Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-25-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

20 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎10-25-2020
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 20
  • Message 831 of 1242

Re:Screen issue

2020-12-01, 13:49 PM

Yeah, they have been giving everyone the run around with these malfunctioning phones. She said she tried calling me yesterday but now my phone isn't even working when drone tries to call. I had many "missed" calls yesterday and some pretty upset family thinking I was ignoring them all day! 

 

Motorola needs to stand behind their usual ok product and chalk this one up as a loss. It needs to be recalled! 

Reply
Options

8 Posts

09-25-2020

Canada

17 Signins

195 Page Views

  • Posts: 8
  • Registered: ‎09-25-2020
  • Location: Canada
  • Views: 195
  • Message 832 of 1242

Re:Screen issue

2020-12-01, 18:06 PM

Motobecky you reached out to Motorola Canada to replace my phone, that was on the 11th of November can you give me a update.  

Reply
Options

388 Posts

08-30-2018

United States of America

895 Signins

18808 Page Views

  • Posts: 388
  • Registered: ‎08-30-2018
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 18808
  • Message 833 of 1242

Re:Screen issue

2020-12-01, 18:53 PM

@ Gandolf22 wrote:

Motobecky you reached out to Motorola Canada to replace my phone, that was on the 11th of November can you give me a update.  

I can reach out to that team again to see what the status is.  I know from our previous messages there had been some confusion over the shipping but it sounds like you got that resolved.  I'll send you a private message when I hear back from the team in Canada.


Becky



Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Reply
Options

2 Posts

12-02-2020

Italy

4 Signins

15 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎12-02-2020
  • Location: Italy
  • Views: 15
  • Message 834 of 1242

Re:Screen issue

2020-12-02, 19:55 PM

Hi, same problem as everyone! I bought my Motorola Edge last month and recived 13/11/20 (ITALY). Yesterday after 3 weeks of usage I had the same display problem! 

 

What I can do to fix this problem or to ask for a refound? 

 

Thanks, Stefano.

Reply
Options

9 Posts

11-23-2020

Canada

28 Signins

250 Page Views

  • Posts: 9
  • Registered: ‎11-23-2020
  • Location: Canada
  • Views: 250
  • Message 835 of 1242

Re:Screen issue

2020-12-03, 11:56 AM

Morning everyone just wanted to touch base about my phone experience. 

Almost 2 weeks with edge plus and no issues. Have used the phone everyday for everything except gaming. No heat issues while charging or in use and phone in a case 24/7. 

I am reading the forums every couple of days so I am trying to keep informed about what's going on with people and their experiences with the phone. 

Wanted to express thanks to Matt and Becky from Motorola for all their help. 

Regards

Lou

Reply
Options

3 Posts

12-03-2020

Estonia

2 Signins

20 Page Views

  • Posts: 3
  • Registered: ‎12-03-2020
  • Location: Estonia
  • Views: 20
  • Message 836 of 1242

Re:Screen issue

2020-12-03, 13:09 PM

Egde plus. Totally new. Screen goes gradually green, in addition white blinking spots appear - please, see attached. HOW to get a new proper device or money back?

Reply
Options

4 Posts

11-23-2020

Canada

10 Signins

70 Page Views

  • Posts: 4
  • Registered: ‎11-23-2020
  • Location: Canada
  • Views: 70
  • Message 837 of 1242

Re:Screen issue

2020-12-03, 14:50 PM

@ Arbalister wrote:

I bought my Edge+ in Ontario, Canada, on Oct 19th.  It' manufacture date is 2020-06-05, and it' software is fully updated.

 

Today, I' having the same problem as noted here - the purple blotching (not the green haze).

 

One thing that I' noted, and I haven' seen mentioned in this thread - admittedly I haven' read it all - is that the problem appears to be heat-related.  When I noticed the purple discolouration

was using a light coloured app, with the charging cable plugged in.  I rebooted, etc, same thing on the screen.  Changing brightness altered the shape of the purple, but didn' remove it.  

However - taking the case off, and holding the phone in front of an AC vent did.

 

Obviously - that' not a solution.

 

@MattForumsMngr - should I be submitting a warranty ticket?

 

Matt?  Becky?  Advice would be appreciated. :-) 

Reply
Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2589 Signins

65243 Page Views

  • Posts: 20124
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 65243
  • Message 838 of 1242

Re:Screen issue

2020-12-03, 15:12 PM

@ Arbalister wrote:

@ Arbalister wrote:

I bought my Edge+ in Ontario, Canada, on Oct 19th.  It' manufacture date is 2020-06-05, and it' software is fully updated.

 

Today, I' having the same problem as noted here - the purple blotching (not the green haze).

 

One thing that I' noted, and I haven' seen mentioned in this thread - admittedly I haven' read it all - is that the problem appears to be heat-related.  When I noticed the purple discolouration

was using a light coloured app, with the charging cable plugged in.  I rebooted, etc, same thing on the screen.  Changing brightness altered the shape of the purple, but didn' remove it.  

However - taking the case off, and holding the phone in front of an AC vent did.

 

Obviously - that' not a solution.

 

@MattForumsMngr - should I be submitting a warranty ticket?

 

Matt?  Becky?  Advice would be appreciated. :-) 

Hey, so sorry! Must have missed this one. My apologies -- we will escalate.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Reply
Options

51 Posts

02-07-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

100 Signins

1026 Page Views

  • Posts: 51
  • Registered: ‎02-07-2020
  • Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1026
  • Message 839 of 1242

Re:Screen issue

2020-12-03, 15:34 PM

@ StefanoM wrote:

Hi, same problem as everyone! I bought my Motorola Edge last month and recived 13/11/20 (ITALY). Yesterday after 3 weeks of usage I had the same display problem! 

 

What I can do to fix this problem or to ask for a refound? 

 

Thanks, Stefano.

 

Hi Stefano,

 

I have sent you a private message.

 

Thanks,

- Marta

 

Reply
Options

51 Posts

02-07-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

100 Signins

1026 Page Views

  • Posts: 51
  • Registered: ‎02-07-2020
  • Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1026
  • Message 840 of 1242

Re:Screen issue

2020-12-03, 15:39 PM

@ Cefalmedic wrote:

Egde plus. Totally new. Screen goes gradually green, in addition white blinking spots appear - please, see attached. HOW to get a new proper device or money back?

 

Hi there,

 

I have sent you a private message.

 

Thanks

- Marta

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms