Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

85 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

102 Signins

790 Page Views

• Views: 790
  • Message 1 of 16

buglist collection for android 11, w.i.p.

2021-04-09, 16:56 PM

AS title says.

1;

No HD or HDR on Netflix or other streaming apps.

2;

Clock app still do not have a landscape mode.

3;

My phone still cannot use VoLTE, even though on the same network here, (Vodafone HU) a Vodafone NL simcard can use it.

Others are also having SIM issues, i am pointing this out, as android 11 changed APN settings.

4;

Proximity sensor: Only working on lockscreen, and only when moto features are turned on.

It does not do "pocket detection" or the screen turnoff when i make a call and raise the phone to my ear.

This is annoying, as if the call is longer than 30s, i will need to use the powerbutton to end it.

If it is waaay longer, i cant even do that, just after logging in with a fingerprint.

5;

Edge display: Google's default is not really for waterfall displays. 

You have to redo all manually, from settings. (settings/display/edge display)

They got reseted with the update, but the choices you made on Android 10 minght still present, causing issues.

There is another option in developer options, that is not default, called waterfall display.

It is more similar to what we used to get in Android 10, however that is set for Samsung's and One+ edges, and thoose are smaller than ours, so it will make some apps more edge enabled, and others not so much.

It makes a big difference in edge display app usage in some cases, like browsers, Opera/chrome browser doesnt even show up in edge display app list.

Firefox does, and it works in portrait mode, but leaves edges out, on waterfall mode it does not.

Though it is a double edged sword, as it can be turned on double, and then stuff on some will not readable and iteractable.

You can turn on edge display for apps in settings, and then change this developer option to make unusual aspects.

With double mode, i was able to see the 1st row of icons set on my 2nd set on the right side, however on the left side, google discoover thingy got more cramped up instead.

I hope this discovery can help a poor engineer in costumizing our apps.

Like browsers, it pushes up the ever present notification line, from the flat surface to the edge, giving us more screen space to browse.

6;

My device performance score in geekbench 5 dropped 20% in all cases.

It doesnt really matter as games run 90fps mostly, and i cannot notice it in any everyday use, but one of the main reasons of me sticking around was rhis.

This device seemed future proof.

My device's score beat up the snapdragon 865+ edition rog phone 3's.

Now it does not.

Posted it, as others complained about lagg and stuff.

Could be relevant, or not.

7;

bluetooth issue that others are having.

To me, they seem to only happen on devices under bt 4.2 most commonly with cars taht have bt 3.0

Will try to find my old headset to chack, but probaly wont happen.

Listing this as info, there were at leas 2 topics under it already plus a sticky from matt.

8;

I still kinda have that green algae green thing going on, but it got reduced by 50%-ish with android 11, and changed its behaviour.

I still think mine is related to something else and not that green screen of death thingy... as now it happens between 20-80% brightness, was under 90% before.

The issue on that never officially got released, so i did not send mine in for repair, as my unit outperformed the ROG phone 3 by a tiny bit.

Plus i had no replacement phone at that time.

9;

Random reboot

Only happened once, so unsure about this.

10;

Android Auto cannot connect

(i have no car with android auto, but there is a topic on it, so i shall put it here, as it might affect others aswell.)

If any others are not listed here, and post it here plus it can be reproduced, i shall update this post with it.

Updated it a bit, as it get clearer and i get less tired.

Options

27 Posts

04-28-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

25 Signins

300 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 300
  • Message 2 of 16

Re:buglist collection for android 11, w.i.p.

2021-04-09, 21:52 PM

Good to see all the points listed clear and concise.

Options

85 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

102 Signins

790 Page Views

• Message 3 of 16

2021-04-11, 12:29 PM

@ UNTIG wrote:

AS title says.

1;

No HD or HDR on Netflix or other streaming apps.

2;

Clock app still do not have a landscape mode.

3;

My phone still cannot use VoLTE, even though on the same network here, (Vodafone HU) a Vodafone NL simcard can use it.

Others are also having SIM issues, i am pointing this out, as android 11 changed APN settings.

4;

Proximity sensor: Only working on lockscreen, and only when moto features are turned on.

It does not do "pocket detection" or the screen turnoff when i make a call and raise the phone to my ear.

This is annoying, as if the call is longer than 30s, i will need to use the powerbutton to end it.

If it is waaay longer, i cant even do that, just after logging in with a fingerprint.

5;

Edge display: Google' default is not really for waterfall displays. 

You have to redo all manually, from settings. (settings/display/edge display)

They got reseted with the update, but the choices you made on Android 10 minght still present, causing issues.

There is another option in developer options, that is not default, called waterfall display.

It is more similar to what we used to get in Android 10, however that is set for Samsung' and One+ edges, and thoose are smaller than ours, so it will make some apps more edge enabled, and others not so much.

It makes a big difference in edge display app usage in some cases, like browsers, Opera/chrome browser doesnt even show up in edge display app list.

Firefox does, and it works in portrait mode, but leaves edges out, on waterfall mode it does not.

Though it is a double edged sword, as it can be turned on double, and then stuff on some will not readable and iteractable.

You can turn on edge display for apps in settings, and then change this developer option to make unusual aspects.

With double mode, i was able to see the 1st row of icons set on my 2nd set on the right side, however on the left side, google discoover thingy got more cramped up instead.

I hope this discovery can help a poor engineer in costumizing our apps.

Like browsers, it pushes up the ever present notification line, from the flat surface to the edge, giving us more screen space to browse.

6;

My device performance score in geekbench 5 dropped 20% in all cases.

It doesnt really matter as games run 90fps mostly, and i cannot notice it in any everyday use, but one of the main reasons of me sticking around was rhis.

This device seemed future proof.

My device' score beat up the snapdragon 865+ edition rog phone 3'.

Now it does not.

Posted it, as others complained about lagg and stuff.

Could be relevant, or not.

7;

bluetooth issue that others are having.

To me, they seem to only happen on devices under bt 4.2 most commonly with cars taht have bt 3.0

Will try to find my old headset to chack, but probaly wont happen.

Listing this as info, there were at leas 2 topics under it already plus a sticky from matt.

8;

I still kinda have that green algae green thing going on, but it got reduced by 50%-ish with android 11, and changed its behaviour.

I still think mine is related to something else and not that green screen of death thingy... as now it happens between 20-80% brightness, was under 90% before.

The issue on that never officially got released, so i did not send mine in for repair, as my unit outperformed the ROG phone 3 by a tiny bit.

Plus i had no replacement phone at that time.

9;

Random reboot

Only happened once, so unsure about this.

10;

Android Auto cannot connect

(i have no car with android auto, but there is a topic on it, so i shall put it here, as it might affect others aswell.)

If any others are not listed here, and post it here plus it can be reproduced, i shall update this post with it.

Updated it a bit, as it get clearer and i get less tired.

11;

was unable to edit the original,so here goes another one:

new android 11 desktop mode has the side of my tv cut down.

By a few mm, on all sides.

As far as 9 goes, not happened since, so i have to assume it was the residue of the "smart updates" within the automatic updates function, and it was "sheduled".

I just did not know it will happen; as I disabled it right after install, i like to reboot it myself.

Stuff only happens when you do not see it :P

It came turned on automatically with Android 11.

It rebooted at nigh time, as sheduled after an update... though i did not see any update notification prior to it.

So i would not worry about this one, seems it was my fail.

There was also a topic on Fingerprint scanner icon stuck after logging in to android.

There even were pictures, so it is valid.

I was unable to reproduce it, but it still deserves a mention.

Options

46 Posts

03-01-2014

Greece

143 Signins

1008 Page Views

• Views: 1008
  • Message 4 of 16

2021-04-11, 16:34 PM

@UNTIG about number 8 I am pretty sure that the green algae or wet newspaper look or green tint, or whatever you wanna call it has something to do with software as well because if I set a wallpaper that is mostly black it will be (notably) greenish at the camera corner whereas if I look at the same picture through google photos, or use a different launcher with the same wallpaper it is pure black. I have a two photos (not the best but what can you do). Feel free to experiment yourself.

IMG_20210411_170222422.jpg IMG_20210411_171316884_HDR.jpg
Options

85 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

102 Signins

790 Page Views

• Message 5 of 16

2021-04-11, 17:58 PM

Thanks for the pic. 

I do hope with this clearcut line there, they will get my point. (that green cuts exactly the end of the notificatin bar)

With mine it was less visible, as mine got to half of the screen.

I also checked my screenshot on my LG B9 oled TV with HDR on, and my test pic was full green there.

On the phone only half of the screen produced that green effect, under 90% brightness.

Side question:

Do you still have HD and HDR playback in Netflix and Amazon video?

Options

46 Posts

03-01-2014

Greece

143 Signins

1008 Page Views

• Views: 1008
  • Message 6 of 16

2021-04-11, 19:41 PM

I don't have amazon video, but netflix is a no, because the device is not certified and not listed under hdr compatible devices for netflix. This is partly a netflix issue, but also partly motorola because they just don't act on asking netflix to include the device. Not a single motorola device listed there.

Also what is interesting, is the fact that when I use the same background on any other launcher the green part is not there. Nor when I view the picture full screen under any photo gallery app. Only when I set it as background for the stock launcher. And not only that pic. Any pic that is black essentially.

Options

27 Posts

04-28-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

25 Signins

300 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 300
  • Message 7 of 16

2021-04-14, 17:24 PM

Hi, I noticed that my wireless charging stopped working after update. I earlier thought my wireless charger is faulty I got a replacement today and it is still same.

Also I tried using Motorola display, on the trackpad there is an option to change the touchpad mode to Landscape but there is no button/option to revert it back.

Did you notice these issues too ?

Options

51 Posts

07-25-2020

United States of America

29 Signins

420 Page Views

• Views: 420
  • Message 8 of 16

2021-04-14, 22:52 PM

@UNTIG thank you for speaking up and highlighting all of these issues. It's largely getting ignored anyways. I'm having major issues with the Bluetooth and whether I have the hide media player when session ended option checked or unchecked it still gives me problems and just starts playing when it wants to. I explained the problem in depth in another topic. I listed my vehicles and the issues that each one of them is having. The agents here are definitely just shills. Accomplices to the crime.  It's really got me boiling. Really good at hush hush. I'll send you a private message tactic. Anybody that reads this please do not do the Android 11 update if you have any choice about it. My phone automatically started the update and I deeply regret this. My edge Plus finally my fourth device that didn't have the screen issue quickly became less of a device for me when I did the Android 11 update. Major drag! :(

Options

51 Posts

07-25-2020

United States of America

29 Signins

420 Page Views

• Views: 420
  • Message 9 of 16

2021-04-14, 22:58 PM

@Pk-bro  my wireless charging seems to be working okay on a couple different charging devices that I tried. Thankfully!! 

And just another paragraph to add to my reply above. On a whole shot like I said this is being ignored. Or you could say this is being pawned off on Google. Which I think is wrong because you have your own software within that that kind of falls in line with google. And I've heard of things that are issues with these Motorola's that are not issues with Samsungs. Both being on Android 11. And let's just cut to the chase. Google is a huge operation. Good luck in finding a way to directly complain about Android 11 to the Google developers or engineers. That's why I feel like it bare minimum these guys here should at least facilitate these complaints and directly address them with Google because I'm sure they have an open door. If nothing else a quicker route than I do. Hmmm

Options

85 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

102 Signins

790 Page Views

• Message 10 of 16

buglist collection for android 11, w.i.p.

2021-04-23, 14:59 PM
Quick update after a while of use. Skipping on the not changed ones. 2; Clock app now has a tiny, but readable landscape mode , yay updates :D 4;works again in phone calls, up until screen timeout is reached. Needs fix, very annoying. 5;there is a nice topic about this, you guys really start to reach out to devs for this larger edge support, as huawei is out of the android loop with similar edgyness. 6; i still retain my game drivers setting under develpoper mode, hence only 20% drop, if i go "default" it becames 50%.-ish more than 40 but not really 50. under system default it wont reach 90hz, it wont even go 60fps. about 45-ish, pubg and cod mobile. 7; seems to be still present for others, i cannot comment on it. 10; there was a new update for it, so go check, there is also 2 separate app, but similar. Android 11 has something built in, but there is an app for it aswell. (or so it seems) Somebody with a compatibile car should check this out. 9;i cannot turn off smart updates, even if i turn it off, it turns back on right after i leave the menu for it, as it gives me the popup with 2 options, leave it like that (on) or turn it on. very smart :D
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms