08-03-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 381 of 657

Re:Screen issue

2020-08-03, 20:51 PM

That would be good.  I'm not in a rush, so I'll hold off a bit and watch the forums to see if there has been any progress

Options

2 Posts

07-28-2020

US

6 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 382 of 657

2020-08-03, 23:03 PM

Bought my Edge plus through Verizon on July 8th. After 2 weeks started noticing the shadow bubbles. starting researching and found this forum and everyone and their brother having the exact same issues. 

Mine, the entire screen will turn green if it's been one for too long. its not good when you're using GPS on side streets in down town Atlanta and the screen decides to turn green. 

went to verizon store, associate said they were aware of problem, it was on all edge plus's and he had been instructed to not swap out the phone because it will just happen again on the new one. and they told him to direct me to contact Motorola about the issue.

i did, went through all the troubleshooting, nothing worked. they want me to send in a less then month old 1000.00 phone to be repaired. yet when i asked her if they knew what was causing the issues she didn't know. and couldn't tell me how long it would take to be " repaired ". The other option was to wait for an update that she had not idea when it would be coming out.

They've known about this problem for more then 2 months now, they gotta have more information then i don't know. 

Iv'e always had motorola flagship phones and was very disappointed when they didn't offer one for a few years. forced me to go to a Samsung S9+.  Once i heard about the Edge coming out, I couldn't wait to get back to Motorola, But come on guys, help me out, don't send me back to the minors because you guys can't get your phone problems figured out.

gonna hold out as long as possible but it keeps getting worse day by day. so not sure how long that may be.

Options

31 Posts

07-26-2020

CA

23 Signins

245 Page Views

• Views: 245
  • Message 383 of 657

2020-08-04, 1:58 AM

Is anyone noticing a rectangle in the bottom of their screen (near where the fingerprint sensor is)? Or did I get a unit that is more visible than others.

Options

224 Posts

08-30-2018

US

633 Signins

12747 Page Views

• Views: 12747
  • Message 384 of 657

2020-08-04, 13:11 PM

@ micter wrote:

still no contact from any agent PM or otherwise

i just wish someone would let me know something

Hi, can you check your PM or your email associated with your forums account?

Thanks

Becky

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

19088 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2337 Signins

57462 Page Views

• Views: 57462
  • Message 385 of 657

2020-08-04, 13:41 PM

@ nateeric wrote:

About to sell my Pixel 4 XL for a change to the Edge+, so doing a bit of homework prior to swapping....how widespread is this screen issue?  Should I wait another month or so before getting it?

Hi.

Most phones do not have this issue. While waiting might improve your odds, it's not going to be a guarantee -- what happens in a specific Verizon store isn't always controllable. 

If you do find yours has this issue, you know where to come to get it taken care of. :)

Thanks for your interest!

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

19088 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2337 Signins

57462 Page Views

• Message 386 of 657

2020-08-04, 13:46 PM

@ Llorek wrote:

I would wait. They are sending new phone which they made some internal hardware changes. I just got mine today and I actually have hope this phone will have no problems. It's actually a really good phone if the problems are fix.

Hi.

Glad it arrived. Eager to hear your feedback after you've had some time to use it.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

19088 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2337 Signins

57462 Page Views

• Message 387 of 657

2020-08-04, 13:52 PM

@ Bulldog1860 wrote:

Bought my Edge plus through Verizon on July 8th. After 2 weeks started noticing the shadow bubbles. starting researching and found this forum and everyone and their brother having the exact same issues. 

Mine, the entire screen will turn green if it's been one for too long. its not good when you're using GPS on side streets in down town Atlanta and the screen decides to turn green. 

went to verizon store, associate said they were aware of problem, it was on all edge plus's and he had been instructed to not swap out the phone because it will just happen again on the new one. and they told him to direct me to contact Motorola about the issue.

i did, went through all the troubleshooting, nothing worked. they want me to send in a less then month old 1000.00 phone to be repaired. yet when i asked her if they knew what was causing the issues she didn't know. and couldn't tell me how long it would take to be " repaired ". The other option was to wait for an update that she had not idea when it would be coming out.

They've known about this problem for more then 2 months now, they gotta have more information then i don't know. 

Iv'e always had motorola flagship phones and was very disappointed when they didn't offer one for a few years. forced me to go to a Samsung S9+.  Once i heard about the Edge coming out, I couldn't wait to get back to Motorola, But come on guys, help me out, don't send me back to the minors because you guys can't get your phone problems figured out.

gonna hold out as long as possible but it keeps getting worse day by day. so not sure how long that may be.

Hi Bulldog.

My apologies, both for the display issue and for the poor support experience. I want to ask if you used the same email when contacting Motorola support as you use here on the forums? If so, we can try to find that agent and see that they are properly coached on this issue.

I will have an agent contact you via PM on this site, to arrange for a replacement Edge+.

Regards,

-Matt

Options

5 Posts

07-07-2020

US

26 Signins

285 Page Views

• Views: 285
  • Message 388 of 657

2020-08-04, 14:02 PM

Hi Matt,

Just wondering if you saw my post. I am having a green tint and black crush issue on my device. Could you help me arrange a replacement. 

Options

19088 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2337 Signins

57462 Page Views

• Message 389 of 657

2020-08-04, 14:31 PM

@ sba19 wrote:

Hi Matt,

Just wondering if you saw my post. I am having a green tint and black crush issue on my device. Could you help me arrange a replacement. 

Hi.

Yes, I did. You will be contacted if it's not happened already. I was puzzled by a note in your tracker that I asked her to check first. :)

-Matt

Options

2 Posts

07-15-2020

US

12 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 390 of 657

2020-08-04, 21:46 PM

Hello Becky and Matt.

Both my wife's and my phone have gone sideways again. I am on my third, (soon to be 4th) and my wife is on her 2nd soon to be 3rd. I am pretty disappointed as I can't keep doing this as my phone is very important to my job.. This is one of the most expensive phones on the market and I expected it to perform accordingly. That has not been the case. 

So here is where I am and what I need to move on...

Verizon is not going to let my wife and I out of this as we got a 2 for 1 deal on these phones, but as stated, they are just not up to snuff. We had a 2 week window to get free and new replacements...now all we can get is refurbished versions of our current phones, which is not an option for us any longer. We are hopeful that you can issue us some kind of payoff on these so we can move on. I REALLY wanted to love these phones , (and other than the screen malfunction, the rest of the phone performs fantastic), but as the price was a premium we need the phone to be premium too. 

Please get back to me as soon as possible so that I can call Verizon right away. If you cannot offer any kind of buy-back, I would appreciate any advice you can offer in helping us with Verizon.

Thank you and best regards,

Jason Rivas

Jennifer Stehr

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete