Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

11-05-2020

Canada

10 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 1 of 4

Software Update Repeatedly Failing

2021-03-26, 2:47 AM

Nothing but issues with this phone. I recently had to send it off for warranty service and it's been mostly reliable since. I just got the notice that a software update is available and attempted to download it. I'm sitting three feet from my router with a 1gbps connection and I'm on 5g with a full connection. The update simply will not download, it has an error that reads "Something's not right, reconnecting to server" this has been going on for hours. I've restarted my device multiple times, made sure there are no active VPNs or Firewalls and still nothing. I expect a flagship device to be better than my previous 3 year old Huawei Mate20 Pro, but it isn't at all... I paid full price for this pos at launch and to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I switched back to my old phone, and I have to say its camera and screen made me wonder why I ever put up with the Edge+ at all. I want to like the Edge, but there's just too many issues. Please reach out with a fix for my software update issue or a link to a manual update that I can apply.

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Software Update Repeatedly Failing

2021-03-26, 13:47 PM

@ Dashcroft86 wrote:

Nothing but issues with this phone. I recently had to send it off for warranty service and it' been mostly reliable since. I just got the notice that a software update is available and attempted to download it. I' sitting three feet from my router with a 1gbps connection and I' on 5g with a full connection. The update simply will not download, it has an error that reads "Something' not right, reconnecting to server" this has been going on for hours. I' restarted my device multiple times, made sure there are no active VPNs or Firewalls and still nothing. I expect a flagship device to be better than my previous 3 year old Huawei Mate20 Pro, but it isn' at all... I paid full price for this pos at launch and to say I' disappointed is an understatement. I switched back to my old phone, and I have to say its camera and screen made me wonder why I ever put up with the Edge+ at all. I want to like the Edge, but there' just too many issues. Please reach out with a fix for my software update issue or a link to a manual update that I can apply.

Hi.

Sorry to hear you are having issues. There are a couple of troubleshooting steps I can recommend, plus with your help we can take a look from our end.

• Remove your SIM card and try to download via WiFi. I'm not sure why this works but there is evidence that it can help.
  • Check your phone's available memory. It's possible the phone does not have enough space to accommodate the download.

We can check from our end too: Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate.

There is a tool for flashing the new software, which we can try if these steps don't help.

Again, apologies for the hassle. Let me know about the above.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

10 Posts

01-27-2021

Canada

14 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-03-26, 18:23 PM

Hi Matt.  I had the same update issue yesterday.  After trying to restart and just use wifi to download the files, I just decided to leave the phone unused for 30 minutes and came back to look at it and the update installed ok.  It asked to restart and after that it said it upgraded successfully.

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-03-29, 15:10 PM

@ Superdaddy wrote:

Hi Matt.  I had the same update issue yesterday.  After trying to restart and just use wifi to download the files, I just decided to leave the phone unused for 30 minutes and came back to look at it and the update installed ok.  It asked to restart and after that it said it upgraded successfully.

Hi!

Thanks for the report. Glad to hear it worked!

@Dashcroft86 any news?

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms