Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

10-27-2016

Canada

8 Signins

137 Page Views

• Views: 137
  • Message 11 of 14

Re:Wireless charging is bugged?

2020-08-31, 23:28 PM

Do you get "TurboPower connected" popping up? Or does it just say "Wireless charging"?

Options

27 Posts

04-28-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

25 Signins

300 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 300
  • Message 12 of 14

2020-09-01, 13:54 PM

Hi, It shows turbopower conected. However this wireless charger doesn't come up with a 3 pin plug so I have used the Motorola plug which came with phone as I have a spare one in case I need it for wired charging

Options

57 Posts

06-05-2020

United States of America

65 Signins

480 Page Views

• Views: 480
  • Message 13 of 14

2020-09-04, 12:52 PM

I would agree with the theory that the charging hardware is too low in the handset for the Edge +.   I have several different charging pads and I have to move the phone around to find (a very tiny) "sweet spot" where it will charge.  On one of my flat round wireless chargers, I have to slide the phone so far up on it, that it'll sometimes fall off the charger because so much of the phone has to hang off.  I have had the best luck with a stand-up wireless charger by the brand of CHOETECH.   Not sure if we're allowed to post links on here, but I got it on Amazon.  It's worked well, but the phone does get VERY hot while wireless charging.   Not sure if it's due to increased resistance due to not the best connection due to the charging coil's location or what.  It's mostly problematic because the most common failure point on previous phones has always been the charging port for me.  I'm trying to avoid that by using wireless charging as much as possible. 

Options

61 Posts

08-13-2012

United States of America

46 Signins

274 Page Views

• Views: 274
  • Message 14 of 14

2020-10-09, 18:28 PM

This is the same wireless charging problem I'm having, but it only started after the most recent update. Previously I used the wireless charger daily, since launch, with no problems. Suddenly after the update, it charges for 5 seconds then stops. It's not a device placement issue, and the charger works with other devices. Something software-related has caused this problem. I submitted a bug report in another post.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms