Options

1 Posts

10-27-2020

IN

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 8

WiFi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every 2 minutes,which is draining my battery.

2020-10-27, 6:29 AM

The WiFi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every 2 minutes,it's quite annoying. It happens in the safe mode as well. Please fix this annoying problem.

Options

19354 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2388 Signins

59288 Page Views

• Views: 59288
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:WiFi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every 2 minutes,which is draining my battery.

2020-10-27, 15:30 PM

@ Vivekraj wrote:

The WiFi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every 2 minutes,it's quite annoying. It happens in the safe mode as well. Please fix this annoying problem.

Hi.

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Can you say what troubleshooting you have tried so far, other than Safe Mode? 

There are some good troubleshooting tips at the end of this WiFi FAQ that you may want to try.

Let me know if this persists and we can take the next steps.

Regards,

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

4 Posts

10-24-2020

US

10 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 3 of 8

Re:WiFi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every 2 minutes,which is draining my battery.

2020-10-28, 0:25 AM

I have this same issue! What do I need to do? I've reset my phone, wifi settings etc etc 

Options

19354 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2388 Signins

59288 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2020-10-28, 14:12 PM

@ BHunna713 wrote:

I have this same issue! What do I need to do? I've reset my phone, wifi settings etc etc 

Hi.

Sorry to hear it. Let's go ahead and gather the information we need to get some engineers involved.

First, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. 

• Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well.
  • Let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.
  • Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

And can I ask for a bug report? I promise it's not as complex as it looks!

• Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to enable Developer Mode
  • After the above steps, Developer Mode options will be enabled under Settings> System / Advanced > Developer options
  • Go to Developer options > Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
  • Go to Developer options > Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
  • Go to Developer options > Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging
  • Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Developer options > Click on take bug report OR Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
  • Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
  • Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and send it in an email to supportforums@motorola.com. Please make sure it's set to share with us.
  • Please include a link to this topic thread so we know what the report is for and include your forum username in the email. That makes it much easier to connect the report with your issue.
  • Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.
  • Also, please provide your Wifi make, model, security type, and band 2.4 or 5ghz, if possible, and confirm that the router software is up-to-date.

@Vivekraj, please do the same if possible. 

Thanks!

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

4 Posts

10-24-2020

US

10 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 5 of 8

2020-10-28, 16:16 PM
Please check for me
Options

19354 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2388 Signins

59288 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2020-10-30, 12:59 PM

@ BHunna713 wrote:

Please check for me

Hi.

Thanks for posting the IMEI. Unfortunately, I can't see anything in your check-in data that is revealing.

If you can follow the steps above and send a bug report, I will get it to the right folks. 

Regards,

-Matt

Options

16 Posts

10-03-2020

CA

17 Signins

190 Page Views

• Views: 190
  • Message 7 of 8

2020-10-30, 14:46 PM

It's a grounding issue, same reason the phone lags like crazy if you try to use it while charging. I notice it's worse if you're connected to any Bluetooth devices as well. I can pretty much guarantee as an electrical engineer that this is an issue that cannot be fixed by software. 

Options

19354 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2388 Signins

59288 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2020-11-02, 16:53 PM

@ fiscidtox wrote:

It's a grounding issue, same reason the phone lags like crazy if you try to use it while charging. I notice it's worse if you're connected to any Bluetooth devices as well. I can pretty much guarantee as an electrical engineer that this is an issue that cannot be fixed by software. 

Hi.

Thanks for your observations. If you can provide a bug report, as described above, that could be very helpful.

Sorry if you are having issues.

-Matt

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete