08-18-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 481 of 1008

Re:Screen issue

2020-08-18, 1:41 AM

Curious if the software update has been released. I'm currently on day 11 of my 14 day forgiveness from Verizon. Need to know ASAP if I need to switch to the S20. I absolutely love this phone but can not have the screen going out in 10 days of a 2 year contract!

IMG_20200816_172859.jpg
Options

3 Posts

08-11-2020

PL

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 482 of 1008

2020-08-18, 8:09 AM

Well, after 37 days my Motorola Edge phone with damaged screen still hasn’t returned from Motorola Poland service, Apple IPhone and Samsung representatives should honestly thank you for such a wonderful customer service, did I already mention that this is my most horrible customer experience in years? 

Options

19539 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2435 Signins

60598 Page Views

• Views: 60598
  • Message 483 of 1008

2020-08-18, 13:47 PM

@ echameuntuit wrote:

Yes @Matrix85 , also debating whether I should take it to "repair" or not. I see low probabilities of having the issue fixed with a local repair if there’s not a definitive solution made public by Motorola in the US (like a new screen global substitution program). Will wait a week or two for updates. Probably if more tech outlets/youtubers talk about this Motorola will have no option but do an international recall. 

Hi.

We are trying to confirm the exchange program is functioning in Mexico. I hope to have a response for you shortly. Very sorry for the delay and the problem.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

19539 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2435 Signins

60598 Page Views

• Message 484 of 1008

2020-08-18, 13:48 PM

@ Ls3PPV wrote:

Dear Matt,

I'm writing today to provide an update.. I received one of the new updates, supposed to be the new better hardware.. well low and behold this phone is having the same issues. Please see post above. 100% of my 4 devices now have been defective. I JUST WANT A REFUND. PLEASE HELP WITH THAT! All the time spent replacing these and sending them back, driving to the daggum fedex place. I'm losing money in this now . My phone is a necessity for my business and income. And if I can't rely on equipment then I DON'T WANT IT! Please contact out have an agent reach out. 

In regards to a reply above that said it's alarming how many detective devices there are...

have to agree 100%. It's garbage actually, BASURA!!! I am on my 4th device and it's happening, AGAIN!!!! What the heck Matt. How are you going to sit there and say,"well it doesn't happen to everybody, so there's a chance your phone will be fine".. way to put out the small fires.. but let's be real. 100% of my phone's have now been defective.. 4 out of 4. Just to be clear, THAT'S ALL OF THEM. 100% FAILURE

Hi.

I'll have an agent contact you via PM here on the community to resolve your issue.

My statement about how frequently it happens applied to all of the phones, not yours specifically.

Regards,

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

19539 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2435 Signins

60598 Page Views

• Message 485 of 1008

2020-08-18, 13:51 PM

@ Harley Rider wrote:

Curious if the software update has been released. I'm currently on day 11 of my 14 day forgiveness from Verizon. Need to know ASAP if I need to switch to the S20. I absolutely love this phone but can not have the screen going out in 10 days of a 2 year contract!

Hi Harley.

Very sorry to see that you have this issue. The software helped some people, but not all. Your phone will have to be replaced, and we can arrange that for you if you like.

Please let me know, and I can have an agent contact you here via PM to make arrangements.

Regards,

-Matt

Options

8 Posts

08-10-2020

CA

25 Signins

275 Page Views

• Views: 275
  • Message 486 of 1008

2020-08-18, 15:25 PM

@MattForumsMngr At your suggestion, I contacted Motorola Canada and they were no help. They offered a repair which requires me to go without a device for about a week. They also didn't acknowledge the known issue with the screen. It was a painful process and I felt bad for the rep I chatted with.

After contacting my wireless provider, Rogers Wireless, they will be sending me a new device. However, they have no way of ensuring I get newer inventory and I may end up with another defective device.

Matt, it's hard to believe there are those without defective screens. It is more likely these are all ticking timebombs and those that have the issue early enough are lucky enough to take advantage of buyer's remorse clauses and get away from this tragedy.

(Written on a screen that's almost entirely tinted green after six days of use.)

Options

3 Posts

08-11-2020

PL

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 487 of 1008

2020-08-18, 15:29 PM

My Motorola Edge is back after 37 days in repair, and it is fully repaired, great joke Motorola, you enjoy watching as the world burns, don’t you? 

32AEAAAB-5561-46ED-8D26-5BF7ED16B122.jpeg DC7F4B49-E83A-4B3E-ACA8-B5CA7E7353FF.jpeg 9B3CB455-37C4-4872-ABF3-5B8850B58147.jpeg 716745A8-B017-498F-A631-1E4A2F74F6D3.jpeg
Options

19539 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2435 Signins

60598 Page Views

• Message 488 of 1008

2020-08-18, 17:03 PM

@ Msedek wrote:

My Motorola Edge is back after 37 days in repair, and it is fully repaired, great joke Motorola, you enjoy watching as the world burns, don’t you? 

Wow, this really went sideways. I am so sorry.

I know that we recently changed repair partners there and that was causing issues. But I had escalated your case and I know they were working to intervene. Obviously we failed here.

I have re-escalated to a colleague in Europe and they should reach out.

Again, my apologies.

-Matt

Options

19539 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2435 Signins

60598 Page Views

• Message 489 of 1008

2020-08-18, 17:10 PM

@ Mandalorian604 wrote:

@MattForumsMngr At your suggestion, I contacted Motorola Canada and they were no help. They offered a repair which requires me to go without a device for about a week. They also didn't acknowledge the known issue with the screen. It was a painful process and I felt bad for the rep I chatted with.

After contacting my wireless provider, Rogers Wireless, they will be sending me a new device. However, they have no way of ensuring I get newer inventory and I may end up with another defective device.

Matt, it's hard to believe there are those without defective screens. It is more likely these are all ticking timebombs and those that have the issue early enough are lucky enough to take advantage of buyer's remorse clauses and get away from this tragedy.

(Written on a screen that's almost entirely tinted green after six days of use.)

Hi.

We were working hard yesterday to get aligned with all the Canadian contact points. Clearly we missed some here but it could be you were a little ahead. Let me see if we can intervene.

It may be hard to believe when you see this thread. There are more than 80 individuals reporting this here. That is a huge number in our world and that is why you see me on this thread, working with Agent Rebecca, to address these reports as quickly as possible. But we have sold far more than 80 phones. I understand that while you may listen to what I say, you're going to draw your own conclusions. 

Regards,

-Matt

Options

11 Posts

07-25-2020

US

18 Signins

215 Page Views

• Views: 215
  • Message 490 of 1008

2020-08-18, 17:38 PM

Hey Matt    

I realize The obvious that there was more than 80 units sold, right? there's a good, really good chance that a lot of those people just suck it up as a loss and never get online to figure out a solution like myself and these other "80". So take that in consideration. also consider this strongly, most of the people that are on here of these so-called 80 people reporting a broken phone are reporting multiple devices , replacements directly from Motorola, doing the same thing so it's very consistent. If it were what you said and it was only 80 out of the thousands of devices released then it should be a pretty good gamble that the next device I get would work but now I have a consistent pattern of 100% of my devices becoming defective. To Harley Rider user I would suggest getting as far away from this Motorola phone as possible, as soon as possible.. I'm about to start standing in front of Verizon stores and letting people know not to buy this telephone because it is absolutely garbage. I mean until the screen breaks it's a really nice phone really fun to use, but who can afford all this downtime and hassle of figuring out the solution where to send it and who to help you and.. SMH

The user above said that they are ticking time bomb, That's exactly true. I honestly believe that if you really don't use your phone this will never happen. So if you only use it for a two to three minute. And then you have to shut the screen off and make sure that it's not plugged in and make sure that you don't have any other apps running then this phone would work for you but if you need to use your phone to actually watch a video or use GPS while it's plugged in this phone is absolutely going to fail. I'm going back to my moto z3. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms