Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

43 Posts

03-14-2021

Italy

63 Signins

640 Page Views

• Views: 640
  • Message 11 of 19

Re:Tap on app after Android 11

2021-03-29, 15:36 PM

Hi Tom,

if you explain the procedure, could I try to send them to you ?

I believe that if I turn off the device I should have the bug again (or at the latest tomorrow morning when I turn it back on I could have it.).

Thanks

D

Options

5046 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3292 Signins

75146 Page Views

• Views: 75146
  • Message 12 of 19

2021-03-29, 21:52 PM

@ Daniele Sgi wrote:

Hi Tom,

if you explain the procedure, could I try to send them to you ?

I believe that if I turn off the device I should have the bug again (or at the latest tomorrow morning when I turn it back on I could have it.).

Thanks

D

I truly appreciate the offer, but sadly, the types of logs you can generate wouldn't include the debug logging that my device is able to capture. You can generate a normal bug report though as that might help point to something as well. Below are the steps for generating a bug report.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

43 Posts

03-14-2021

Italy

63 Signins

640 Page Views

• Message 13 of 19

2021-03-30, 9:03 AM

Hi Tom,

today I turn on the device, Motorola Actions had no problems (it loaded and disappeared), BUT immediately after the Motorola Display intervened and changed the background (daily automatic random wallpaper) and immediately after the bug occurred !!

I attach the url of the log (dubug on), we can say that every time the background is changed automatically it happens when it is switched on again !!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17TL9aN4jpvl26-U1zfTetM80VBrwmrY0/view?usp=sharing

P.S.: to bring the dubug settings back to normal, I just need to disable the developer option? or do I first need to reset the options individually?

Regards

Ds

Options

43 Posts

03-14-2021

Italy

63 Signins

640 Page Views

• Message 14 of 19

2021-04-01, 19:06 PM

Ok Tom,

have you some news?

Can I delete the log from my Drive? And consider them acquired.

Thanks

Options

5046 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3292 Signins

75146 Page Views

• Message 15 of 19

2021-04-01, 22:23 PM

@ Daniele Sgi wrote:

Ok Tom,

have you some news?

Can I delete the log from my Drive? And consider them acquired.

Thanks

Please leave the log up as other engineers might want to view it. I'll let you know if it's not needed anymore. That being said, I've rebooted multiple times left the phone on for extended periods, randomly waking it up every once in a while. I set up daily wallpaper, etc and I'm still not able to cause the moto actions notification to get stuck and cause this lagging. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

43 Posts

03-14-2021

Italy

63 Signins

640 Page Views

• Message 16 of 19

2021-04-05, 11:56 AM

ok, I'll leave it until you tell me.

Ironically, every night I turn it off and in the morning I enter the PIN and invariably the delay is repeated (even without Motorola Action active) :/

Anyway to fix it I reboot immediately after the device and there is no more delay ;)

I await news ... happy holidays !!

D

Options

5046 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3292 Signins

75146 Page Views

• Message 17 of 19

2021-04-05, 21:49 PM

@ Daniele Sgi wrote:

ok, I' leave it until you tell me.

Ironically, every night I turn it off and in the morning I enter the PIN and invariably the delay is repeated (even without Motorola Action active) :/

Anyway to fix it I reboot immediately after the device and there is no more delay ;)

I await news ... happy holidays !!

D

Thanks for this new piece of information. I escalated on Friday as well as this morning in one of our meetings. I'm hoping we can get to the bottom of this soon. The funny thing is, I had mine off all weekend and powered it up during the meeting this morning and still didn't see the lagging. I know I've seen it once when this thread started, but I wasn't prepared at that time to take the deeper logs. It's been annoying me that I can't duplicate it now. 

-Tom

Options

5046 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3292 Signins

75146 Page Views

• Message 18 of 19

2021-04-07, 19:28 PM

I'm back with an update regarding this. We have determined the root cause and I'm happy to say that improvements will be coming in a future update. I don't have timing, but rest assured it's coming. If I do get any more information about it, I'll definitely share it. Thanks again for bringing it to my attention as well as the video and bug report. It was very helpful in our investigation. 

-Tom

Options

43 Posts

03-14-2021

Italy

63 Signins

640 Page Views

• Message 19 of 19

2021-04-07, 20:08 PM

Great Tom,

it will be solved and that's the important thing!!

Thanks also to your Motorola and developer team ;)

Daniele S.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms