Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

412 Posts

08-30-2018

United States of America

939 Signins

19548 Page Views

• Views: 19548
  • Message 1251 of 1260

Re:Screen issue

2021-10-20, 13:14 PM

@ Sara12012 wrote:

Hello,

I got my phone in July brand new/unlocked, and a few weeks ago I started to get these strange grey marks on the edges of the screen. At first I thought it was dead pixels, but then noticed it was only intermittent and would disappear once I charged my phone or turned off the screen for a while, plus it didn't show up in all apps. And unlike dead pixels, it's more like shadows overtop of the other colours, not completely black permanent dead zones.

Before long it started to get worse, with purple and green stripes and shading, and large grey (or even black, when I use Dark Mode) splotches on the screen, which move around when you use the screen and the colours shift and "bleed." I've never dropped the phone, have it in a standard case, and always update the software.

Googling brought me to this forum, and judging by the first few pages of replies, I believe I have the exact same issue as others. I'd really like to know what options I have, since the phone is fast becoming unusable. This was my first ever Moto, and I really like it and am very disappointed it's having such a major issue after such a short time of ownership.

if there's a fix (whether hardware, software, or both) that'll repair it, then I'd really appreciate help to get this done ASAP, whether via repair or replacement. But it seems from other people's posts right above this from only a few days ago, that this may still be happening even on brand new units? If so (i.e. there's not a consistently reliable fix), then I'd like to ask about a refund or exchange for a different model.

Thanks, hope to hear from someone soon,

Sara

PS - I attached photos as the issue doesn't show on screenshots. I also could send videos that better show the extent of the shading, and how it's especially bad when scrolling (the forum wouldn't let me attach them). Thx!

Edits - clarify, shorten, add photos

Hello,

I'm sorry to see this is occurring, this device will need to be repaired.  I would be happy to help you, I've sent you a private message, please take a look when you have a moment.

Best regards,

Becky

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

11-20-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1252 of 1260

2021-11-20, 3:11 AM

So my screen freezes when using it and the only way to unfreeze it is to hit the on/off button on the side of the phone. It has gotten progressively worst. it is happening more often.

It doesn't matter if I am text or e-mailing, etc. It is very frustrating. I have always had a moto phone, but am rethinking that and will not buy another moto phone.

Options

5990 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

695 Signins

59237 Page Views

• Views: 59237
  • Message 1253 of 1260

2021-11-22, 21:31 PM

@ Louis Sullivan wrote:

So my screen freezes when using it and the only way to unfreeze it is to hit the on/off button on the side of the phone. It has gotten progressively worst. it is happening more often.

It doesn't matter if I am text or e-mailing, etc. It is very frustrating. I have always had a moto phone, but am rethinking that and will not buy another moto phone.

Hi @ Louis Sullivan,

I understand how annoying it must be that you have to press the power button to unfreeze it. Let me go ahead and assist you with this phone.

Were there any apps running in the background when it happened?

Would you please update your profile with your current phone, carrier, and serial number? It will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well. Let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

3 Posts

11-20-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 1254 of 1260

2021-11-24, 4:06 AM

I have updated my profile.

I don't believe there were apps running in background.

The screen freezes even when i am taking pictures or looking at photos, etc.

Yes you can look at my apps

Options

2 Posts

11-24-2021

Ireland

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1255 of 1260

2021-11-24, 17:01 PM

Hi,

Have an Edge+ a few weeks and have Ghosting and the green screen issue.

Can admin pm me how to solve it?

I need the phone for work so cant send it away without a replacement.

Based in Ireland

Thanks

Options

1 Posts

11-25-2021

Canada

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1256 of 1260

Screen issues

2021-11-25, 5:17 AM

Where can I get help? I bought this phone last June 15. And now it's beginning to show discoloration and mapping on screen. I love this phone. Please help. Thanks.

Options

2 Posts

11-24-2021

Ireland

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1257 of 1260

Re:Screen issues

2021-11-25, 10:34 AM

Same here,

Based in Ireland

Options

1536 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

154 Signins

14746 Page Views

• Views: 14746
  • Message 1258 of 1260

Re:Screen issues

2021-11-25, 17:16 PM

@ 130176 wrote:

Where can I get help? I bought this phone last June 15. And now it's beginning to show discoloration and mapping on screen. I love this phone. Please help. Thanks.

Hi @ 130176 / @Brightkane ,

Thanks for reaching out about this. I'm sorry to hear about what's happening to your phone. I will try my best to help. Please share a few more details.

• When did it start?
  • Can you recall what you were doing on the phone prior to this?
  • Have you tried restarting the phone?
  • Did you also check if the software is up-to-date?
  • Can you also share the troubleshooting steps you've tried, if any?

I also merged your posts to the existing topic in the community. Please do not start new threads with existing thread/s on the same topic. It causes clutter on the site and makes it harder for us to follow an issue. 

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1536 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

154 Signins

14746 Page Views

• Views: 14746
  • Message 1259 of 1260

2021-11-25, 17:31 PM

@ Louis Sullivan wrote:

I have updated my profile.

I don't believe there were apps running in background.

The screen freezes even when i am taking pictures or looking at photos, etc.

Yes you can look at my apps

Hi @ Louis Sullivan ,

My apologies for the delayed response. Thanks for updating your profile as well. I checked and found no settings or apps that contributes to the issue you're experiencing. I would like to know more.

• When do you usually experience this? 
  • Is this happening when navigating between apps or only when taking pictures?
  • Are you using an SD card in your phone?
  • If yes, have you tried removing the SD card and start the phone without it?

Let us know.

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!

Options

3 Posts

11-20-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 1260 of 1260

2021-11-27, 4:48 AM
  • When do you usually experience this? It can be when I am texting, or taking photos or doing e-mails. Almost doing anything
  • Is this happening when navigating between apps or only when taking pictures? Please see above
  • Are you using an SD card in your phone? No, I don't believe this phone takes an SD Card
  • If yes, have you tried removing the SD card and start the phone without it?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms