Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

62 Posts

08-13-2012

United States of America

49 Signins

294 Page Views

• Views: 294
  • Message 11 of 17

Re:Wireless charging not working

2020-11-05, 15:44 PM

Best news ever! Thanks so much for ironing out this issue. I'm excited for the update, whenever it arrives. 

Options

3 Posts

01-07-2014

United States of America

5 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 12 of 17

2020-11-06, 9:24 AM
Great! I'll look out for it.
Options

62 Posts

08-13-2012

United States of America

49 Signins

294 Page Views

• Message 13 of 17

2020-12-11, 2:58 AM

So, ummmm, that update? Lol. My mom's had a Motorola since 2002, like I have, but she's a wireless charging addict after her Z phones with the wireless mod. She needs a phone upgrade, but I told her to wait for this Edge+ update or go to Samsung. Meanwhile I threw the Moto charging pad I bought for this phone in a drawer because I can't use it anymore. Hopefully we'll get an update before January?

Options

62 Posts

08-13-2012

United States of America

49 Signins

294 Page Views

• Message 14 of 17

2020-12-22, 15:13 PM

I can confirm wireless charging STILL doesn't work after the last two updates. Furthermore, I'm no longer able to share my charge with other devices wirelessly. Same as with wireless charging, it starts sharing a charge for a few seconds then stops. 

Crazy. I specifically purchased the Edge+ before my contract was up because I wanted wireless charging. Had I known Motorola would break this feature via software update, I would have waited a few months and gotten the regular Edge and saved hundreds of dollars. (Adding insult to injury, I paid full debut pricing for a phone that's never worked right, ever, and now both Edge variants are hundreds of dollars discounted... Probably because they don't really work as advertised).

Imagine if Apple removed or broke one of its features after selling a product. Would Tesla get away with their cars losing Autopilot after it was paid for? It's kind of like buying a new house because you wanted the 2-car garage, but after a few months the garage door opener breaks, and there's no way to fix it so you have to park outside in the snow and ice. It's just so crazy to me. I've trusted this company with every mobile phone I've had since I was in high school in 2002... It's unfathomable how [removed] this product is considering its price.

I could get over the still glitchy WiFi and 4G if only I could use the Motorola-brand wireless charging pad that the company made specifically for this phone and convinced me to buy. It worked flawlessly for months, every night, until a software update ruined the feature. It's like WiFi and 4G got better because they disabled wireless charging. Ugh. #endrant

• Edited for site rule violation - profanity. (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704) Follow all rules if you want to participate.. - Matt (Forums Manager)
Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Views: 65223
  • Message 15 of 17

2020-12-23, 15:34 PM

@ mediumbluemetal wrote:

I can confirm wireless charging STILL doesn' work after the last two updates. Furthermore, I' no longer able to share my charge with other devices wirelessly. Same as with wireless charging, it starts sharing a charge for a few seconds then stops. 

Crazy. I specifically purchased the Edge+ before my contract was up because I wanted wireless charging. Had I known Motorola would break this feature via software update, I would have waited a few months and gotten the regular Edge and saved hundreds of dollars. (Adding insult to injury, I paid full debut pricing for a phone that' never worked right, ever, and now both Edge variants are hundreds of dollars discounted... Probably because they don' really work as advertised).

Imagine if Apple removed or broke one of its features after selling a product. Would Tesla get away with their cars losing Autopilot after it was paid for? It' kind of like buying a new house because you wanted the 2-car garage, but after a few months the garage door opener breaks, and there' no way to fix it so you have to park outside in the snow and ice. It' just so crazy to me. I' trusted this company with every mobile phone I' had since I was in high school in 2002... It' unfathomable how [removed] this product is considering its price.

I could get over the still glitchy WiFi and 4G if only I could use the Motorola-brand wireless charging pad that the company made specifically for this phone and convinced me to buy. It worked flawlessly for months, every night, until a software update ruined the feature. It' like WiFi and 4G got better because they disabled wireless charging. Ugh. #endrant

• Edited for site rule violation - profanity. (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704) Follow all rules if you want to participate.. - Matt (Forums Manager)

Hi.

This is taking a while, I agree. Let me see where we are with this issue.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

2 Posts

07-28-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 16 of 17

2021-07-28, 4:30 AM

Hi, 

Also a Moto Edge + owner that purchased big part because of wireless charging and being able to use charging pad for headphones, watch, and phone. Funny enough I know the charging pad works because it charges my $80 Moto earbuds and my $150 2nd gen Moto 360 just fine. But god forbid the wireless charging work on the friggin $1000 device that is supposed to be Lenovo's iteration of Motorola's first flagship since they took over. Do they really not care enough about the brand or phone to allow this problem, that they've created via faulty software updates, to continue when you've clearly shown via this forum you've known about it for a year+ now. As a lifetime Moto user from the OG razr days through the droid days to now, this new Lenovo product quality is troubling and bad for the brand. Please fix this!

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Views: 65223
  • Message 17 of 17

2021-07-28, 16:09 PM

@ TwardMoto wrote:

Hi, 

Also a Moto Edge + owner that purchased big part because of wireless charging and being able to use charging pad for headphones, watch, and phone. Funny enough I know the charging pad works because it charges my $80 Moto earbuds and my $150 2nd gen Moto 360 just fine. But god forbid the wireless charging work on the friggin $1000 device that is supposed to be Lenovo's iteration of Motorola's first flagship since they took over. Do they really not care enough about the brand or phone to allow this problem, that they've created via faulty software updates, to continue when you've clearly shown via this forum you've known about it for a year+ now. As a lifetime Moto user from the OG razr days through the droid days to now, this new Lenovo product quality is troubling and bad for the brand. Please fix this!

Hi.

So sorry you're having issues. This issue was investigated and addressed via a software update. Any additional failures appear to be hardware-related, and we recommend repair. 

Of course, I'd always recommend basic troubleshooting...

If you determine that repair is necessary, you can start the process or explore walk-in options here. Please feel free to let me know if you need any help with the repair process.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms