Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

90 Posts

09-03-2020

Romania

96 Signins

965 Page Views

• Views: 965
  • Message 21 of 30

Re:Screen timeout not working anymore

2021-04-24, 22:43 PM

Hello!

I've encountered the same problem as well today. 1 day after I updated to Android 11 as well.

Even though there are some good fixes for me in Android 11: (the mobile signal antenna now it's full, very good signal), it seems there are some bugs too.

This is how I discovered the bug on mine:

I have found out that my screen stopped to go to sleep/timeout the moment I received an SMS through the new Bubble UI conversation feature.

After answering to the said SMS the screen did not go to sleep/lock by itself anymore.

I restarted and the problem returned again immediately after every SMS and Bubble UI box.

Following this, I decided to disable the new Bubble conversation feature in Settings-> Apps&Notifications-> Notifications > Bubbles > switch off.

After switching off Bubbles the issue didn't reappear and my screen goes to sleep in 30 seconds as per usual.

IF the bug occurs again I let you know but so far the Bubbles switch to off seems to have fixed it.

Options

90 Posts

09-03-2020

Romania

96 Signins

965 Page Views

• Message 22 of 30

2021-04-25, 18:55 PM

I have tested it again and I can clearly confirm the new Bubbles notifications are the problem of this bug.

I have sent an SMS message to myself from my 2nd number and I opened the SMS message with the new Bubbles, UI interface. After I answered the message, I closed the bubble and then the screen kept on without any timeout for about 10mins and it was set to 30 seconds. Afterwards I've set Bubbles to off, restarted my phone and the bug was gone. This is also happening with Facebook Messenger bubbles since after Android 11 the Facebook Messenger bubble UI it is now controlled by the OS and not by Facebook Messenger app itself. If you turn it off in phone Settings bubbles will not work in this app either. The same issue happens here as well, the screen remains on after a Facebook Messenger message from a friend.

So, I believe I've found the issue. This is either a fix only for me or for others as well , it must be tested on more Edge phones.

Options

5591 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3325 Signins

78336 Page Views

• Views: 78336
  • Message 23 of 30

2021-04-26, 15:27 PM

@ CrisC wrote:

I have tested it again and I can clearly confirm the new Bubbles notifications are the problem of this bug.

I have sent an SMS message to myself from my 2nd number and I opened the SMS message with the new Bubbles, UI interface. After I answered the message, I closed the bubble and then the screen kept on without any timeout for about 10mins and it was set to 30 seconds. Afterwards I' set Bubbles to off, restarted my phone and the bug was gone. This is also happening with Facebook Messenger bubbles since after Android 11 the Facebook Messenger bubble UI it is now controlled by the OS and not by Facebook Messenger app itself. If you turn it off in phone Settings bubbles will not work in this app either. The same issue happens here as well, the screen remains on after a Facebook Messenger message from a friend.

So, I believe I' found the issue. This is either a fix only for me or for others as well , it must be tested on more Edge phones.

Great troubleshooting/analysis. The bubbles thing is a complete mess in my opinion. I'm not a fan of them at all. I even have them turned off on my Pixel 4a 5G. They just seem very buggy. I'll see if I can duplicate your steps on my Edge and capture some logs. 

Thanks,

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

5591 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3325 Signins

78336 Page Views

• Message 24 of 30

2021-04-26, 15:37 PM

@ MotorolaTom wrote:

@ CrisC wrote:

I have sent an SMS message to myself from my 2nd number and I opened the SMS message with the new Bubbles, UI interface. After I answered the message, I closed the bubble and then the screen kept on without any timeout for about 10mins and it was set to 30 seconds. Afterwards I' set Bubbles to off, restarted my phone and the bug was gone. This is also happening with Facebook Messenger bubbles since after Android 11 the Facebook Messenger bubble UI it is now controlled by the OS and not by Facebook Messenger app itself. If you turn it off in phone Settings bubbles will not work in this app either. The same issue happens here as well, the screen remains on after a Facebook Messenger message from a friend.

So, I believe I' found the issue. This is either a fix only for me or for others as well , it must be tested on more Edge phones.

Great troubleshooting/analysis. The bubbles thing is a complete mess in my opinion. I' not a fan of them at all. I even have them turned off on my Pixel 4a 5G. They just seem very buggy. I' see if I can duplicate your steps on my Edge and capture some logs. 

Thanks,

-Tom

I have tested and confirmed I'm seeing the same thing when I have bubbles enabled on my Edge. I have captured logs and escalated them from my end. Thanks again for bringing this to my attention.

-Tom 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

90 Posts

09-03-2020

Romania

96 Signins

965 Page Views

• Message 25 of 30

2021-04-26, 15:39 PM

Hi Tom!

Thank you! Yea, I have some experience with troubleshooting.

I posted right after you tested :) I am happy to hear you reproduced it. I'm waiting for a fix as I am using the Bubbles only for Facebook Messenger but I keep them off for now.

One more thing when you test it. Make sure you open the SMS you received with the new Bubbles UI / window, you can try to reply back. After that you can either keep the bubble on the screen or even close it by dragging it at the bottom when an X appears.

If you can't reproduce it right, I can film it for you. Just let me know.

-Cris.

Options

8 Posts

07-18-2016

Italy

17 Signins

149 Page Views

• Views: 149
  • Message 26 of 30

Re:Motorola Edge - screen lock after 1 minute not working

2021-04-26, 20:58 PM
Hi Tom, I have the same issue since last Friday after the update to Android 11.
Options

8 Posts

07-18-2016

Italy

17 Signins

149 Page Views

• Message 27 of 30

2021-04-26, 21:04 PM

Here is the file from the bug report:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UfPVMmVISkO2RWICahNx2JQ3giL2coo_/view?usp=drivesdk

And I agree with you about the the bubbles notification. Even though I use apps in the bubble, the notification is still there after I replied to the message.... 

Options

8 Posts

07-18-2016

Italy

17 Signins

149 Page Views

• Message 28 of 30

2021-04-26, 21:19 PM

When I activated Save Mode the issue with the screen didn't repeat. 

Options

90 Posts

09-03-2020

Romania

96 Signins

965 Page Views

• Message 29 of 30

2021-04-26, 23:04 PM

@renahx 

Motorola Tom is aware of the bug right now, he sent it further to the team. Check his message above. Until they come with a fix, I suggest disabling Bubbles conversation feature in Settings-> Apps&Notifications-> Notifications > Bubbles > switch off. Restart your phone afterwards. This is just a workaround I found out.

Options

5591 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3325 Signins

78336 Page Views

• Message 30 of 30

2021-04-27, 18:39 PM

@ renahx wrote:

When I activated Save Mode the issue with the screen didn' repeat. 

Thanks for the testing and the bug report. I don't need new bug reports at this time. I was already able to duplicate it on my debugging unit which allows me to capture deeper system-level logs. Those logs are with our developers to be analyzed. At this time I don't have any updates from them. As soon as I hear anything back, I will let you know.

-Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms