Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

03-17-2021

Sweden

18 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 1121 of 1229

Re:Screen issue

2021-03-31, 12:39 PM

Just want to give an update on my case with the green tinted screen. I sent it to Motorola service center and today after a few days there they said to me that there is a shortage of displays for this model and I have two options - either wait for a new part or get a refund. At this point I chose the later because I don't know how long I'll have to wait for a new screen.

I want to thank the moderators of this forum for quick and friendly help. It is unfortunate how it ended but at least it went without hassle.

Options

20058 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2560 Signins

64633 Page Views

• Views: 64633
  • Message 1122 of 1229

2021-03-31, 14:10 PM

@ Saul064 wrote:

Got my phone back in November and started off loving it. However, a couple of months ago the issue this thread is about started happening. Green and purple lines, occasionally the screen would go a greenish-white and would be unresponsive. Twice it went completely black and was unresponsive. A restart whilst plugged in allowed me to at least use my phone again. I contact Motorola Canada to have the issue remedied and they tell me that I can send in my phone and they' send another model that doesn' have that issue. I send in the phone and they notice that it had a small crack on the corner of the screen and a little on the back of the phone. This voids the warranty and therefore will cost me $540 CAN to have the screen issue fixed. This, I found unacceptable as it was a manufacturers error that has the phone being sent in, the crack has nothing to do with the issue. Not only that but if they were to send me a new phone (or refurbished) I don' see how a piece of damage would be pertinent. Anyway, I contact support again to see what can be done. Apparently, nothing can be done. I ask to speak to a supervisor because, hey, can' hurt to ask, right? Supervisor took nearly a week to call me back when she was supposed to have called me back the following day. However, I never received a call. Instead, I got an email saying: "We called. You never answered. Here are pictures of the damage (that I admitted was there the entire time). Your only option is to pay $540 dollars or have it sent back unrepaired.

Is Motorola really not willing to fix THEIR mistake? Whether the crack existed on the phone or not, the issue existed and the phone would have been sent in regardless. I probably sound like a whiner here. But in all honesty, I' never had any issues with customer service before, and I understand when things can' be done for one reason or another. I' worked in retail quite a bit, I get it! The customer is not always right (most of the time they are wrong, lol) but the manufacturer not willing to fix their mistake, and then telling me they called me when they didn', has gotten me annoyed and frustrated with the company (not anyone who helped me. They were just doing their jobs, and I can appreciate that 100%).

Anyway, anyone else have a similar experience?

Hi.

I understand your frustration. The issue is a little more complicated, but it's basically this. Physical damage isn't covered by the warranty. A display issue like the one we're discussing is covered. But if we have to disassemble a phone to repair it, the non-warrantied damage blocks the repair. If the case, display glass, etc., is cracked, it's going to come apart when we open it, and we'd be forced to fix or replace it along with any other issues.

This is why I have my Five Tips posted as a sticky on this community and others. We highly recommend accident protection, especially for these phones with unusual, high-end displays, such as edge or razr. 

I'm looking into this but don't expect to have a response soon. Sorry I can't be of immediate assistance.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

4 Posts

03-13-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1123 of 1229

2021-03-31, 20:44 PM

I've just had the worst experience with asurion Verizon and worst of all Motorola.. I've had my time waisted for days now and been talked to like I'm an idiot and like I'm asking for so much when I tell them my screen on my phone which is undamaged and is flashing bright green and getting dark spots around the edges and is getting hot and I can only see my screen when my brightness is 100% I've told them I do not want a used phone.. I think it is fair to replace my defective device with a new device which will be the least likely to have the same issues after I read all the forums on Motorola's website and seen for almost a year now this has been going on and replacement device after  device having the same issue... and there still not taking care if the issue.. Honestly I feel like I was scammed out of my money and sold a lemon device and can't get any help on fixing it instead get the same line over and over again and am getting sent someone else's problem device after I've paid almost 1 thousand dollars for this paper weight.. I feel robbed especially after I've bee. A loyal moto customer for years I can't believe this... The best advice I could give anyone potentially looking for a good device.. And a good company who owns up to there mistakes and makes right there wrong this is not the company they used to be and there flagship is a scam to get your money and sell you trash because that's pretty much what is happening I wouldn't recommend this phone or this company anymore which is a shame because I loved My edge plus untill this problem and now there pretty much telling me that there not going to make it right except  and am 100% dissatisfied with the customer service I received and how there handling the situation.. So far its pretty much your own you on and your out however much money you threw away on there so called flagship phone which is more on the lines of a wish phone.. It's made to look good and get you hooked so by the time u see they sold you a piece of glass and plastic that doesn't work correctly your already out the money and they could care less.... I just can't believe it is legal for people to be scammed like this.. They had to know the phones were having this issue and they sold us the phones knowing they were defective and are not going to correct the issue with there rude customer service reps 

Options

54 Posts

07-25-2020

United States of America

32 Signins

445 Page Views

• Views: 445
  • Message 1124 of 1229

2021-03-31, 21:24 PM

I just want to repeat that I had three devices that were defective. Everything the user above me said is true it's garbage the way this company has carried themselves through this. They had to know these devices we're defective prior to even releasing them a year ago. It's sad that they've let this go on this long. The reps will do a really good job at leading you to believe that YOU must have found the needle in the haystack. But I got three of them so in terms of probability that means only one thing, that there was more devices that were defective than not. Motorola Matt will tell you otherwise but I don't believe him.[removed] 90% of the people that ended up with this problem never found their way to this website. You have to take that into consideration first cuz that is a fact. A lot of people in this world unfortunately just take it as a loss and throw it in the drawer and go buy another one. It's only a small portion of the population that will stand up for themselves and actually find a way to make their voice heard. It's statistics and probabilities man if you go through the 105 pages here you'll find a fact that is very true that most of the people had multiple devices with the exact same issue. You can't tell me that if you have a pile of a million devices and most of them are not defective or that most of them are okay and in good working condition and I went to that pile three times and I pulled out a defective device every time. Man I'm just saying I should be playing the lottery or something. 

Matt, you do a really good job at your job. You do a really REALLY good job for Motorola. Key word: Motorola

Edit added.  SINCE 2008 I  have used ONLY Motorola smart phones. I have LOVED them all these years and determined they were superior to all others , especially for the price range. While most had already prices into the $1,000+ , motos were still $499 for the best they had(Z3,Z4,etc.) . I RESPECTED THAT. And though if they are bringing a $1,000+ device to market it would have to be the absolute best smart phone ever... I have lost respect for this company LENOVO/MOTOROLA through this last year with the purchase of this edge+ .  Largely the response to a major malfunction in the production pipeline which should have been caught and could have been caught with a Quality, quality control.(no pun intended, lol)

Can't wait to try out a samsomething or what ever other lemons or apples are out there. [removed]

• Edited for site rule violation - inappropriate content, personal attacks. (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704) Please follow all rules if you want to participate. - Matt (Forums Manager)
Options

20058 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2560 Signins

64633 Page Views

• Message 1125 of 1229

2021-04-01, 16:44 PM

@ HotMa0187 wrote:

I' just had the worst experience with asurion Verizon and worst of all Motorola.. I' had my time waisted for days now and been talked to like I' an idiot and like I' asking for so much when I tell them my screen on my phone which is undamaged and is flashing bright green and getting dark spots around the edges and is getting hot and I can only see my screen when my brightness is 100% I' told them I do not want a used phone.. I think it is fair to replace my defective device with a new device which will be the least likely to have the same issues after I read all the forums on Motorola' website and seen for almost a year now this has been going on and replacement device after  device having the same issue... and there still not taking care if the issue.. Honestly I feel like I was scammed out of my money and sold a lemon device and can' get any help on fixing it instead get the same line over and over again and am getting sent someone else' problem device after I' paid almost 1 thousand dollars for this paper weight.. I feel robbed especially after I' bee. A loyal moto customer for years I can' believe this... The best advice I could give anyone potentially looking for a good device.. And a good company who owns up to there mistakes and makes right there wrong this is not the company they used to be and there flagship is a scam to get your money and sell you trash because that' pretty much what is happening I wouldn' recommend this phone or this company anymore which is a shame because I loved My edge plus untill this problem and now there pretty much telling me that there not going to make it right except  and am 100% dissatisfied with the customer service I received and how there handling the situation.. So far its pretty much your own you on and your out however much money you threw away on there so called flagship phone which is more on the lines of a wish phone.. It' made to look good and get you hooked so by the time u see they sold you a piece of glass and plastic that doesn' work correctly your already out the money and they could care less.... I just can' believe it is legal for people to be scammed like this.. They had to know the phones were having this issue and they sold us the phones knowing they were defective and are not going to correct the issue with there rude customer service reps 

Hi.

First, very sorry you have encountered this issue. We are eager to resolve it, and we can.

Second - the devices we are using to replace defective edge+ phones are essentially rebuilt with new processes and parts. They are fully tested and warrantied. If this problem has demonstrated anything, it's that there's nothing magical about a new phone if there could be an underlying issue. I strongly recommend you allow us to replace your phone so you can put this frustration behind you. 

We can make this happen quickly and painlessly if you like -- you will certainly be better off than you are now. However, I'm not sure what happens with your Asurion warranty if we manage this. Do you know?

Let me know if we can help here.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

20058 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2560 Signins

64633 Page Views

• Message 1126 of 1229

2021-04-01, 16:54 PM

@ Ls3PPV wrote:

I just want to repeat that I had three devices that were defective. Everything the user above me said is true it' garbage the way this company has carried themselves through this. They had to know these devices we' defective prior to even releasing them a year ago. It' sad that they' let this go on this long. The reps will do a really good job at leading you to believe that YOU must have found the needle in the haystack. But I got three of them so in terms of probability that means only one thing, that there was more devices that were defective than not. Motorola Matt will tell you otherwise but I don' believe him.[removed] 90% of the people that ended up with this problem never found their way to this website. You have to take that into consideration first cuz that is a fact. A lot of people in this world unfortunately just take it as a loss and throw it in the drawer and go buy another one. It' only a small portion of the population that will stand up for themselves and actually find a way to make their voice heard. It' statistics and probabilities man if you go through the 105 pages here you' find a fact that is very true that most of the people had multiple devices with the exact same issue. You can' tell me that if you have a pile of a million devices and most of them are not defective or that most of them are okay and in good working condition and I went to that pile three times and I pulled out a defective device every time. Man I' just saying I should be playing the lottery or something. 

Matt, you do a really good job at your job. You do a really REALLY good job for Motorola. Key word: Motorola

Edit added.  SINCE 2008 I  have used ONLY Motorola smart phones. I have LOVED them all these years and determined they were superior to all others , especially for the price range. While most had already prices into the $1,000+ , motos were still $499 for the best they had(Z3,Z4,etc.) . I RESPECTED THAT. And though if they are bringing a $1,000+ device to market it would have to be the absolute best smart phone ever... I have lost respect for this company LENOVO/MOTOROLA through this last year with the purchase of this edge+ .  Largely the response to a major malfunction in the production pipeline which should have been caught and could have been caught with a Quality, quality control.(no pun intended, lol)

Can' wait to try out a samsomething or what ever other lemons or apples are out there. [removed]

• Edited for site rule violation - inappropriate content, personal attacks. (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704) Please follow all rules if you want to participate. - Matt (Forums Manager)

Hello.

First, I need to ask if you currently have a defective edge+. If so, we're standing by to replace and resolve it as quickly as possible. Let me know.

I am sorry you have had this disappointing experience. We've worked hard here to quickly resolve any issues. I can only tend my plot of this garden, but I know my other service colleagues are instructed to do exactly what I'm doing here. There's always someone who doesn't get the memo, but I feel overall the company has done its best under the circumstances. Based on a quick review of this thread, I might feel as you do, but the evidence tells me a different story.

There's no tech company that doesn't eventually have to manage quality leaks. I think Motorola has stepped up in this case; you have registered your disagreement with that view and your feedback will be shared internally.

Thanks for supporting Motorola. I hope we can win back your business.

-  Matt

Options

1 Posts

04-01-2021

Canada

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1127 of 1229

2021-04-01, 20:29 PM

Hi!

Starting to wish I'd seen this thread before buying the Edge+. I honestly bought this phone because my last Motorola (a Nexus 6 which lasted me nearly 6 years) had impressed me so much and now I'm not sure what to think.

I bought my initial Edge+ on March 13th, and by March 25th the phone had become unusable because of green tint, "bruising" around the screen edge and finally the entire screen flickering white. I was able to get a replacement from the carrier, but now the replacement is beginning to do the exact same thing just barely 7 days later. I was only able to get the first replacement by running around the city (the location I got the first one from had sold me their last one so I had to find another store which itself only had its last one in stock to replace my defective one).

My question is can Motorola genuinely repair one of these phones with a defective display? Who can I contact? I'm worried even if I could find another store with the phone in stock for a replacement I'll just be stuck in a loop of replacing one defective phone for another.

EDIT: Never mind that last bit, I've learned Freedom Mobile will only do a limited number of exchanges for their phones. Really hoping Motorola can help with this

Options

20058 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2560 Signins

64633 Page Views

• Message 1128 of 1229

2021-04-02, 13:28 PM

@ aubrey77 wrote:

Hi!

Starting to wish I' seen this thread before buying the Edge+. I honestly bought this phone because my last Motorola (a Nexus 6 which lasted me nearly 6 years) had impressed me so much and now I' not sure what to think.

I bought my initial Edge+ on March 13th, and by March 25th the phone had become unusable because of green tint, "bruising" around the screen edge and finally the entire screen flickering white. I was able to get a replacement from the carrier, but now the replacement is beginning to do the exact same thing just barely 7 days later. I was only able to get the first replacement by running around the city (the location I got the first one from had sold me their last one so I had to find another store which itself only had its last one in stock to replace my defective one).

My question is can Motorola genuinely repair one of these phones with a defective display? Who can I contact? I' worried even if I could find another store with the phone in stock for a replacement I' just be stuck in a loop of replacing one defective phone for another.

EDIT: Never mind that last bit, I' learned Freedom Mobile will only do a limited number of exchanges for their phones. Really hoping Motorola can help with this

Hi.

Very sorry to hear about this -- we can certainly help. We stand by the phone and we will resolve this for you. Let me contact my colleagues in Canada so they can contact you.

Again, apologies for this.

- Matt

Options

20058 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2560 Signins

64633 Page Views

• Message 1129 of 1229

2021-04-02, 15:53 PM

@ Vonas wrote:

Lenovo royally screweing up. They sent me an email in which they don' even know what to ask. Read my answer and I am pretty sure you will understand what happened:

"Ok let me start by saying you guys screwed up royally. I will explain the situation as simple as I can. I bought a device in december. It arrived faulty and I asked for a replacement. The replacement took a month to arrive. Meanwhile I couldn' send the original device back because UK exited the EU so I needed an invoice to send it back, otherwise TNT would not collect, from you, which you said you would provide but you didn' until the end of January. As soon as I received the invoice I sent the device back to you. Meanwhile the second device I received was also faulty and you gave me the option for refund because you would not do a second replacement, or send it to motorola for service. I opted to have the device serviced, but had already returned to Greece. Motorola UK arranged for me to send the device to the Greek authorised service to have it repaired, but they did NOT have a replacement screen for the model. Then Motorola UK asked me to send this (replacement I received from you) device and THEY would replace it as it could not be serviced. They arranged a DHL to collect my devicd and be returned to them and they send me another (the third one) device which this time was fully functional. Meanwhile you at Lenovo issued a refund. I immediately contacted someone and was told I would recieve news about returning the refund. This never happened and in the meantime I returned to the UK. Then I contacted you again about this and finally got the account details for me to return the money, which I will but as I told the guy who sent me the email, not before April 14th (15 days from now) as I am running on a budget limit from my Greek bank while I am abroad. Then today I received a package, not knowing what it is and by the time I opened it the courier was gone so no way not to accept it. It was the device I returned to you. So to sum up, I ended up with two devices and I haven' paid for any of them. i want to pay for the device I currently own (not the one you sent me back) and return the faulty one (the one you sent me back) and be done with it. I should advise you that I have NO printer to print shipping labels, NO access to one (last time it cost me almost 30 pounds on taxis and printing services for the labels) and NOT willing to go through that all over again since this time, me having a device that needs to be returned is YOUR fault (I never ordered it or asked to have it back), so you need to find a way for me to send it back without me moving from my couch (which I can' anyway as I am looking after an elderly and cannot leave him alone). If you do not find a way to do that, I do not care how you get your device back and actually I am returning to Greece on the 16th of April and if you have not collected by then I could not care less what happens to it, as I WILL leave it here on the address and good luck with that. I have never seen such an irresponsible service in my life, you are ruining Motorola' good reputation."

Hi.

Somehow as I reviewed this thread on Wednesday, I missed this. I'm sorry.

I know the team has worked very hard on this case -- I've been involved on more than a dozen emails outlining the plans and efforts that went into trying to resolve it. I'm so sorry things didn't work out.

I've re-escalated to the EMEA team to help you.

Again, my apologies.

- Matt

Options

4 Posts

03-13-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1130 of 1229

2021-04-02, 16:01 PM
Asurion will insure pretty much any newish device you add to your Verizon account and the replacement device would just take the place of the old one but as far as them fixing the not damaged device issue they sent me back to Verizon after Motorola first sent me to a cell phone repair place that was out of business and then after the 4th try sent me to another place by the same name in the Ohio that I took it to waited about 3 hours for him to tell me to come back the next day between 2 and 5 when the manager was there because he was not able to find a replacement screen ...so I drove back to my home which by the way is not in Ohio.. then drove back to Ohio the next day after I called to confirm that I should still come out there and after I get there the man ask me 3 questions and looked at my phone for 5 min and told me that there would be no point in him replacing my screen when it wasn't broken and he had not been able to locate the replacement parts anyway..at that point I was so mad I could have flipped out but I just took my phone and left frustrated.. and on my way home I contacted asurion after I told them the issue the told me to contact Verizon because there was no damage the phone was only 7 months old and it was still under manufacture warranty, at that point which I had already been to Verizon 2 times and they hand me a piece of paper with tech support info and insurance info and ushered me out the door... so at this point I go home and spend most of the night searching for info or help and I just had been on Lenovo site a week ago because I bought my daughter a laptop for her birthday and I found this forum and I posted like a week and a half ago with pictures and got no help so then I call Verizon who after we have it out and I talk to 5 different people we come to a solution and they finally agree to send me a new device after they make me factory reset my device just to verify it wouldn't solve the problem which I knew it wouldn't but the dude insisted as if I hadn't been inconvenienced enough at this point.. so I did it it didn't work so they overnight the phone to me thru fed-ex. So I'm relieved and feeling a little better even tho I know even with a new device the chances of being put through this situation was again were pretty high at least it would get me through finding another job and getting off unemployment so I don't need my phone as badly as I have for the last 3 months anyway the next day I sit home all day to sign for the phone when it arrives between 11am and 8 pm on 3/30.. well never showed... so next day same thing then 10 min before 8 I hear my porch door close and the package was on the floor after everything finally it was over and I open the package expecting to see a new out the box device like I was told and whats there a phone taped to a folded piece of cardboard that says certified like new refurbished device... I started crying because I need my phone im a mother of 2 who sense this pandemic has lost my job almost lost my house before unemployment finally kicked in I've had to become a full time teacher/unemployed parent struggling and can't get my 1000 dollar phone fixed without literally jumping thru hoops, over state lines and between multiple wealthy companies who all want to take my money and expect me to uphold my side of the agreement and everyone of them turn around over charge you waste your time and don't give a crap how there mistakes can seriously effect someone's lively hood and future , which is why we pay so much for our phones for reliability!!!! .. sorry everyone who stopped to read this i have to tell as much of my story as I can to get it off my chest because this is driving me crazy I can not stand feeling helpless because I can't defend myself when I'm being bullied and that's what Verizon. And Motorola are doing right now and there's nothing I can do except this.. anyway I called Verizon passed because after everything I was directly lied to by Verizon sent a used phone and on the phone with them again repeat the whole story 3 times and get sent to a supervisor which at this point I'm not repeating myself again u better read notes and she tells me they WILL NOT under any circumstances replace my damaged device with a new device or refund my money or put it towards a new device and she insisted we 3 way call Motorola.., so she calls and the first person picks up the Verizon Mgr gives the lady a short run thru of the situation she transfers us to the next person the Verizon Mgr tells this guy the situation at which point I answer some personal questions and then we get transfered to the warranties department, while we're on hold the Verizon Mgr apologizes and says she hopes the next person can assist us and will know what's going on.. then they come on the phone she tells the whole story in detail after I answe questions and the guy rudely says no matter how many times you call and the phone is defective you will only be sent a certified like new replacement device period never will they be willing to replace the device with another model or refund!!!! So if the never get the issue corrected which after a year in my opinion is half of the life of the phone because most people get a new device every 3 years.. it will never be... I assume they will just keep on sending us the. Same problem wrapped in plastic and cardboard with a lie right on top until your warranty runs out and then you up the wrong creek without a paddle or phone!!!! Which makes me wonder when I receive the certified like not new device does the warranty start from when I receive it? Or is it still the same warranty of my original purchase its alot I know and alot I left out to make it as short as I could Thanks for reading!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms