Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2592 Signins

65268 Page Views

• Views: 65268
  • Message 1151 of 1242

Re:Screen issue

2021-04-08, 14:19 PM

@ Yoshorolo wrote:

I have the same issue of purple spots on the screen. It started a few days ago, and has gotten significantly worse since. There are now multiple spots and even lines and text that appears all over. It' very distracting and cumbersome. My device was purchased 12/2020.

Is there a fix for this? I' tried all the suggestions made regarding updates and force reboots etc.

Please Help.

Hi.

So sorry you're having to deal with this. Yes, we can help. I will have a colleague from Canada reach out to you. While I know there have recently been some delays in repair in Canada, I understand they are working through them.

Again, apologies for this problem.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

2 Posts

04-07-2021

Canada

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1152 of 1242

2021-04-08, 16:30 PM
Thank you Matt.
Options

4 Posts

03-13-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1153 of 1242

Edge+ Screen issue, and can't get any assistance on a solution from Verizon, Motorola or Asurion

2021-04-09, 10:59 AM
So verizon sent me a replacement device which I specifically stated was not satisfactory to me .. for multiple reasons the main ones are all posted here on this forum.. there all doing the same thing after having it for 1 day start having the same issue so I sent the device back to verizon and contacted Motorola again and they have sent me another replacement device which in my opinion is like stealing my money and giving me someone else's broken device when I paid 999 for my brand new out the box device and The IMEI number on my phone and the one on the warranty are not the same .. which is what I previously said .. also .. you sent me a device which I received April 2-3 which is when the warranty should begin .. because that's when I got the device In my possession .. the device who's warranty started in August is no longer in my possession .. so that warranty does not apply the this device that you 100% stand behind is like new .. the warranty should reflect that.. now I'm done going back and forth with Motorola over this situation ive been dealing with this for long enough and there is stacks of evidence that what your doing is putting a bandage on it untill our warranty is up and then we're just out the money we've all paid .. I've seen a couple people on here state that they were given the option to receive a replacement or there money... I want my money back and I'll return the device and we will call it even and I'll never buy another Motorola after being a loyal moto customer for years.. and a few months ago I was your biggest supporter and now Im just totally disappointed in how this situation was not delt with appropriately .. your customers deserve better
Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2592 Signins

65268 Page Views

• Views: 65268
  • Message 1154 of 1242

2021-04-09, 14:28 PM

@ HotMa0187 wrote:

So verizon sent me a replacement device which I specifically stated was not satisfactory to me .. for multiple reasons the main ones are all posted here on this forum.. there all doing the same thing after having it for 1 day start having the same issue so I sent the device back to verizon and contacted Motorola again and they have sent me another replacement device which in my opinion is like stealing my money and giving me someone else' broken device when I paid 999 for my brand new out the box device and The IMEI number on my phone and the one on the warranty are not the same .. which is what I previously said .. also .. you sent me a device which I received April 2-3 which is when the warranty should begin .. because that' when I got the device In my possession .. the device who' warranty started in August is no longer in my possession .. so that warranty does not apply the this device that you 100% stand behind is like new .. the warranty should reflect that.. now I' done going back and forth with Motorola over this situation ive been dealing with this for long enough and there is stacks of evidence that what your doing is putting a bandage on it untill our warranty is up and then we' just out the money we' all paid .. I' seen a couple people on here state that they were given the option to receive a replacement or there money... I want my money back and I' return the device and we will call it even and I' never buy another Motorola after being a loyal moto customer for years.. and a few months ago I was your biggest supporter and now Im just totally disappointed in how this situation was not delt with appropriately .. your customers deserve better

Hi.

As I've indicated before, the rebuilt replacements from Motorola truly have a lower incidence of this issue. Our warranty is very specific about like-new device replacement under warranty. The warranty does not renew when your phone is replaced, but simply continues based on the purchase of your original device. This is standard practice.

As we've covered this before, please only post on this thread if you have a display failure on your edge+.

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

5 Posts

03-23-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

8 Signins

55 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 55
  • Message 1155 of 1242

2021-04-12, 16:58 PM

I have just started experiencing the purple dot issue on my Edge Plus after having bought it new about 6 weeks ago from the UK Lenovo website. I take it from the previous responses I will need a replacement? I'm based in the UK.

It's weird that the dots and lines don't show up when the phone is booting up as far as I can see. Makes it seem more like a software issue but I'm sure I'm wrong on that.

Options

388 Posts

08-30-2018

United States of America

899 Signins

18853 Page Views

• Views: 18853
  • Message 1156 of 1242

2021-04-12, 19:22 PM

@ Gumbles wrote:

I have just started experiencing the purple dot issue on my Edge Plus after having bought it new about 6 weeks ago from the UK Lenovo website. I take it from the previous responses I will need a replacement? I' based in the UK.

It' weird that the dots and lines don' show up when the phone is booting up as far as I can see. Makes it seem more like a software issue but I' sure I' wrong on that.

Hi.

So sorry you're having to deal with this. Yes, we can help I will have a colleague reach out to you. 

Again, apologies for this problem.

Becky

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

51 Posts

02-07-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

101 Signins

1031 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1031
  • Message 1157 of 1242

2021-04-13, 8:26 AM

@ Gumbles wrote:

I have just started experiencing the purple dot issue on my Edge Plus after having bought it new about 6 weeks ago from the UK Lenovo website. I take it from the previous responses I will need a replacement? I' based in the UK.

It' weird that the dots and lines don' show up when the phone is booting up as far as I can see. Makes it seem more like a software issue but I' sure I' wrong on that.

Hi there,

I sent you a private message.

Thanks

- Marta

Options

3 Posts

03-22-2021

Canada

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1158 of 1242

2021-04-13, 12:27 PM

I have been waiting over 2 weeks for my phone to get repaired now. I just keep getting told parts are on back order and I have to wait. That does not seem fair to me when this is a very widespread well know issue. If you dont have the parts send me a new phone or give me a refund. The phone is very expensive and I cant spend a month without a phone. At this point I would just like a refund if possible, the customer support outside of this forum has been terrible and I couldnt even get my phone sent for repairs until i was directed to the right place from the support in here.

Thank you.

Options

3 Posts

03-22-2021

Canada

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1159 of 1242

2021-04-13, 17:44 PM

They are sending me a replacement as well, if this issue crops up for me again and I am stuck with a phone with a different IMEI that I cant bring back for a refund I will be very pissed. I would like an update on what you are able to do in your situation.

Thank you.

Options

388 Posts

08-30-2018

United States of America

899 Signins

18853 Page Views

• Views: 18853
  • Message 1160 of 1242

2021-04-13, 20:43 PM

@ SlimJimothy wrote:

They are sending me a replacement as well, if this issue crops up for me again and I am stuck with a phone with a different IMEI that I cant bring back for a refund I will be very pissed. I would like an update on what you are able to do in your situation.

Thank you.

Hello,

I'm sorry that there have been some delays with Canada repairs.  I have some information about your repair.  I'll send you a private message.

Becky

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms