Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Views: 65223
  • Message 11 of 35

Re:Welcome to the motorola edge+ community!

2020-05-18, 15:00 PM

@ Stan61 wrote:

Does the Edge Plus have the same ability to read texts, allow responses and answer phone calls hands free while driving like my previous Z2 Force did?  I can't seem to find it anywhere and it was a great safety feature.  I can't imagine it still isn't available.  Z2 would detect when I was driving and automatically convert everything to hands free.  

Any info is appreciated.  

Hi.

I see your other post and will look into that. Please don't double-post -- just clutters up the site. 

Thanks!

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Message 12 of 35

2020-05-19, 16:32 PM

@ Nitty-gritty wrote:

I'm amazed that you have answered and then I can appreciate your response. It's funny in the mobile world that we forget is roots in the computer industry. Any single computer on the market allows for you to adjust the resolution. I feel that this could similarly be utilized in the smartphone market and allow the end user to establish if and when the screen is operating at 1080x2400 or 1440x3200.My force z is barely hanging on due to something I believe you've addressed in the upcoming edge+ and that is the thermal cycling over 4 years is taking its toll on the battery. Like I said before it appears to be everything I've been waiting for. However, I am an artist and my method is pointillism with .3mm pens so I would tell you without a doubt I will notice the lack of resolution, if not from my own eyes then certainly from the dots it will remove from my art due to its own limitations...at least when viewed on the phone as the pictures it takes will be better appreciated on different devices that are capable of displaying all the resolution the camera can provide. I am certain I will hold an edge+ in my hand but I'd still appreciate a more expensive model next year with a better resolution.

Hi.

Very interesting. Are you using analog pens, like Rapid-O-Graph, or is this virtual pens? The work sounds interesting, and I'm guessing it's virtual or I'd think you would have a hard time transferring that fine a work to a screen.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

186 Posts

12-14-2013

United States of America

236 Signins

4077 Page Views

• Views: 4077
  • Message 13 of 35

2020-05-23, 17:01 PM
One of my favorite things that Motorolla did was going from a Z3 to the Edge was having everything on my Z get transferred to the Edge+ without a loss of any data. Including all my Text messages. My wife who likes Samsung just got the new Samsung and it didn't offer any way to transfer who into.
Options

71 Posts

08-15-2013

United States of America

206 Signins

3115 Page Views

• Views: 3115
  • Message 14 of 35

2020-06-07, 2:16 AM

My Moto journey began with the Droid Maxx, then the Moto X Pure, Z Force, Z3, Z4, and now the Edge Plus. I really hope Moto supports this phone with timely updates, and does my work on the camera software. Having the ultra-wide camera and telephoto camera upscale photos is not a good idea. So far I'm enjoying, but I've only had it three days so we'll see. 

Options

1 Posts

01-13-2016

USA

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 15 of 35

2020-08-02, 19:12 PM

Will the moto edge PLUS be avalable to all or only version customers?

Options

1 Posts

12-05-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 16 of 35

2020-12-05, 14:06 PM

I am interested in the Motorola edge+ however from the reviews I've been reading there is a major problem with the screen.  Has this problem been addressed and repaired by Motorola. Thanks

Options

2 Posts

01-28-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 17 of 35

2021-01-28, 15:35 PM

I want to upgrade from zforce to edge +.

( Motorola user since cell phones came out and with Verizon at present)

Has Motorola fixed all the screen issues with the Edge + yet? Don't want to leave Motorola ownership, but it seems really common that edge+ users are having serious problems. I hope this can be answered.

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Message 18 of 35

2021-01-28, 17:51 PM

@ Erthsmith wrote:

I want to upgrade from zforce to edge +.

( Motorola user since cell phones came out and with Verizon at present)

Has Motorola fixed all the screen issues with the Edge + yet? Don' want to leave Motorola ownership, but it seems really common that edge+ users are having serious problems. I hope this can be answered.

Hi.

In the future, please don't double-post, and use search to see if anyone has already posted on your topic and post there. It helps reduce clutter.

I responded to your other post here.

Regards,

- Matt

Options

12 Posts

01-27-2021

Canada

17 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 19 of 35

2021-02-01, 20:59 PM

Hello @Matt.  I recently added the Edge Plus to my Fido plan in Canada.  So far so good with the screen not giving me the same issues that others have posted about.  I am loving the phone.

The box that it came in had a manufacture date of 2020-12-10.  Would you know if that means Dec 20?  Or Oct 12?  Also, would you happen to know if there was any cut off date on the manufacturing side where you guys addressed the screen issues on newly assembled edge plus units before they were shipped out?

Thank you!

Mike

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Message 20 of 35

2021-02-03, 15:12 PM

@ Superdaddy wrote:

Hello @Matt.  I recently added the Edge Plus to my Fido plan in Canada.  So far so good with the screen not giving me the same issues that others have posted about.  I am loving the phone.

The box that it came in had a manufacture date of 2020-12-10.  Would you know if that means Dec 20?  Or Oct 12?  Also, would you happen to know if there was any cut off date on the manufacturing side where you guys addressed the screen issues on newly assembled edge plus units before they were shipped out?

Thank you!

Mike

Hi Mike.

I can only guess at the date formatting. Since I have a 50% chance of getting it right, I'm going to guess Oct. 12 since that is common formatting outside of the US. (How are dates formatted in Canada?)

I can't answer the second question fully. I know that some changes would certainly have happened before then, but I can't positively say all of them were. I'm just not close to the actual assembly processes.

Sorry I can't give more solid answers to these questions.

- Matt

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms