Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

4848 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3276 Signins

73816 Page Views

• Views: 73816
  • Message 11 of 20

Re:Screen timeout not working anymore

2021-04-02, 20:28 PM

@ tommeskens wrote:

Here' some links:

Samsung phone: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/screen-timeout-not-working/td-p/177482
Pixel phone: https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/226940/screen-timeout-not-working

There' more links like this, but none seem to offer a definite fix. It would be very nice of you to let your experienced eye take a look at the issue, maybe you can find some suggestions. Rebooting helps, I even thought the problem was gone since timeout was working for about 24 hours, but just now my screen is staying on again while it should go to sleep after 30 seconds. Thanks in advance!

I'll take a look and have some others look as well. In the meantime, when it stops working the next time, please generate a bug report. Steps Below:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4848 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3276 Signins

73816 Page Views

• Message 12 of 20

Re:Motorola Edge - screen lock after 1 minute not working

2021-04-02, 20:29 PM

@ Bartziu wrote:

Hi,

1 -After the android 11 update,screen lock after 1 minute is not working.

I already tried to change the values to 15 sec, 30 sec.

2 - Connect the phone to the charge has the same problem, the screen remains on forever.

Can u help me ?

Hello, it looks like another user has reported this as well. I'm going to merge your post with the existing one. From what I can tell so far this is not limited to our (moto) devices. However, we're looking into it. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

04-02-2021

Argentina

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 13 of 20

Re:Motorola Edge - screen lock after 1 minute not working

2021-04-02, 21:11 PM
Actually, we have a comunitty on facebook with 50+ people that have the same problem after the update. The workaround that people found was a factory reset. This solves the problem, but i hope that motorola find another way to fix it.
Options

8 Posts

03-31-2021

Belgium

13 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 14 of 20

2021-04-04, 7:59 AM

Hi Tom, I've uploaded a report here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14FNst_C4WYSXv8QOJhZlcFVJwKJ4uFWK/view?usp=drivesdk 

I had just rebooted my phone to fix the issue, checked a message on Messenger and then the screen stayed on. I hope you can get some info from te report...

Options

8 Posts

03-31-2021

Belgium

13 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 15 of 20

2021-04-05, 20:45 PM

I just wanted to add that it got worse. At the moment, a reboot fixes it for about 1 time, but the second time or so I leave my screen on, it doesn't go to sleep anymore.

Options

4848 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3276 Signins

73816 Page Views

• Message 16 of 20

2021-04-05, 21:32 PM

@ tommeskens wrote:

I just wanted to add that it got worse. At the moment, a reboot fixes it for about 1 time, but the second time or so I leave my screen on, it doesn' go to sleep anymore.

Yikes, I'm sorry to hear this. Thanks for the bug report. I'll get it over to some people on my end to have them take a look. I'm curious, can you test this in Safe Mode? To get into safe mode, Long-press the power button to bring up the power menu > Long-press on restart/reboot or tap on power then long-press on restart/reboot > Follow the on-screen prompts to reboot into safe mode. This will disable all 3rd party apps, but I'm curious if you see the issue with the screen staying on in Safe Mode as well. Let me know. Once you've completed your testing, just reboot the phone normally to get back to normal. 

-Tom

Options

8 Posts

03-31-2021

Belgium

13 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 17 of 20

2021-04-07, 15:25 PM

It's very difficult to debug, since it's not really consistent... yesterday it worked perfectly all day, but this morning the screen didn't timeout anymore. I rebooted the phone in safe mode and tried all afternoon to awake the screen, let it timeout again, awake it again, browse a bit, let it timeout again, ... but after about 4 hours of testing like this, it's still working. Since it worked perfectly all day yesterday (while not in safe mode), it's impossible to say 100% sure that it won't happen in safe mode, but so far it looks like it works perfectly in safe mode.

Options

4848 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3276 Signins

73816 Page Views

• Message 18 of 20

2021-04-07, 19:24 PM

@ tommeskens wrote:

It' very difficult to debug, since it' not really consistent... yesterday it worked perfectly all day, but this morning the screen didn' timeout anymore. I rebooted the phone in safe mode and tried all afternoon to awake the screen, let it timeout again, awake it again, browse a bit, let it timeout again, ... but after about 4 hours of testing like this, it' still working. Since it worked perfectly all day yesterday (while not in safe mode), it' impossible to say 100% sure that it won' happen in safe mode, but so far it looks like it works perfectly in safe mode.

I agree these types of intermittent issues are always very very difficult to root cause. Hopefully, the bug report has caught something to point us in the right direction.

-Tom

Options

8 Posts

03-31-2021

Belgium

13 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 19 of 20

2021-04-07, 20:17 PM

I hope so too, fingers crossed... Keep me posted 😉

Options

3 Posts

01-23-2021

Argentina

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 20 of 20

2021-04-10, 12:35 PM

I have the same problem and I enabled/disabled peek display and attentive display but it still doesnt work.

EDIT: after reboot it works fine, thank you very much Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms