Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

57 Posts

06-05-2020

United States of America

65 Signins

480 Page Views

• Views: 480
  • Message 1 of 3

Unable to install Updates

2021-03-26, 15:20 PM

Let me first start this off by saying I am no longer using my Motorola Edge+ as my primary device for various reasons of it not fitting my needs (and Verizon) so it no longer has cellular service.   I was hoping to continue using this phone as a secondary device at home so that a $1,000 phone isn't just going to waste (and not going through the hassle of trying to sell it for a fraction of what I paid.)   I am trying to apply the Android 11 update, but it is failing each time saying it is unable to connect to the server.  I no longer have a SIM card in this device as it is no longer attached to any cellular service.   Does the Edge+ require an active SIM card to use this phone and apply updates?   That's all I can think of that's causing updates to fail.   Note that I have kept all my previous phones over the years and used them around the house for various things and this will be the first device incapable of updating without cellular service if that's the case?  

Options

57 Posts

06-05-2020

United States of America

65 Signins

480 Page Views

• Views: 480
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Unable to install Updates

2021-03-26, 15:42 PM

This is an instance where an issue you're experiencing stops as soon as you take your car to a mechanic, or open a support ticket for technology issues.  *face palm.*   The Android 11 update finally was able to install and prompt for a reboot.   Doing that now.   (I had been trying to update the phone for several days previously though with it failing to either check for updates, or apply this update.)  :-)  

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Unable to install Updates

2021-03-29, 15:12 PM

@ Dan E wrote:

This is an instance where an issue you' experiencing stops as soon as you take your car to a mechanic, or open a support ticket for technology issues.  *face palm.*   The Android 11 update finally was able to install and prompt for a reboot.   Doing that now.   (I had been trying to update the phone for several days previously though with it failing to either check for updates, or apply this update.)  :-)  

Dan E, thanks for letting us know, and sorry for the frustration.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms