Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

235 Posts

04-03-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

477 Signins

3812 Page Views

  • Posts: 235
  • Registered: ‎04-03-2018
  • Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 3812
  • Message 1231 of 1251

Re:Screen issue

2021-08-11, 7:23 AM

@ August Gamrell wrote:

Hello,

I recently got a brand new Moto Edge from a local shop in Sweden.

The first few days of use were fine but after a week or so i started to have the same screen issues that other people seem to encounter. I really like the Moto Edge phone and i would really love to have this issue resolved. I attached some images of what issues i am experiencing.

 

Hi August, 

 

We are very sorry to hear that. Let's arrange a repair for you. Could you send me a DM with the following information?:

 

-Full name.

-Email address.

-Phone number.

-IMEI number of your phone.

-Full postal address. 

 

Kind regards, 

 

Sara

Reply
Options

1 Posts

08-12-2021

Italy

1 Signins

20 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎08-12-2021
  • Location: Italy
  • Views: 20
  • Message 1232 of 1251

Re:Screen issue

2021-08-12, 22:21 PM
Hello, I buy this phone in an italian store the day 20/07/2021. The first few days of use were fine but  today it started to have the same screen issues that I read in this forum.
It's possible to get a replacement directly without having to leave the mobile phone in assistance.  I tried to trust your historic brand but I was wrong.  Yesterday I called the Italian assistance number but after 30 minutes of waiting the line went out.  Tomorrow I leave for 2 weeks of vacation and I hope at least that this screen issues  does not get making the phone unusable.
I hope a company like Motorola will help me with a quick solution. 
 
 
Reply
Options

235 Posts

04-03-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

477 Signins

3812 Page Views

  • Posts: 235
  • Registered: ‎04-03-2018
  • Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 3812
  • Message 1233 of 1251

Re:Screen issue

2021-08-13, 7:33 AM

@ tiaguz wrote:

Hello, I buy this phone in an italian store the day 20/07/2021. The first few days of use were fine but  today it started to have the same screen issues that I read in this forum.
It's possible to get a replacement directly without having to leave the mobile phone in assistance.  I tried to trust your historic brand but I was wrong.  Yesterday I called the Italian assistance number but after 30 minutes of waiting the line went out.  Tomorrow I leave for 2 weeks of vacation and I hope at least that this screen issues  does not get making the phone unusable.
I hope a company like Motorola will help me with a quick solution. 
 
 

Hi tiaguz,  

 

Unfortunately, as per the procedures we have in Europe, replacements are only given in the case of failed repairs. It would be my pleasure to to make sure that someone from the Italian team reaches out to you to arrange a repair and answer any questions that you may have. In order to do that, could you please DM me the following details?:

 

-Full name.

-Email address.

-Phone number.

-IMEI number of your phone.

-Full postal address. 

 

Kind regards, 

 

Sara

Reply
Options

1 Posts

08-19-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎08-19-2021
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 10
  • Message 1234 of 1251

Re:Screen issue

2021-08-19, 22:28 PM

 I have had my moto edge plus since May of 2020. It worked perfectly fine until June 2021.... One month after the warranty was up. First the screen starts to get green around the edges, then it will get these gray/purple things that will slowly grow so you cant see anything on the sides when your using the phone. The purple fades away the longer you go without using the phone. The green tint however stays there. Is there any solutions to fix this?

Reply
Options

11 Posts

08-08-2021

Canada

18 Signins

95 Page Views

  • Posts: 11
  • Registered: ‎08-08-2021
  • Location: Canada
  • Views: 95
  • Message 1235 of 1251

Re:Screen issue

2021-08-20, 23:41 PM
Hi, Did your problem get resolved?
Reply
Options

3 Posts

08-10-2020

United States of America

8 Signins

20 Page Views

  • Posts: 3
  • Registered: ‎08-10-2020
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 20
  • Message 1236 of 1251

Re:Screen issue

2021-08-24, 0:43 AM

Well, after posting in this thread in August of 2020 of my desire to purchase the Edge+, but having my reservations because of this screen issue, I went ahead and purchased the phone on August 13, 2020. The phone has been wonderful with no issues up until yesterday August 22, 2021. I now have, after a year of use, the same purple screen issue as many others have posted here. It seems to be worse when the phone gets warm after longer use and then the screen clears (for now) once cooled down. After reading through all the posts after I last posted it seems there is still no solution to this issue. What are my options at this point?

Reply
Options

1 Posts

09-04-2021

Belgium

2 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎09-04-2021
  • Location: Belgium
  • Views: 0
  • Message 1237 of 1251

Re:Screen issue

2021-09-04, 15:21 PM

Few months old Edge 5g.

Dark blob in the screen left underside.

Whole right side white out. A smear about  cm wide.

 

The underside of the screen also has touchscreen problems. Which makes typing very cumbersome.

 

 

Really bad because I just love the phone, while it was without problems :(

 

Considering my options now..

 

 

Reply
Options

235 Posts

04-03-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

477 Signins

3812 Page Views

  • Posts: 235
  • Registered: ‎04-03-2018
  • Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 3812
  • Message 1238 of 1251

Re:Screen issue

2021-09-06, 9:17 AM

@ Glenn Ve wrote:

Few months old Edge 5g.

Dark blob in the screen left underside.

Whole right side white out. A smear about  cm wide.

 

The underside of the screen also has touchscreen problems. Which makes typing very cumbersome.

 

 

Really bad because I just love the phone, while it was without problems :(

 

Considering my options now..

 

 

 

Hi Glenn, 

 

We are really sorry to hear that. We would like to arrange a repair for your device. In order to do that, could you send me the following information via DM?:

 

-Full name

-Email address

-Phone number

-IMEI number of device

-Full postal address

 

Kind regards, 

 

Sara

Reply
Options

3 Posts

04-23-2021

United States of America

15 Signins

55 Page Views

  • Posts: 3
  • Registered: ‎04-23-2021
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 55
  • Message 1239 of 1251

Re:Screen issue

2021-09-19, 2:12 AM

Hey guys,

 

So I came through here about 5 months ago, and Matt and Becky took good care of me.

 

I'm back because my screen has gone wonky again, although in a new way. The lower half is green stripes about a pixel thick with a faint image of what's supposed to be on the screen visible through the green.

 

If the screen shuts off for power reasons, the screen stays black but the device stays on. Rebooting brings it back to green stripes.

 

This started just today after I ran it through a UV sterilizer for the first time in it's life, so it's possible I'm liable for breaking it.

 

Is this the right forum for an issue like this?

 

Cheers,

 

J.

20210918_210957.jpg
Reply
Options

399 Posts

08-30-2018

United States of America

918 Signins

19173 Page Views

  • Posts: 399
  • Registered: ‎08-30-2018
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 19173
  • Message 1240 of 1251

Re:Screen issue

2021-09-20, 18:34 PM

@ Gorraticus wrote:

Hey guys,

 

So I came through here about 5 months ago, and Matt and Becky took good care of me.

 

I'm back because my screen has gone wonky again, although in a new way. The lower half is green stripes about a pixel thick with a faint image of what's supposed to be on the screen visible through the green.

 

If the screen shuts off for power reasons, the screen stays black but the device stays on. Rebooting brings it back to green stripes.

 

This started just today after I ran it through a UV sterilizer for the first time in it's life, so it's possible I'm liable for breaking it.

 

Is this the right forum for an issue like this?

 

Cheers,

 

J.

 

Hello,

 

Yes, you can report your issue here.  I'll send you a private message and we can work on your repair.


Thanks

Becky



Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms