Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

19862 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2506 Signins

63158 Page Views

• Views: 63158
  • Message 561 of 1191

Re:Screen issue

2020-08-31, 14:46 PM

@ Canaphone wrote:

UPDATE: This issue is getting MUCH worse, and unlike yesterday, this screen burn is no longer disappearing after leaving the phone off for an extended period of time. Really hoping someone from Moto/Leno can respond to this issue, this is not acceptable for a $2000 CAD phone. 

UPDATE 2: I've given up, and arranged to have my phone sent in for repair/replacement. At $2000, I simply cannot afford to take a chance on this issue getting worse, and not being covered by some sort of Warranty. Based on what I'm seeing in this thread however, I have zero confidence a replacement is going to resolve this issue and if it rears its ugly head again, I will be requesting and fighting for a refund. Here in Canada, this phone is aggressively priced at $2000 (Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is $1800) so there is absolutely no excuse for the number of issues currently plaguing this Phone.

Hi.

Sorry for this issue. As you can see from this thread, it's not uncommon and we are offering replacements/repair as necessary. In your case, it does appear necessary. 

Please let me know if you need our assistance in getting yours resolved.  

Again, my apologies.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

10 Posts

06-29-2020

United States of America

9 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 562 of 1191

2020-08-31, 18:45 PM

Ok long story short. i have replaced my phone i would say the better half of 10 times.  i had the main problems that you all faced, the burned images, the double/triple images, the green hue, bottom half of the screen flashing green/white, finger print square clearly outlined on screen. but i have some not great but decent news. the replacement i have received about a week or 2 ago (date on case said Aug 7th if i remember correctly )has been the best phone yet. it only has the green hue which is pretty bad on dark backgrounds/videos basically anything dark. but at least i can see the screen at all time and no burned images (great cause i use this phone for work).  by no means am i satisfied with this $1000 phone that besides this screen is amazing cause as a flag ship this should be top of the line quality and i don't feel that this screen is that. imagine a phone that cant make phone calls? A smart phone is all screen so if the screen isn't working right then that's the whole phone in my opinion. but i'm here to say i appreciate all the hard work that Matt (Been handling my situations) and Becky (Never had respond to me but seems nice and helpful) have been doing there is only so much they can do and say. do i believe everything no but as a company there are certain things they can and cant say. but overall i'm happy the way things have been handled. once they actually find a full fix for this screen i definitely want a replacement that will make this phone the $1000 i spent on it but until then i will keep using this one that only looks bad in dark situations. btw also wanted to note that i have severely cut back on my phone usage because i'm worried about overheating which shouldn't be a thing especially since i use it for work but for now keep hope with the replacements you get in the near future if you guys only have the green hue to deal with i suggest just dealing with it for now. if you don't want to i completely understand cause you should get what was advertised but i still have hope for Motorola and this phone they are OG. if they never fix this problem and just release a new version or phone i will NOT support that and my business will be lost. i have supported you guys from the good old days. my favorite memory of booting up my phone seeing that red background and hearing "DROID" is something i will never forget. 

Options

3 Posts

08-29-2020

United States of America

7 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 563 of 1191

2020-09-01, 6:42 AM

@ MattForumsMngr wrote:

@ Eisai wrote:

I just purchased an Edge+ last week (received it Wednesday), and as of this afternoon I initially saw a dark spot with a lightened/green edge at the very edge of the waterfall screen. After plugging it in and letting it sit for an hour or so, the dark spot is gone, as is the lightening on the edge, but now there is a green tinge to the screen (most noticeable on black backgrounds) that extends noticeably towards the center of the screen (it's easily noticeable all the way up the front camera. I am planning to go the nearby Verizon store on Monday, but after googling the issue figured I'd post here as well. My guess is that Verizon will just tell me it needs to be replaced.

Hi.

Apologies if this persists. If you haven't checked for updated software, please do that first and see if it helps. Otherwise, you will likely need a replacement. Please feel free to ask here if you run into any issues with Verizon.

Regards,

-Matt

Everything was updated before the issue became noticeable, so I can't say if it started before everything updated or not. I talked to Verizon today and a replacement should be on its way. Fingers crossed that it doesn't recur.

Options

4 Posts

09-01-2020

United Arab Emirates

5 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 564 of 1191

2020-09-01, 8:44 AM
I am having exactly the same problems and live in the UAE. Phone is less than 8 weeks old. How do I get an instant replacement?
Options

27 Posts

04-28-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

25 Signins

300 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 300
  • Message 565 of 1191

2020-09-01, 14:02 PM

Hi, not sure if anyone noticed it but this green tinge issue fixed for me in last Aug update

Options

12 Posts

08-25-2020

Canada

16 Signins

160 Page Views

• Views: 160
  • Message 566 of 1191

2020-09-01, 15:26 PM

The August update seems to have been what triggered the issues on my phone. I purchased the phone mid-July, and for 2-3 weeks, I experienced none of the issues described on these forums. It wasn't until I applied the update (around mid-August) that my phone started to suffer from the blinking dots, green haze, screen burn, and black crush which seems to suggest these issues could be fixed with thorough QA and Updates. 

I've since arranged for a replacement (going to be without a phone for 2 weeks), but unless the root of these issues are identified and addressed, I'm not confident new, or replacement hardware is going to solve anything. 

Options

19862 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2506 Signins

63158 Page Views

• Message 567 of 1191

2020-09-02, 14:34 PM

@ Canaphone wrote:

The August update seems to have been what triggered the issues on my phone. I purchased the phone mid-July, and for 2-3 weeks, I experienced none of the issues described on these forums. It wasn't until I applied the update (around mid-August) that my phone started to suffer from the blinking dots, green haze, screen burn, and black crush which seems to suggest these issues could be fixed with thorough QA and Updates. 

I've since arranged for a replacement (going to be without a phone for 2 weeks), but unless the root of these issues are identified and addressed, I'm not confident new, or replacement hardware is going to solve anything. 

Hi.

We are making progress and have made changes that are clearly reducing this issue. It is not related to the software update you mentioned. That is just coincidental.

Regards,

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

19862 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2506 Signins

63158 Page Views

• Message 568 of 1191

2020-09-02, 14:39 PM

@ Mike 10 wrote:

I am having exactly the same problems and live in the UAE. Phone is less than 8 weeks old. How do I get an instant replacement?

Hi.

Apologies for this issue. We do not have the same support model in all regions, so in UAE the process will be to go through repair.

There are two ways to start this process. You can contact your local support call center. You can find the number here. Or if you provide the city where you are located, we can see if we have your nearest service center's address on file and provide that to you.

Regards,

-Matt

Options

1 Posts

09-02-2020

Canada

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 569 of 1191

2020-09-02, 23:37 PM

I've had my Edge Plus for almost a month with no issues.  BUT last weekend I took it to the cottage and started getting shadows on the screen.  Over a few days the shadows progressed to the green and purple smudges.  Like everyone else the display issues disappeared when I stopped using the phone but they always came back.  It got to the point that after 20 minutes of playing mini metro my screen was completely covered and barely useable.

Now that I'm back at home the phone is fine.  I was trying to show the issue to my wife but I can't.  Our cottage is right on the edge of cellular service with our provider and our cell phones always struggle to maintain a connection there.  We have always noticed how the phones chew through batteries up there.  Could those of you with this issue try disabling mobile data to see if it helps you?  It's not really a fix but I'm curious to see if it works for anyone else.

Options

1 Posts

09-03-2020

Canada

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 570 of 1191

2020-09-03, 18:42 PM

Are devices with unlocked bootloaders still eligible for a refund/repair? Seeing as this issue is a well-documented manufacturer defect that I clearly haven't caused, I don't see why a refund/repair should be denied.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms