Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-21-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 7

Screen protector

2021-04-21, 17:34 PM

Hey guys I just got my edge plus two days ago. The sales rep really sold me on a liquid screen protector by instaprotek. She said instaprotek would replace my screen if it broke. Later on I'm learning it's only a year warranty. From what I understand it cannot be removed either..

Does anyone have experience with this type of screen protection? Honestly I think I should have opted for a regular protector but how would that work with the wrapped screen?

I was excited about this phone and the specs especially the camera and had read a few reviews, now after having it I see more reviews about the screen basically dying on people after a couple weeks.

I have a week to return and just have to pay $35 restocking. 

Not sure what to do.

Options

58 Posts

03-14-2021

Italy

134 Signins

1080 Page Views

• Views: 1080
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Screen protector

2021-04-22, 9:40 AM

Hi, I have not found the brand that you indicate "liquid screen protector by instaprotek" can you send me a link?

Instead for the classic screen protections 9H, I don't like it, especially for our "Motorola Edge", to feel the step that is produced if you attach a flat protection (without edges), in my opinion it is not suitable for these types of devices you would lose all the pleasure of touch and swipe (the finger would bump!).

Ds

Options

388 Posts

08-30-2018

United States of America

897 Signins

18838 Page Views

• Views: 18838
  • Message 3 of 7

2021-04-22, 22:05 PM

@ teadrinker3030 wrote:

Hey guys I just got my edge plus two days ago. The sales rep really sold me on a liquid screen protector by instaprotek. She said instaprotek would replace my screen if it broke. Later on I' learning it' only a year warranty. From what I understand it cannot be removed either..

Does anyone have experience with this type of screen protection? Honestly I think I should have opted for a regular protector but how would that work with the wrapped screen?

I was excited about this phone and the specs especially the camera and had read a few reviews, now after having it I see more reviews about the screen basically dying on people after a couple weeks.

I have a week to return and just have to pay $35 restocking. 

Not sure what to do.

Hello,

Thank you for purchasing the Edge Plus.  I can understand your concern, some people have had issues with their display but I can tell you that not everyone has encounted this and we made improvements in both hardware and software.

If you choose to keep the Edge Plus you can rest assured that we will stand behind our product.  Should you need assistance or have questions about your phone we are here to help you.  You can always ask questions here in the forums, but we also have phone support and chat support available as well.

Thank you,

Becky

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

58 Posts

03-14-2021

Italy

134 Signins

1080 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-04-23, 10:52 AM

Hi Becky,

you wrote "... and we made improvements in both hardware and software."

For curiosity and clarity of information could you tell me from which series or year of production have you made improvements on the hardware for Edge and Edge+ family ?

I wanted to check mine to see if it's after the improvements.

Thank you.

Ds

Options

388 Posts

08-30-2018

United States of America

897 Signins

18838 Page Views

• Views: 18838
  • Message 5 of 7

2021-04-23, 13:38 PM

@ Daniele Sgi wrote:

Hi Becky,

you wrote "... and we made improvements in both hardware and software."

For curiosity and clarity of information could you tell me from which series or year of production have you made improvements on the hardware for Edge and Edge+ family ?

I wanted to check mine to see if it' after the improvements.

Thank you.

Ds

Hello,

The display issue was seen on both models. While phones with later production dates show lower incident rates, there is no clear cut-off date, and the odds of getting one from earlier dates is still rather low.  Both devices would have received the software updates.  

Sorry I don't have a more clear cut answer for you.

Becky

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

04-21-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 6 of 7

2021-04-23, 20:49 PM

Hello Becky,

I'm curious what screen protector you recommend? I do like the Edge+ so far and the people at Verizon sold me the liquid glass instaprotek. But I'm wondering what Motorola recommends?

I am skeptical of this liquid glass no matter how much Verizon raves about it.

Options

58 Posts

03-14-2021

Italy

134 Signins

1080 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-04-24, 11:51 AM

Hi,

in my box Motorola suggests some models that guarantee excellent brightness and quality of the glass, among these I remember "Supershieldz Screen Protector"; obviously if you like edgeless protectors.

Bye
Ds

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms