Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

12-31-2020

Italy

8 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 1 of 3

Starred contacts can't ring the phone in DND

2021-04-06, 10:48 AM

Hello,

Since the Android 11 update I've been experiencing a bug in the Do Not Disturb mode. This mode has the option to allow starred contacts to make the phone ring for messages or calls, despite this calls don't make any notification sound, only the calling screen comes on (only for starred contacts, as it should). Message notifications originated by these contacts ring, as they should.

I have already conducted some tests, this behaviour is constant and the phone is not in vibration only mode.

This seems the same bug experienced by Pixel users last year and it should have been fixed by an update in Novemeber...

I hope you'll fix this bug soon and avoid bugs already fixed upstream (you had a similar problem with gestures and third party launchers: it was fixed by a Google patch, but you never applied it to Android 10, I had to wait Android 11).

Options

5148 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3299 Signins

75716 Page Views

• Views: 75716
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Starred contacts can't ring the phone in DND

2021-04-06, 22:38 PM

@ LoGaIta99 wrote:

Hello,

Since the Android 11 update I' been experiencing a bug in the Do Not Disturb mode. This mode has the option to allow starred contacts to make the phone ring for messages or calls, despite this calls don' make any notification sound, only the calling screen comes on (only for starred contacts, as it should). Message notifications originated by these contacts ring, as they should.

I have already conducted some tests, this behaviour is constant and the phone is not in vibration only mode.

This seems the same bug experienced by Pixel users last year and it should have been fixed by an update in Novemeber...

I hope you' fix this bug soon and avoid bugs already fixed upstream (you had a similar problem with gestures and third party launchers: it was fixed by a Google patch, but you never applied it to Android 10, I had to wait Android 11).

Hello and thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll be honest, I rarely use DND nor is my phone ever on anything other than vibrate, so I never noticed it myself. That being said. I've tested both the Edge and Pixel 4a 5G and confirmed it's working normally on my Pixel, but not working on the Edge. I've submitted a ticket to our engineers to investigate. As I learn more, I'll let you know.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

9 Posts

12-08-2016

Portugal

24 Signins

215 Page Views

• Views: 215
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Starred contacts can't ring the phone in DND

2021-04-30, 19:23 PM

That’s a known issue from Google and was fixed in the November (2020) by a security patch (we are almost in May 2021)…
Came on, you guys must do better…

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms