Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

244 Posts

02-10-2017

Portugal

232 Signins

1212 Page Views

• Views: 1212
  • Message 1 of 19

VoLTE issues

2021-05-28, 11:56 AM

Can anyone help me?

My network provider supports VoLTE apparently for few phone makers, the usual ones (samsung, apple, Xiaomi) and surprising Alcatel is on that list. I know Motorola Edge supports VoLTE, but when i tried to reach VoLTE settings introducing this code :***Admin removed***

As you can see VoLTE is not available. But my network provider supports it?

So is it a network setting that they should enable or is other setting not enabled on my Edge?

Thank you for your help

Options

6880 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86226 Page Views

• Views: 86226
  • Message 2 of 19

Re:VoLTE issues

2021-05-28, 20:16 PM

@ HenriqueM wrote:

Can anyone help me?

My network provider supports VoLTE apparently for few phone makers, the usual ones (samsung, apple, Xiaomi) and surprising Alcatel is on that list. I know Motorola Edge supports VoLTE, but when i tried to reach VoLTE settings introducing this code :***Admin removed***

So is it a network setting that they should enable or is other setting not enabled on my Edge?

Thank you for your help

Hello and thanks for posting. When it comes to IMS features (VoLTE, VoWiFi, Video Calling), it's not just a matter of the carrier supporting it, they have to support the phone model. Also, there are testing, approvals, and certifications that have to happen between us and the carrier. If the carrier does not show the phone as being supported then there is likely no way for you to manually force the phone to get support. That being said, I'd like to look into this from my end. What carrier are you using?

Let me know,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

244 Posts

02-10-2017

Portugal

232 Signins

1212 Page Views

• Message 3 of 19

2021-05-28, 21:03 PM

Thanks Tom for your reply

My Carrier is NOS PORTUGAL

let me know if you have any news.

From my end I've tried to reach customer support but they told me that my model wasn't supported.

Options

84 Posts

04-02-2019

Serbia

87 Signins

497 Page Views

• Views: 497
  • Message 4 of 19

2021-05-28, 21:27 PM

@ MotorolaTom wrote:

@ HenriqueM wrote:

Can anyone help me?

Thank you for your help

Hello and thanks for posting. When it comes to IMS features (VoLTE, VoWiFi, Video Calling), it' not just a matter of the carrier supporting it, they have to support the phone model. Also, there are testing, approvals, and certifications that have to happen between us and the carrier. If the carrier does not show the phone as being supported then there is likely no way for you to manually force the phone to get support. That being said, I' like to look into this from my end. What carrier are you using?

Let me know,

Tom

Hi Tom, can you check this for the Moto Edge in Serbia? My carrier is "A1 Serbia". Thank you.

Options

6880 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86226 Page Views

• Message 5 of 19

2021-05-31, 22:21 PM

Hello, I'll see what I can find out for NOS Portugual and A1 Serbia. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6880 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86226 Page Views

• Message 6 of 19

2021-06-01, 18:58 PM

@ MotorolaTom wrote:

Hello, I' see what I can find out for NOS Portugual and A1 Serbia. I' let you know as soon as I find out.

Thanks,

Tom

Hello, so I've reached out to some people on my end. I don't have answers yet, but I just wanted to jump in and let you know I'm still working on it. 

Thanks,

Tom

Options

84 Posts

04-02-2019

Serbia

87 Signins

497 Page Views

• Views: 497
  • Message 7 of 19

2021-06-01, 19:31 PM

@ MotorolaTom wrote:

@ MotorolaTom wrote:

Hello, I' see what I can find out for NOS Portugual and A1 Serbia. I' let you know as soon as I find out.

Thanks,

Tom

Hello, so I' reached out to some people on my end. I don' have answers yet, but I just wanted to jump in and let you know I' still working on it. 

Thanks,

Tom

Thank you Tom. I really appreciate your feedback.

Options

244 Posts

02-10-2017

Portugal

232 Signins

1212 Page Views

• Message 8 of 19

2021-06-01, 19:39 PM

Thank you Tom 

Options

6880 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86226 Page Views

• Message 9 of 19

2021-06-02, 20:07 PM

Okay, so I have an update on NOS Portugual. As you've already suspected the phone does not support VoLTE on the carrier. I've made sure your feedback requesting it has been heard, but I can't promise that support will be added for the carrier. I know you don't want to hear that, but I want to be honest and straightforward with you. I hope you understand.

As for A1 Serbia, I'm still trying to get confirmation on VoLTE for A1. I asked again today. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks,

Tom

Options

244 Posts

02-10-2017

Portugal

232 Signins

1212 Page Views

• Message 10 of 19

2021-06-02, 20:36 PM

Thank you Tom. At least you tried 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms