Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

62 Posts

08-13-2012

United States of America

49 Signins

294 Page Views

• Views: 294
  • Message 1 of 17

Wireless charging not working

2020-10-08, 4:51 AM

My WiFi and 4G seem better. I need another week or two to know for sure, but it seems better.

Unfortunately, since the update, my phone will no longer wirelessly charge. I used to use my Motorola quick charge pad every night. Now it just flashes red every time. My old Moto Z with the wireless charging mod still works fine with this charger, but my Edge+ won't wirelessly charge anymore. Which is a real shame because wireless charging baked in (vs mod) was why I upgraded early. Womp womp.

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Views: 65223
  • Message 2 of 17

Re:Wireless charging not working

2020-10-08, 13:57 PM

@ mediumbluemetal wrote:

My WiFi and 4G seem better. I need another week or two to know for sure, but it seems better.

Unfortunately, since the update, my phone will no longer wirelessly charge. I used to use my Motorola quick charge pad every night. Now it just flashes red every time. My old Moto Z with the wireless charging mod still works fine with this charger, but my Edge+ won't wirelessly charge anymore. Which is a real shame because wireless charging baked in (vs mod) was why I upgraded early. Womp womp.

Hi.

Hope you don't mind - I moved this out of the connectivity topic thread since it's a new issue.

This is another issue that would benefit from a bug report, so the engineers can try to get a look at what's happening. It would also be great to have a video of how you manipulate the phone on the pad without getting it to work.

1. Go to Settings > System > scroll to the bottom > Tap on Build number 7 times to enable Developer mode.

2. Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options.

3. In Developer options, enable USB debugging 

4. In Developer options > Enable Bug Report shortcut

5. Once the issue is reproduced, go to Developer options > Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

7. When it's ready, upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and share the link to the Bug Report via an email to supportforums@motorola.com, and include a note referring to this post so we know what it refers to.

8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks in advance if you can do this.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

62 Posts

08-13-2012

United States of America

49 Signins

294 Page Views

• Message 3 of 17

2020-10-09, 13:53 PM

I did send in a bug report from the moment wireless charging stops. It only works for like 10 seconds, then it stops and the Moto charger pad's light turns red. I confirmed again that the charger still works perfectly 100% of the time with my Moto Z and 0% of the time with my Edge+. Previously this was my primary charging method on the Edge+ with no issues.

Options

62 Posts

08-13-2012

United States of America

49 Signins

294 Page Views

• Message 4 of 17

2020-10-23, 13:50 PM

Wireless charging has mostly not worked for weeks, since the last update. My phone did a new update last night, and it charged wirelessly on the first try after that update. I'm hoping this update helped and that it's not just a fluke. I'll let you know.

Options

24 Posts

09-26-2013

United States of America

85 Signins

601 Page Views

• Views: 601
  • Message 5 of 17

2020-10-26, 3:30 AM

I have had a similar issue with my Motorola wireless charger as well chargers for a little bit then flashes right and refuses to wirelessly charge however I have tried other wireless charging pads and the phone seems to charge fine on the others just won't charge with the quick wireless charger that is specifically designed for this phone which is kind of ironic. I have had this issue since the last update that was pushed to this phone version QBPS30.188-45-18 I'm hoping the next update to be pushed to this phone will enable us to get 5G Nationwide access to this device and hopefully fix the above issue I'm having as well

Options

62 Posts

08-13-2012

United States of America

49 Signins

294 Page Views

• Message 6 of 17

2020-10-27, 15:25 PM

Yeah, mine still isn't charging wirelessly. It worked once after the software update but never again. I wish I'd waited for the cheaper Edge (non plus) because wireless charging is the main feature I wanted on this phone, and now I don't have it anymore.

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Message 7 of 17

2020-10-30, 14:54 PM

@ mediumbluemetal wrote:

Yeah, mine still isn't charging wirelessly. It worked once after the software update but never again. I wish I'd waited for the cheaper Edge (non plus) because wireless charging is the main feature I wanted on this phone, and now I don't have it anymore.

Hi.

Wanted to check in. We have opened a ticket on this. If anyone else wants to send a bug report, that could help.

Just as a reminder, here's an FAQ on using wireless charging -- can't hurt to check!

Apologies for this.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

3 Posts

01-07-2014

United States of America

5 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 8 of 17

2020-10-30, 23:00 PM

I have nearly exact issue with my edge+ and compatible Motorola wireless charging pad. 

I can provide whatever is needed to help resolve.

Just sent an email with bug report and more info...

Options

3 Posts

01-07-2014

United States of America

5 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 9 of 17

2020-11-04, 20:47 PM
Hello, moto! Any fix for this edge+ wireless charging issue?
Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Message 10 of 17

2020-11-05, 15:26 PM

@ T_4 wrote:

Hello, moto! Any fix for this edge+ wireless charging issue?

Hi.

I can see now that there is a patch in the latest build that addresses this; until we deploy it's never easy to know if it takes care of all possible problem scenarios. 

I also can't say when this might be delivered, but I think it should be in the next non-security-only update.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but overall it's promising.

• Matt
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms