Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

48 Posts

03-01-2014

Greece

146 Signins

1028 Page Views

• Views: 1028
  • Message 1131 of 1229

Re:Screen issue

2021-04-02, 16:55 PM

@MattForumsMngr you seem to have missed the point here and I should have included the follow up emails as well so my bad too. I ended up buying a device in December, went through 2 replacements, device number 3 was the charm. Then Lenovo started screwing up. They issued me a refund and started sending emails to collect device number 3. I contacted them letting them know I never asked for a refund and would like to return the money. They said ok and then returned device number 1 back to me as well, so now I have 2 devices and paid for none. Want to do the right thing but they keep making it hard for me. My main issue though is NOT that. My main issue is that since day 1 when I bought the original device I wanted to add Motocare for accidents and such and was time and again told to wait until I get my replacement by Lenovo clowns. When I got my first replacement which was still bad I was advised the same thing again. When I got a working phone, I was in Greece and could not activate Motocare since Motorola Greece is practically non existent and Lenovo won't offer it. I got back to England with the phone being 34 days old (third device received on February 18th, I was back on the 24th of March), tried to activate it and I was told the device is more than 30days since bought, so no can do. The device is spotless, not even a scratch on it and I can prove it by sending any kind of video showing it up and running from every angle, IMEI and date showing (whatever date they ask me to do it on) and still getting denied that. I wanna know why, through no fault of my own, I cannot use a paid service that will give me peace of mind.

Options

1 Posts

04-02-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1132 of 1229

Edge plus screen problems

2021-04-02, 17:58 PM

My edge plus screen has turned yellow and green. I know its a software issue and alot if not all pnones r experiencing it. How do I get this fixed?

Please advise

Options

48 Posts

03-01-2014

Greece

146 Signins

1028 Page Views

• Views: 1028
  • Message 1133 of 1229

Re:Edge plus screen problems

2021-04-03, 7:03 AM

Whatsmore, switching to 60hz reduces the problem (does not make it go completely but it's less obvious) so android 11 taking away 60hz for "better experience" will make this worse for those who only had a very slight green hue and could live with it under 60hz, because then it was almost gone. Thank you Motorola...

Options

13 Posts

04-03-2015

Brazil

15 Signins

104 Page Views

• Views: 104
  • Message 1134 of 1229

Pink spots on Edge+'s screen

2021-04-05, 0:33 AM

Hi, I'm from Brazil. 2 months ago I bought Edge +, and yesterday I noticed pink spots on the device screen, as shown in the attached images. Is there a software repair for this problem? 

It is unfortunate that such a r$ 4600 smartphone has screen's problem.

Lot 06/2020 - Android 11 - RPB31.Q1-19-19-14

IMG-20210404-WA0010.jpg IMG-20210404-WA0009.jpg IMG-20210404-WA0008.jpg
Options

4 Posts

03-26-2021

United States of America

10 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1135 of 1229

2021-04-05, 13:06 PM

Hello again,

I want to thank the Motorola service staff for the speedy replacement of my phone.

The new phone is working well, and I can tell that there were some changes made by model number and a few other things.

I'm very happy!

Aaron

Options

20052 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2559 Signins

64603 Page Views

• Views: 64603
  • Message 1136 of 1229

2021-04-05, 15:25 PM

@ HotMa0187 wrote:

Asurion will insure pretty much any newish device you add to your Verizon account and the replacement device would just take the place of the old one but as far as them fixing the not damaged device issue they sent me back to Verizon after Motorola first sent me to a cell phone repair place that was out of business and then after the 4th try sent me to another place by the same name in the Ohio that I took it to waited about 3 hours for him to tell me to come back the next day between 2 and 5 when the manager was there because he was not able to find a replacement screen ...so I drove back to my home which by the way is not in Ohio.. then drove back to Ohio the next day after I called to confirm that I should still come out there and after I get there the man ask me 3 questions and looked at my phone for 5 min and told me that there would be no point in him replacing my screen when it wasn' broken and he had not been able to locate the replacement parts anyway..at that point I was so mad I could have flipped out but I just took my phone and left frustrated.. and on my way home I contacted asurion after I told them the issue the told me to contact Verizon because there was no damage the phone was only 7 months old and it was still under manufacture warranty, at that point which I had already been to Verizon 2 times and they hand me a piece of paper with tech support info and insurance info and ushered me out the door... so at this point I go home and spend most of the night searching for info or help and I just had been on Lenovo site a week ago because I bought my daughter a laptop for her birthday and I found this forum and I posted like a week and a half ago with pictures and got no help so then I call Verizon who after we have it out and I talk to 5 different people we come to a solution and they finally agree to send me a new device after they make me factory reset my device just to verify it wouldn' solve the problem which I knew it wouldn' but the dude insisted as if I hadn' been inconvenienced enough at this point.. so I did it it didn' work so they overnight the phone to me thru fed-ex. So I' relieved and feeling a little better even tho I know even with a new device the chances of being put through this situation was again were pretty high at least it would get me through finding another job and getting off unemployment so I don' need my phone as badly as I have for the last 3 months anyway the next day I sit home all day to sign for the phone when it arrives between 11am and 8 pm on 3/30.. well never showed... so next day same thing then 10 min before 8 I hear my porch door close and the package was on the floor after everything finally it was over and I open the package expecting to see a new out the box device like I was told and whats there a phone taped to a folded piece of cardboard that says certified like new refurbished device... I started crying because I need my phone im a mother of 2 who sense this pandemic has lost my job almost lost my house before unemployment finally kicked in I' had to become a full time teacher/unemployed parent struggling and can' get my 1000 dollar phone fixed without literally jumping thru hoops, over state lines and between multiple wealthy companies who all want to take my money and expect me to uphold my side of the agreement and everyone of them turn around over charge you waste your time and don' give a crap how there mistakes can seriously effect someone' lively hood and future , which is why we pay so much for our phones for reliability!!!! .. sorry everyone who stopped to read this i have to tell as much of my story as I can to get it off my chest because this is driving me crazy I can not stand feeling helpless because I can' defend myself when I' being bullied and that' what Verizon. And Motorola are doing right now and there' nothing I can do except this.. anyway I called Verizon passed because after everything I was directly lied to by Verizon sent a used phone and on the phone with them again repeat the whole story 3 times and get sent to a supervisor which at this point I' not repeating myself again u better read notes and she tells me they WILL NOT under any circumstances replace my damaged device with a new device or refund my money or put it towards a new device and she insisted we 3 way call Motorola.., so she calls and the first person picks up the Verizon Mgr gives the lady a short run thru of the situation she transfers us to the next person the Verizon Mgr tells this guy the situation at which point I answer some personal questions and then we get transfered to the warranties department, while we' on hold the Verizon Mgr apologizes and says she hopes the next person can assist us and will know what' going on.. then they come on the phone she tells the whole story in detail after I answe questions and the guy rudely says no matter how many times you call and the phone is defective you will only be sent a certified like new replacement device period never will they be willing to replace the device with another model or refund!!!! So if the never get the issue corrected which after a year in my opinion is half of the life of the phone because most people get a new device every 3 years.. it will never be... I assume they will just keep on sending us the. Same problem wrapped in plastic and cardboard with a lie right on top until your warranty runs out and then you up the wrong creek without a paddle or phone!!!! Which makes me wonder when I receive the certified like not new device does the warranty start from when I receive it? Or is it still the same warranty of my original purchase its alot I know and alot I left out to make it as short as I could Thanks for reading!

Hi.

I have already responded to your issue. We're very willing to help, but we are sticking to the terms of your warranty which is a like-new replacement at our descretion. 

Let me know if I can resolve this for you.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

20052 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2559 Signins

64603 Page Views

• Message 1137 of 1229

2021-04-05, 15:26 PM

@ Vonas wrote:

@MattForumsMngr you seem to have missed the point here and I should have included the follow up emails as well so my bad too. I ended up buying a device in December, went through 2 replacements, device number 3 was the charm. Then Lenovo started screwing up. They issued me a refund and started sending emails to collect device number 3. I contacted them letting them know I never asked for a refund and would like to return the money. They said ok and then returned device number 1 back to me as well, so now I have 2 devices and paid for none. Want to do the right thing but they keep making it hard for me. My main issue though is NOT that. My main issue is that since day 1 when I bought the original device I wanted to add Motocare for accidents and such and was time and again told to wait until I get my replacement by Lenovo clowns. When I got my first replacement which was still bad I was advised the same thing again. When I got a working phone, I was in Greece and could not activate Motocare since Motorola Greece is practically non existent and Lenovo won' offer it. I got back to England with the phone being 34 days old (third device received on February 18th, I was back on the 24th of March), tried to activate it and I was told the device is more than 30days since bought, so no can do. The device is spotless, not even a scratch on it and I can prove it by sending any kind of video showing it up and running from every angle, IMEI and date showing (whatever date they ask me to do it on) and still getting denied that. I wanna know why, through no fault of my own, I cannot use a paid service that will give me peace of mind.

Hi.

Thanks for the additional details. I will pass them on to my colleagues in EMEA so that this can be resolved to your satisfaction. So sorry for this confusion.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

1 Posts

04-06-2021

Denmark

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1138 of 1229

2021-04-06, 11:20 AM

Hi,

I bought this device new a month ago and are experienceing worser and worser green color on dark gray backgrounds, worst with android dark theme when viewed in a dark room. The device is manufactured on date on box back in may last year. Direct after I bought it the bootloader was unlocked, will Motorola hold this against me if I would like to get my screen replaced to get an error free device?

regards!

Options

20052 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2559 Signins

64603 Page Views

• Message 1139 of 1229

2021-04-06, 13:36 PM

@ roka_12 wrote:

Hi,

I bought this device new a month ago and are experienceing worser and worser green color on dark gray backgrounds, worst with android dark theme when viewed in a dark room. The device is manufactured on date on box back in may last year. Direct after I bought it the bootloader was unlocked, will Motorola hold this against me if I would like to get my screen replaced to get an error free device?

regards!

Hi.

So sorry you're having this issue. I don't think your situation should prevent us from resolving this, but let me contact a colleague in your region to help you.

Again, my apologies for this problem.

- Matt

Options

1 Posts

03-19-2021

Czech Republic

6 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1140 of 1229

2021-04-06, 14:06 PM

Hi Matt,

I bought a Motorola Edge last month (manufactured in August of 2020). All was fine for roughly the first week, but there's now a noticeable and worsening green tint in the top right of the screen, more noticeable in low light conditions. It also seems that this area of the display is more susceptible to temporary image retention, for instance retaining the notification bar when the phone's in landscape mode. 

Although I didn't buy the phone directly from Motorola, I'd still prefer to have it serviced / replaced in a Motorola service centre. Could you please have someone contact me about sending it in to a local service centre?

Thanks,

Michael

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms