Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

186 Posts

04-03-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

385 Signins

3227 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 3227
  • Message 1141 of 1192

Re:Screen issue

2021-04-06, 16:27 PM

@ roka_12 wrote:

Hi,

I bought this device new a month ago and are experienceing worser and worser green color on dark gray backgrounds, worst with android dark theme when viewed in a dark room. The device is manufactured on date on box back in may last year. Direct after I bought it the bootloader was unlocked, will Motorola hold this against me if I would like to get my screen replaced to get an error free device?

regards!

Hi Roka, 

We are really sorry about your issue, but unfortunately, unlocking the bootloader voids the warranty. This is in line with our policies in Europe and our repair centres cannot service your phone. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Kind regards, 

Sara

Options

2 Posts

04-07-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1142 of 1192

2021-04-07, 2:55 AM

I bought my phone from Verizon last summer.Within a week the screen started with the green tint and purple blotches. Verizon replaced it. Same issue on the new phone. Replaced again. Issue again on the third phone from VZ.

I bought a Samsung and put the Edge+ in the box for several months. Now, I want to use the Edge+.

I registered it on the Motorola website and it still has Motorola warranty (until August).

Two questions:

1. Has the screen issue been resolved in the new units, or is it ongoing?

2. How do I open a ticket and get the warranty into action?

Options

5 Posts

03-13-2012

United States

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1143 of 1192

2021-04-07, 2:56 AM

Hi!

I am a new Edge+ owner.   Phone purchase date was Jan 2021.

I have multiple display issues.  The first issue started within a month of purchase; the second has been in the last month.

Issue 1 - I have a white line that extends above the navigation buttons.  It goes away when the phone is sleeping, but immediately reappears during use.  It's a consistent issue and appears always above the navigation buttons, regardless of orientation of the phone.

Issue 2-The green screen happens to me weekly... it starts with a green tinge and then goes completely green to the point that I have to hold the power button down for 1 minute to get the screen to go back to normal.

I just recently got the Android 11 update and my phone took the most recent Motorola update; none of these issues were addressed.

The only thing I have noted is that Issue 2 appears to happen more often during Turbo Charging.

I am a lawyer and have a lot of apps/security.  It is a non-trivial effort to reconfigure a new phone as a result, even with NFC and Android app replication.

What are my options?

Thanks!

Options

19868 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2507 Signins

63193 Page Views

• Views: 63193
  • Message 1144 of 1192

2021-04-07, 14:05 PM

@ Michael945 wrote:

Hi Matt,

I bought a Motorola Edge last month (manufactured in August of 2020). All was fine for roughly the first week, but there' now a noticeable and worsening green tint in the top right of the screen, more noticeable in low light conditions. It also seems that this area of the display is more susceptible to temporary image retention, for instance retaining the notification bar when the phone' in landscape mode. 

Although I didn' buy the phone directly from Motorola, I' still prefer to have it serviced / replaced in a Motorola service centre. Could you please have someone contact me about sending it in to a local service centre?

Thanks,

Michael

Hi.

Sorry you have run into this issue. Let me have a colleague from your region reach out and help you get this resolved.

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

19868 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2507 Signins

63193 Page Views

• Message 1145 of 1192

2021-04-07, 14:09 PM

@ Adam_B_ wrote:

I bought my phone from Verizon last summer.Within a week the screen started with the green tint and purple blotches. Verizon replaced it. Same issue on the new phone. Replaced again. Issue again on the third phone from VZ.

I bought a Samsung and put the Edge+ in the box for several months. Now, I want to use the Edge+.

I registered it on the Motorola website and it still has Motorola warranty (until August).

Two questions:

1. Has the screen issue been resolved in the new units, or is it ongoing?

2. How do I open a ticket and get the warranty into action?

Hi Adam_B.

Very sorry you have had this issue, and have not been able to enjoy your edge+. Let me respond to your questions.

1. The screen issue is essentially resolved on new or repaired units. While there are always going to be quality leaks, the incidence of this problem is now basically in line with any other possible problem. That is, low.
  2. I will have an agent reach out to you to make this as painless as possible.

Again, apologies for this, and thanks for giving us a chance to correct it.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

19868 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2507 Signins

63193 Page Views

• Message 1146 of 1192

2021-04-07, 14:22 PM

@ WebLawyer wrote:

Hi!

I am a new Edge+ owner.   Phone purchase date was Jan 2021.

I have multiple display issues.  The first issue started within a month of purchase; the second has been in the last month.

Issue 1 - I have a white line that extends above the navigation buttons.  It goes away when the phone is sleeping, but immediately reappears during use.  It' a consistent issue and appears always above the navigation buttons, regardless of orientation of the phone.

Issue 2-The green screen happens to me weekly... it starts with a green tinge and then goes completely green to the point that I have to hold the power button down for 1 minute to get the screen to go back to normal.

I just recently got the Android 11 update and my phone took the most recent Motorola update; none of these issues were addressed.

The only thing I have noted is that Issue 2 appears to happen more often during Turbo Charging.

I am a lawyer and have a lot of apps/security.  It is a non-trivial effort to reconfigure a new phone as a result, even with NFC and Android app replication.

What are my options?

Thanks!

Hi.

First, apologies for this Issue No. 2. Unfortunately, the solution in your case will be replacing the phone. Our current track record for replacement is excellent; new processes and parts have largely resolved the display problems. I will have an agent contact you to make the needed arrangements. Sorry about having to set up a new phone.

I think Issue No. 1 may be a design feature of Android. I see that white line, but only when I am swiping between home screens. It indicates which home screen page I am on, but quickly fades. (The fact that it's the same in both orientations would support this theory.) If your issue is different, then I think we should tackle it after replacing your device.

Again, sorry about the hassle. We'll do our best to get this cared for quickly.

- Matt

Options

186 Posts

04-03-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

385 Signins

3227 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 3227
  • Message 1147 of 1192

2021-04-07, 14:29 PM

@ Michael945 wrote:

Hi Matt,

I bought a Motorola Edge last month (manufactured in August of 2020). All was fine for roughly the first week, but there' now a noticeable and worsening green tint in the top right of the screen, more noticeable in low light conditions. It also seems that this area of the display is more susceptible to temporary image retention, for instance retaining the notification bar when the phone' in landscape mode. 

Although I didn' buy the phone directly from Motorola, I' still prefer to have it serviced / replaced in a Motorola service centre. Could you please have someone contact me about sending it in to a local service centre?

Thanks,

Michael

Hi, Michael. 

We would be more than happy to arrange a repair for you. In order to do that, could you please DM the following information?

-Full name.

-Email address.

-Postal address.

-Phone number.

-IMEI number of your device.

Kind regards, 

Sara

Options

5 Posts

03-13-2012

United States

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1148 of 1192

2021-04-07, 15:00 PM

Matt,

Thanks for the rapid response!

The white line is another issue from what you are talking about.  It cuts through every screen, either at the bottom or the right depending on the orientation of how I hold my phone.  It never goes away, other than in sleep.  But I suppose a new phone should address :D

So will a Motorola rep contact me then?  I bought the phone through my provider, Verizon.

Thanks again!

Options

2 Posts

04-07-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 1149 of 1192

2021-04-07, 16:45 PM
Thank you. What do I need to do?
Options

2 Posts

04-07-2021

Canada

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 1150 of 1192

2021-04-07, 18:30 PM

I have the same issue of purple spots on the screen. It started a few days ago, and has gotten significantly worse since. There are now multiple spots and even lines and text that appears all over. It's very distracting and cumbersome. My device was purchased 12/2020.

Is there a fix for this? I've tried all the suggestions made regarding updates and force reboots etc.

Please Help.

Screenshot_20210407-142921.png
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms