Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

03-31-2021

Belgium

18 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 1 of 20

Screen timeout not working anymore

2021-03-31, 13:03 PM

Hi, I've recently bought a Motorola Edge and I'm using it for a few days now (all updates, including Android 11 have been installed) and all of a sudden my screen timeout doesn't always work anymore. It's set to 30 seconds (I've also tested different settings) and sometimes the screen just stays on, without any apps running or any video or music playing. I've already tried closing all open apps, but this doesn't solve anything. A reboot of the phone fixes the issue temporarily, but it always comes back after a while.

I'm not very keen on doing a factory reset, since this is my second Edge (the first one had display issues) and I've just finished setting this one up, so I don't want to go through this once again.

Does anyone have a solution for this that does not involve getting a fresh start and where I don't have to restart randomly a few times a day?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards,
Tom

Options

13 Posts

03-30-2021

Germany

19 Signins

215 Page Views

• Views: 215
  • Message 2 of 20

Screen timeout not working anymore

2021-03-31, 18:11 PM
Display time out is working based on selected values. One thing that I'm missing since I've updated to 11 is the double tap to wake up respectively the approximate sensor activity if you're moving your hand over the display....
Options

4887 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74091 Page Views

• Views: 74091
  • Message 3 of 20

Re:Screen timeout not working anymore

2021-03-31, 20:12 PM

@ tommeskens wrote:

Hi, I' recently bought a Motorola Edge and I' using it for a few days now (all updates, including Android 11 have been installed) and all of a sudden my screen timeout doesn' always work anymore. It' set to 30 seconds (I' also tested different settings) and sometimes the screen just stays on, without any apps running or any video or music playing. I' already tried closing all open apps, but this doesn' solve anything. A reboot of the phone fixes the issue temporarily, but it always comes back after a while.

I' not very keen on doing a factory reset, since this is my second Edge (the first one had display issues) and I' just finished setting this one up, so I don' want to go through this once again.

Does anyone have a solution for this that does not involve getting a fresh start and where I don' have to restart randomly a few times a day?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards,
Tom

Hi Tom and thanks for posting. I'll be honest, I'm not seeing this behavior on mine. Mine always times out based on my settings with no issues. Do you happen to have Attentive Display enabled? This will keep the phone screen on as long as you are looking at it. You can find this setting here: (Moto app > Moto Display > Attentive Display).

Let me know

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4887 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74091 Page Views

• Message 4 of 20

2021-03-31, 20:14 PM

@ Hans Dampf wrote:

Display time out is working based on selected values.One thing that I' missing since I' updated to 11 is the double tap to wake up respectively the approximate sensor activity if you' moving your hand over the display....

Hello, I'd like to look into this further. Are you saying tap to wake isn't working or approach isn't working for you? I noticed that my approach option was disabled on mine. As soon as I turned it on, Approach is working fine. Tap to wake was already enabled on my device and it was already working. You can find both settings here: (Moto App > Moto Display > Tap on the words Peek Display > Tap on the grey settings button on the bottom left).

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

8 Posts

03-31-2021

Belgium

18 Signins

95 Page Views

• Message 5 of 20

2021-03-31, 20:22 PM
Hi Tom, Thanks for your reply! I have attentive display turned off, so that's not what is causing it unfortunately. I don't think it's specifically related to the Motorola Edge though, as I have seen several posts about the same issue with different android phones. I was hoping someone here has had the same issue already..
Options

13 Posts

03-30-2021

Germany

19 Signins

215 Page Views

• Views: 215
  • Message 6 of 20

2021-03-31, 20:54 PM

Many thanks Tom. It was already activated but without effect. Just turned off and on again and it's working now.

Options

4887 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74091 Page Views

• Message 7 of 20

2021-04-01, 22:20 PM

@ Hans Dampf wrote:

Many thanks Tom. It was already activated but without effect. Just turned off and on again and it' working now.

Glad that gave it the kick it needed.

-Tom

Options

4887 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74091 Page Views

• Message 8 of 20

2021-04-01, 22:21 PM

@ tommeskens wrote:

Hi Tom,Thanks for your reply! I have attentive display turned off, so that' not what is causing it unfortunately. I don' think it' specifically related to the Motorola Edge though, as I have seen several posts about the same issue with different android phones. I was hoping someone here has had the same issue already..

Interesting, can you point me to some of these other topics. I haven't heard of this. I'd like to do some research to see what I can find out and how I can help.

-Tom

Options

8 Posts

03-31-2021

Belgium

18 Signins

95 Page Views

• Message 9 of 20

2021-04-02, 8:28 AM

Here's some links:

Samsung phone: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/screen-timeout-not-working/td-p/177482
Pixel phone: https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/226940/screen-timeout-not-working

There's more links like this, but none seem to offer a definite fix. It would be very nice of you to let your experienced eye take a look at the issue, maybe you can find some suggestions. Rebooting helps, I even thought the problem was gone since timeout was working for about 24 hours, but just now my screen is staying on again while it should go to sleep after 30 seconds. Thanks in advance!

Options

2 Posts

04-02-2021

Argentina

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 10 of 20

Motorola Edge - screen lock after 1 minute not working

2021-04-02, 19:43 PM

Hi,

1 -After the android 11 update,screen lock after 1 minute is not working.

I already tried to change the values to 15 sec, 30 sec.

2 - Connect the phone to the charge has the same problem, the screen remains on forever.

Can u help me ?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms