to be about yourself being screwed over the more they try to take advantage and screw you over and I'm tired of being put off .. I'm searching for a new job after this pandemic has changed everything and I need my phone working correctly today .. I paid y'all all the money I have for a working new good phone 

20210313_055426.jpg 20210313_055021.jpg 20210313_055102.jpg
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms