Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

4848 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3276 Signins

73816 Page Views

• Views: 73816
  • Message 1 of 33

Welcome to the motorola edge+ community!

2020-04-22, 16:39 PM

motorola edge+

Say goodbye to the same old, and say hello to the bold. Get the fastest speeds, the highest resolution camera, the loudest audio, and the boldest display. motorola edge+. Absolute everything. Click here to learn more.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

38 Posts

02-25-2020

United States of America

25 Signins

275 Page Views

• Views: 275
  • Message 2 of 33

Re:Welcome to the motorola edge+ community!

2020-04-24, 0:49 AM
The waterfall display on the Edge + looks absolutely beautiful. Love how it will also have functions like battery indicator and flash when there is an incoming call. Looking forward to seeing it in person next month!
Options

14 Posts

04-24-2020

United States of America

8 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 3 of 33

2020-04-24, 18:58 PM
Why oh why did you think you could pack this model with everything right and cutting edge then slap the recently typical and clearly subpar display on top of it all? I understand you claim it is to extend battery life but I'd rather leave that up to the customer than the manufacturer. I've been waiting since you first dropped the AMOLED display for a single phone to have a better resolution. Yay refresh rate is up but I'm rather disappointed that I've been waiting since 2016 for a Motorola phone to do better than the 1440x2560 (535ppi) display that the Moto Z Force had. I've had nothing but Motorola since the original razor but apparently now I've either got to wait even longer or move on. There's no excuse for it to have been four years and the return of your 'flagship' is only going to have 1080x2340 (385ppi). Your competitors are at 1440x3200 (511ppi). You made a powerful device and then limited it's primary interface (screen) for the sake of cost and that's the real tragedy here. Longevity is gone from the device and 6k doesn't mean anything when your screen can't even handle it. It is an awful lot like having a speedometer go up to 160mph in a Prius - you're never going to get there.
Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 4 of 33

2020-04-27, 19:35 PM

@ Nitty-gritty wrote:

Why oh why did you think you could pack this model with everything right and cutting edge then slap the recently typical and clearly subpar display on top of it all? I understand you claim it is to extend battery life but I'd rather leave that up to the customer than the manufacturer. I've been waiting since you first dropped the AMOLED display for a single phone to have a better resolution. Yay refresh rate is up but I'm rather disappointed that I've been waiting since 2016 for a Motorola phone to do better than the 1440x2560 (535ppi) display that the Moto Z Force had. I've had nothing but Motorola since the original razor but apparently now I've either got to wait even longer or move on. There's no excuse for it to have been four years and the return of your 'flagship' is only going to have 1080x2340 (385ppi). Your competitors are at 1440x3200 (511ppi).You made a powerful device and then limited it's primary interface (screen) for the sake of cost and that's the real tragedy here. Longevity is gone from the device and 6k doesn't mean anything when your screen can't even handle it. It is an awful lot like having a speedometer go up to 160mph in a Prius - you're never going to get there.

Hi.

I think you put your finger on it with your insights about battery life, though I can't speak directly for the design team. If you need a larger battery to support the display, that starts a cascade of decisions that impact the entire device. I'm not really sure what you mean about leaving it up to the customer; it's the manufacturer that has to determine what goes into a phone and make the tough decisions to get to the price point where it's expected to be popular. We can't make everything.

Speaking only for myself, I feel that given the current available media, I'm going to be very satisfied with the display on this phone. It's a small screen (compared to a laptop or TV) with a good refresh rate and the best video I can stream is going to look great -- I doubt I could tell the difference if the resolution were higher. I completely understand that you feel differently. We all have certain features that are important to us. (I'm personally very interested in camera quality.)

Appreciate your loyalty to Motorola and I hope when you get a chance you will check Edge+ in person.

-Matt

UPDATE. Coming back to say that, in retrospect, I think I undersold the display. PPI isn't everything. The Edge + has a HDR10+ certification and it's going to look phenomenal.  The 10-bit display achieves DCI-P3 color space, which means the Endless Edge display can produce a billion shades of color, or 64x more colors than 8-bit displays. I believe that anyone who sees it will be impressed.  - Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

27 Posts

04-28-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

25 Signins

300 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 300
  • Message 5 of 33

2020-04-28, 16:41 PM

Hi, I am a old Motorola customer ( eg Moto Z which is I am using till now) and is very excited for the Edge series, however for the disappointment there is not edge plus release here in the UK. Is it advisable to get one from Europe ? or you have plans later for edge + release in the UK.?

Thanks

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 6 of 33

2020-04-29, 15:18 PM

@ Pk-bro wrote:

Hi, I am a old Motorola customer ( eg Moto Z which is I am using till now) and is very excited for the Edge series, however for the disappointment there is not edge plus release here in the UK. Is it advisable to get one from Europe ? or you have plans later for edge + release in the UK.?

Thanks

Hi.

We really are not a great source for this kind of information. My advice is to register for updates on your local motorola.com marketing page. That should have the latest news.

Thanks for your interest!

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

14 Posts

04-24-2020

United States of America

8 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 7 of 33

2020-05-01, 16:31 PM
I'm amazed that you have answered and then I can appreciate your response. It's funny in the mobile world that we forget is roots in the computer industry. Any single computer on the market allows for you to adjust the resolution. I feel that this could similarly be utilized in the smartphone market and allow the end user to establish if and when the screen is operating at 1080x2400 or 1440x3200. My force z is barely hanging on due to something I believe you've addressed in the upcoming edge+ and that is the thermal cycling over 4 years is taking its toll on the battery. Like I said before it appears to be everything I've been waiting for. However, I am an artist and my method is pointillism with .3mm pens so I would tell you without a doubt I will notice the lack of resolution, if not from my own eyes then certainly from the dots it will remove from my art due to its own limitations...at least when viewed on the phone as the pictures it takes will be better appreciated on different devices that are capable of displaying all the resolution the camera can provide. I am certain I will hold an edge+ in my hand but I'd still appreciate a more expensive model next year with a better resolution.
Options

1 Posts

05-02-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 8 of 33

2020-05-02, 17:42 PM
Does this work with 4g because 5g is not available uet
Options

4848 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3276 Signins

73816 Page Views

• Views: 73816
  • Message 9 of 33

2020-05-04, 21:18 PM

@ Aldrich87 wrote:

Does this work with 4g because 5g is not available uet

Hi @Aldrich87 , Yes the phone does support 4G LTE on Verizon in the US. You can see the bands supported in the tech specs here: https://www.motorola.com/us/smartphones-motorola-edge-plus/p

Let us know if you have any other questions.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

13 Posts

04-22-2020

United States of America

31 Signins

195 Page Views

• Views: 195
  • Message 10 of 33

2020-05-16, 22:43 PM

Does the Edge Plus have the same ability to read texts, allow responses and answer phone calls hands free while driving like my previous Z2 Force did?  I can't seem to find it anywhere and it was a great safety feature.  I can't imagine it still isn't available.  Z2 would detect when I was driving and automatically convert everything to hands free.  

Any info is appreciated.  

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms