Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

03-23-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 15
  • Message 1111 of 1226

Re:Screen issue

2021-03-23, 23:37 PM

hey, it doesn't look like it. I bought this phone on 11 March and screen issues started appearing 21 March. Very dissapointing as it seems its a known issue thats been around for a while. I'm going to return for a refund and get something else.

Options

34 Posts

01-01-2021

Canada

39 Signins

340 Page Views

• Views: 340
  • Message 1112 of 1226

2021-03-24, 13:48 PM
Using a device that was manufactured in January 2021 for past 3 months. Display is great and the phone holds up well. I would recommend purchasing it. However, do note that I find the phone uncomfortable to hold without a case. It's edges are sharp and have horrible ergonomics.
Options

19 Posts

03-04-2021

United States of America

23 Signins

205 Page Views

• Views: 205
  • Message 1113 of 1226

2021-03-24, 14:06 PM

What was the date of manufacture? Mine was manufactured 12-24-2021. I've had the Edge + now for a few weeks now. So far, it's the best phone I've ever owned. I purchased the phone via a phone call to verizon to upgrade my old Moto Play Z. I found out about the display issues after I received the phone. I hope the display will not fail but if it does then I'll get another phone.

Options

19960 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2532 Signins

63858 Page Views

• Views: 63858
  • Message 1114 of 1226

2021-03-24, 14:45 PM

@ ng991 wrote:

Hi there,

Has this issue been resolved in newer devices? What is the likelihood that I would have this issue in a device purchased in March 2021?

I' interested in purchasing this device, I really like the aesthetic and the specifications, but the amount of users commenting about their screen issues has me a bit worried. Has Motorola issued any statements on whether newer devices no longer have this screen issue?

Hi.

This is a looong thread, so no surprise that you haven't seen the info you're interested in.

Short answer is yes. We've made major strides and have adjusted both the assembly process and components, to the point where new or repaired devices should have vanishingly low incidences of this problem. And as you can see from any page on this thread, we are standing by the phone and moving quickly to resolve this issue when it does come up. 

(I want to note that even at launch, the vast majority of phones did not have this issue and a good portion were quickly resolved by updated software.)

I hope this helps you buy with confidence. I love this phone. Thanks for your interest!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

4 Posts

03-26-2021

United States of America

10 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1115 of 1226

2021-03-26, 14:23 PM

Hello,

I've had the Edge Plus for a few months now and I am having the issue.

I've been managing by using Dark theme whenever possible, and shielding the phone from sunlight to keep the display from getting too messed up, but with long use, especially calls, the screen becomes unusable.

Other than the display, the phone is great, but a $1000 phone shouldn't need all this messing about.

What should I do?

Options

4 Posts

03-26-2021

United States of America

10 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 1116 of 1226

2021-03-29, 14:04 PM

Hoping to hear something. My phone (second one due to unrelated incident) was built 6/20.

Is there any remedy? My faith in Motorola phones has been shaken

Options

19960 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2532 Signins

63858 Page Views

• Views: 63858
  • Message 1117 of 1226

2021-03-29, 14:45 PM

@ AADEWAR wrote:

Hoping to hear something. My phone (second one due to unrelated incident) was built 6/20.

Is there any remedy? My faith in Motorola phones has been shaken

Hi.

So sorry I missed your post on Friday. We'll certainly take care of this -- I'll have an agent contact you to resolve the problem.

My apologies for this issue.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

4 Posts

03-26-2021

United States of America

10 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 1118 of 1226

2021-03-29, 14:47 PM

Thank you!

Options

1 Posts

03-30-2021

Canada

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1119 of 1226

2021-03-30, 10:50 AM

Got my phone back in November and started off loving it. However, a couple of months ago the issue this thread is about started happening. Green and purple lines, occasionally the screen would go a greenish-white and would be unresponsive. Twice it went completely black and was unresponsive. A restart whilst plugged in allowed me to at least use my phone again. I contact Motorola Canada to have the issue remedied and they tell me that I can send in my phone and they'll send another model that doesn't have that issue. I send in the phone and they notice that it had a small crack on the corner of the screen and a little on the back of the phone. This voids the warranty and therefore will cost me $540 CAN to have the screen issue fixed. This, I found unacceptable as it was a manufacturers error that has the phone being sent in, the crack has nothing to do with the issue. Not only that but if they were to send me a new phone (or refurbished) I don't see how a piece of damage would be pertinent. Anyway, I contact support again to see what can be done. Apparently, nothing can be done. I ask to speak to a supervisor because, hey, can't hurt to ask, right? Supervisor took nearly a week to call me back when she was supposed to have called me back the following day. However, I never received a call. Instead, I got an email saying: "We called. You never answered. Here are pictures of the damage (that I admitted was there the entire time). Your only option is to pay $540 dollars or have it sent back unrepaired.

Is Motorola really not willing to fix THEIR mistake? Whether the crack existed on the phone or not, the issue existed and the phone would have been sent in regardless. I probably sound like a whiner here. But in all honesty, I've never had any issues with customer service before, and I understand when things can't be done for one reason or another. I've worked in retail quite a bit, I get it! The customer is not always right (most of the time they are wrong, lol) but the manufacturer not willing to fix their mistake, and then telling me they called me when they didn't, has gotten me annoyed and frustrated with the company (not anyone who helped me. They were just doing their jobs, and I can appreciate that 100%).

Anyway, anyone else have a similar experience?

Options

48 Posts

03-01-2014

Greece

146 Signins

1028 Page Views

• Views: 1028
  • Message 1120 of 1226

2021-03-30, 20:45 PM

Lenovo royally screweing up. They sent me an email in which they don't even know what to ask. Read my answer and I am pretty sure you will understand what happened:

"Ok let me start by saying you guys screwed up royally. I will explain the situation as simple as I can. I bought a device in december. It arrived faulty and I asked for a replacement. The replacement took a month to arrive. Meanwhile I couldn't send the original device back because UK exited the EU so I needed an invoice to send it back, otherwise TNT would not collect, from you, which you said you would provide but you didn't until the end of January. As soon as I received the invoice I sent the device back to you. Meanwhile the second device I received was also faulty and you gave me the option for refund because you would not do a second replacement, or send it to motorola for service. I opted to have the device serviced, but had already returned to Greece. Motorola UK arranged for me to send the device to the Greek authorised service to have it repaired, but they did NOT have a replacement screen for the model. Then Motorola UK asked me to send this (replacement I received from you) device and THEY would replace it as it could not be serviced. They arranged a DHL to collect my devicd and be returned to them and they send me another (the third one) device which this time was fully functional. Meanwhile you at Lenovo issued a refund. I immediately contacted someone and was told I would recieve news about returning the refund. This never happened and in the meantime I returned to the UK. Then I contacted you again about this and finally got the account details for me to return the money, which I will but as I told the guy who sent me the email, not before April 14th (15 days from now) as I am running on a budget limit from my Greek bank while I am abroad. Then today I received a package, not knowing what it is and by the time I opened it the courier was gone so no way not to accept it. It was the device I returned to you. So to sum up, I ended up with two devices and I haven't paid for any of them. i want to pay for the device I currently own (not the one you sent me back) and return the faulty one (the one you sent me back) and be done with it. I should advise you that I have NO printer to print shipping labels, NO access to one (last time it cost me almost 30 pounds on taxis and printing services for the labels) and NOT willing to go through that all over again since this time, me having a device that needs to be returned is YOUR fault (I never ordered it or asked to have it back), so you need to find a way for me to send it back without me moving from my couch (which I can't anyway as I am looking after an elderly and cannot leave him alone). If you do not find a way to do that, I do not care how you get your device back and actually I am returning to Greece on the 16th of April and if you have not collected by then I could not care less what happens to it, as I WILL leave it here on the address and good luck with that. I have never seen such an irresponsible service in my life, you are ruining Motorola's good reputation."

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms