Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

01-27-2021

Canada

17 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 21 of 35

Re:Welcome to the motorola edge+ community!

2021-02-04, 18:08 PM

All right, thank you.  Loving the phone and hoping that i don't get the screen issues.

Funny thing though.  I ordered a Ghostek branded case to use for the phone.  I have used that brand in the past and love the look and feel.  The case fits perfectly and all the holes line up.....but the sides of the case block of the edge portion of the screen.  It pretty much just turns it into a flat screen phone with slight curves.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08F2TVZDP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've attached pictures of the ghostek case.  It's the strangest thing.  And when I contacted them, they said I was the first one that had an issue with the case.

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Views: 65223
  • Message 22 of 35

2021-02-05, 15:07 PM

@ Superdaddy wrote:

All right, thank you.  Loving the phone and hoping that i don' get the screen issues.

Funny thing though.  I ordered a Ghostek branded case to use for the phone.  I have used that brand in the past and love the look and feel.  The case fits perfectly and all the holes line up.....but the sides of the case block of the edge portion of the screen.  It pretty much just turns it into a flat screen phone with slight curves.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08F2TVZDP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I' attached pictures of the ghostek case.  It' the strangest thing.  And when I contacted them, they said I was the first one that had an issue with the case.

Hi.

Interesting. I would guess that it's necessary to do that if only to keep the thing on the phone. I've been thinking about a case myself. The edges, as cool as they are, strike me as more prone to damage than an aluminum, steel or plastic frame. 

How much bulk does it add? Do you like it other than the covering of the edges?

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

12 Posts

01-27-2021

Canada

17 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 23 of 35

2021-02-05, 23:00 PM

Oh I love the look and feel of it.  If you are in the US you can get it off of their site directly with free shipping:

https://ghostek.com/collections/moto-edge-plus

The other cases I have tried allowed access to the edges, but are a bit too thick and hard.  I originally tried this one that I returned after the Ghostek

https://www.amazon.ca/Encased-Heavy-Motorola-Military-Rugged/dp/B08DDGST7X/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2S9Q592GTQAU0&dchild=1&keywords=motorola+edge+plus+case&qid=1612565975&sprefix=motorola+edge%2Caps%2C217&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyOE5DNElPVThSMUtKJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTAwODQ1MkMyUlRaT09MS01IWCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNzQ0NjY0NUo4NjhFMFRWREVCJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Options

19 Posts

03-04-2021

United States of America

23 Signins

205 Page Views

• Views: 205
  • Message 24 of 35

2021-03-04, 22:16 PM

Hi, I've been using Motorola phones since the brick. My current phone is the Moto Z Play. Today 3-4-2021, I received a great deal from Verizon on a new plan, an Apple 12 Pro, and a Moto Edge+. After I placed the order I found out that there were some quality issues with the Moto Edge+. 

My question to you is this, have the issues with the Edge+ been taking care of? 

The phones were shipped today before I could do anything about aborting the order so I'm not sure what my options will be at this time since I haven't even received the Edge+ yet. 

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Message 25 of 35

2021-03-05, 15:42 PM

@ mongo1958 wrote:

Hi, I' been using Motorola phones since the brick. My current phone is the Moto Z Play. Today 3-4-2021, I received a great deal from Verizon on a new plan, an Apple 12 Pro, and a Moto Edge+. After I placed the order I found out that there were some quality issues with the Moto Edge+. 

My question to you is this, have the issues with the Edge+ been taking care of? 

The phones were shipped today before I could do anything about aborting the order so I' not sure what my options will be at this time since I haven' even received the Edge+ yet. 

Hi.

We have had some issues with the display, especially right after launch. At this point, the display quality issues have been reduced to the point where they are extremely unlikely (though there are still some stocks of the earlier versions here and there that might have a higher rate of problems). 

In either case, if you have this display issue, we are standing by to replace or repair the phones as quickly as possible. 

I think you can be confident in your edge+, and it is really a great phone.

Thanks for choosing Motorola! If you have any issues, please feel free to post here on our community, and we'll help.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

19 Posts

03-04-2021

United States of America

23 Signins

205 Page Views

• Message 26 of 35

2021-03-11, 21:03 PM

Hi, thanks fo the reply. The phone was made Dec 24 2020. I've set up the phone and it has been updated to the latest SW. I've ordered a couple of cases to keep it safe however the cases are of an open design so the phone will not over heat and still take advantage of the edges full width display.

I typically don't used the Auto adjust or adaptive brightness level. I set the display at a level that I like. When I watched a movie today and I have to turn it up to the max level 🥺. 

After that I turned it down. 

Anyway, I'm pleased to with the phone and I hope it goes well. My Moto Z Play is 5 years old and still working well. If the edges longevity is as good as the Z Play then I'm good to go. Oh BTW, the camera is great. 

Thanks. 

Van

Options

19 Posts

03-04-2021

United States of America

23 Signins

205 Page Views

• Message 27 of 35

2021-03-12, 21:52 PM

Otter box has the perfect design in my opinion. I ordered 2, a clear and a black one. The otter box case has open edges.The case wraps around the back of the phone and attaches in to top and bottom of the phone. It does not completely encapsulate the phone like many other otter box cases have done in the past detracting  from the good looks of the phone. 

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Message 28 of 35

2021-03-15, 18:25 PM

@ mongo1958 wrote:

Hi, thanks fo the reply. The phone was made Dec 24 2020. I' set up the phone and it has been updated to the latest SW. I' ordered a couple of cases to keep it safe however the cases are of an open design so the phone will not over heat and still take advantage of the edges full width display.

I typically don' used the Auto adjust or adaptive brightness level. I set the display at a level that I like. When I watched a movie today and I have to turn it up to the max level 🥺. 

After that I turned it down. 

Anyway, I' pleased to with the phone and I hope it goes well. My Moto Z Play is 5 years old and still working well. If the edges longevity is as good as the Z Play then I' good to go. Oh BTW, the camera is great. 

Thanks. 

Van

Hey, thanks for the update! Hope it works for you!

The brightness setting will "learn" from you, so if you adjust it, it should remember and make changes to its formula going forward. I won't say it's fool-proof; I like it bright too and occasionally have to turn it up. But it's usually fine.

- Matt

Options

6 Posts

11-08-2014

United States of America

37 Signins

589 Page Views

• Views: 589
  • Message 29 of 35

2021-03-20, 1:24 AM

I am part of the feedback network and just received the update to 11. Everything seems to be operating smoothly except for 1 thing. The Gmail notifications on the peek display (not from the notification bar when the phone is on) are not showing any content or sender details when I receive a new email and press on the Gmail notification icon. In the Moto settings, I have peek display set to---"show all notification content", under "level of details to show".  It's working correctly with all of my other communication apps. 

Options

1 Posts

03-25-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 30 of 35

2021-03-25, 0:50 AM

I have an Edge plus and having trouble getting it to work with an external mic. I'm using the Open Camera app, with the correct trrs /splitter/mic adapter with no luck. All apps including Open Cam have permissions for video/audio recording. This app did work fine with my LGv40. 

I use it to record music from my Korg keyboard direct to the phone headphone jack. Thanks for any advice.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms