Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

11-30-2020

Netherlands

12 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 971 of 1240

Re:Screen issue

2021-01-08, 16:01 PM

Good afternoon,

Have you had a chance to look at my screenshot?

I've checked the pages, but cannot seem to find an answer.

Thank you!

Edit: apologies. My previous comment is the first one on page 92 in this thread.

Options

51 Posts

02-07-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

100 Signins

1026 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1026
  • Message 972 of 1240

2021-01-08, 16:02 PM

Hi @Svetogorov 

I have just sent you a PM.

Thank you - Marta

Options

226 Posts

04-03-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

461 Signins

3677 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 3677
  • Message 973 of 1240

2021-01-08, 17:34 PM

@ Daymi wrote:

In response to MotoSara (apologies, the site doesn' reply well on the phone), this screenshot shows my current software version.

Hi,

I am really sorry I did not see this. It seems you are in the correct software version, so we will need to look into a repair or replacement. Could you please send me a DM with the following information?:

-Full name.

-Email address.

-Full postal address.

-IMEI number.

-Phone number. 

Kind regards, 

Sara

Options

1 Posts

01-07-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 974 of 1240

2021-01-08, 19:44 PM

What is the latest on the screen issues? I only see that Motorola has been working on a fix for months, my edge+ is suffering from this issue by having purple, green spot, black outed edges that are progressively getting worse and worse. So answer......

1. Is this a hardware or software issue?
  2. Is a fix in the works and WHEN WHEN WHEN will it be delivered? 
  3. Is Motorola replacing/fixing this issue free of charge? 
  4. Why isn't Motorola providing more details on this by issuing a statement or making a very direct message perhaps even at the top of this forum to address this so people know what's going on?

This is my very first Motorola phone, and while I was very excited about this phone from the beginning I am becoming very frustrated with this process and lack of action and initiative from Motorola to fix this issue. 

HELP!

Options

11 Posts

01-06-2021

Belarus

22 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 975 of 1240

2021-01-09, 6:55 AM

If this problem is not massive, as you write, then how to explain the fact that even here on the forum people are repeatedly faced with this problem. For example, Re: Screen issue 2021-01-06, 7:16 AM greenry

I agree with RDLJ06 (2021-01-08, 11:44 AM), it is important for me as a buyer to know why this is happening and whether the problem has been completely resolved. The bottom line is that there is no guarantee that the problem will not come out after the warranty expires.
at the moment I have read the entire thread, all the messages and I see that many have the problem again.
Options

21 Posts

02-06-2018

United States of America

32 Signins

251 Page Views

• Views: 251
  • Message 976 of 1240

2021-01-09, 14:37 PM

"Hi.

I obviously would not expect you to have read this entire topic thread, but this has been addressed. There are a couple of key things I wanted to reiterate. One, while we did think it was something that could be addressed by software initially, that improvement was not effective for all devices, only some. We have made changes in our processes and in our parts to reduce this issue down to its current low rate. And two, the vast, vast majority of devices never experience this problem. While this thread is long and we take the reports here very seriously, it still represents a small percentage of the edge devices we've sold. 

We stand by the phones and continue to work with all owners to retain their trust in Motorola.

Again, my apologies that you're having to deal with this.

- Matt"

Although the community appreciates the communication on here, I would be interested in knowing real numbers, 99% of people don't go online to report their issues. If that is what you are basing your numbers on.

Options

11 Posts

01-06-2021

Belarus

22 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 977 of 1240

2021-01-09, 17:47 PM
I bought a smartphone in my country in Belarus. I saw an ad on the Internet, the guy bought it in Finland and sold it in Belarus. since we do not officially sell them, and I really wanted this smartphone, I naturally bought it from him.It's a shame that I bought it for 1100 euros, and now I don't know what to do, since there is no service in Belarus.

Can I have a replacement or repair at Lenovo Service. You are one and the same company!
That would just be SUPER
I have Lenovo services in my country

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Views: 65223
  • Message 978 of 1240

2021-01-10, 20:51 PM

@ RDLJ06 wrote:

What is the latest on the screen issues? I only see that Motorola has been working on a fix for months, my edge+ is suffering from this issue by having purple, green spot, black outed edges that are progressively getting worse and worse. So answer......

1. Is this a hardware or software issue?
  2. Is a fix in the works and WHEN WHEN WHEN will it be delivered? 
  3. Is Motorola replacing/fixing this issue free of charge? 
  4. Why isn' Motorola providing more details on this by issuing a statement or making a very direct message perhaps even at the top of this forum to address this so people know what' going on?

This is my very first Motorola phone, and while I was very excited about this phone from the beginning I am becoming very frustrated with this process and lack of action and initiative from Motorola to fix this issue. 

HELP!

Hi.

So sorry you are having this issue. Yes, we are replacing/repairing (depends on regional capabilities) free of charge. I have issued dozens of statements here that are easily accessed. 

We will reach out tomorrow via a PM on this community and do our best to resolve this for you.

Again, apologies for this problem.

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Message 979 of 1240

2021-01-10, 20:58 PM

@ Svetogorov wrote:

I bought a smartphone in my country in Belarus. I saw an ad on the Internet, the guy bought it in Finland and sold it in Belarus. since we do not officially sell them, and I really wanted this smartphone, I naturally bought it from him.It' a shame that I bought it for 1100 euros, and now I don' know what to do, since there is no service in Belarus.

Can I have a replacement or repair at Lenovo Service. You are one and the same company!
That would just be SUPER
I have Lenovo services in my country

Hi.

No, I'm afraid we can't help. We always recommend buying new, from a reliable dealer or directly from Motorola, and only in the country where you intend to use the device.

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Message 980 of 1240

2021-01-10, 21:01 PM

@ bpratt7 wrote:

"Hi.

I obviously would not expect you to have read this entire topic thread, but this has been addressed. There are a couple of key things I wanted to reiterate. One, while we did think it was something that could be addressed by software initially, that improvement was not effective for all devices, only some. We have made changes in our processes and in our parts to reduce this issue down to its current low rate. And two, the vast, vast majority of devices never experience this problem. While this thread is long and we take the reports here very seriously, it still represents a small percentage of the edge devices we' sold. 

We stand by the phones and continue to work with all owners to retain their trust in Motorola.

Again, my apologies that you' having to deal with this.

- Matt"

Although the community appreciates the communication on here, I would be interested in knowing real numbers, 99% of people don' go online to report their issues. If that is what you are basing your numbers on.

Hi.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm really not able to share those details. I think the main message I have is that if you decide to buy an edge+, you can know that we're standing by the phone and will help in the event you run into this issue. 

If you decide not to buy edge+, thanks for your interest. We appreciate you being a Motorola owner and forum member.

- Matt

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms