Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one 5G ACE
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

04-14-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 7

5G Connection for AT & T

2021-04-14, 20:17 PM

It is my understanding that the 5G connection for the 5G Ace is only available for T-Mobile users and based on what I've read on Amazon reviews, the 5G support for AT & T will be added later. My question is...what does "added later" mean? Does that mean a new phone or software upgrade? I don't want to buy the current phone if there will be a completely different 5G phone for AT & T. If it's a software upgrade, I will go ahead and buy the phone. 

FYI...I do not want the Motorola One 5G phone because it only has 4 GB of RAM. I want the 6 GB in the Ace.

Greg

Options

5972 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3357 Signins

80861 Page Views

• Views: 80861
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:5G Connection for AT & T

2021-04-15, 21:38 PM

@ drgreg41 wrote:

It is my understanding that the 5G connection for the 5G Ace is only available for T-Mobile users and based on what I' read on Amazon reviews, the 5G support for AT & T will be added later. My question is...what does "added later" mean? Does that mean a new phone or software upgrade? I don' want to buy the current phone if there will be a completely different 5G phone for AT & T. If it' a software upgrade, I will go ahead and buy the phone. 

FYI...I do not want the Motorola One 5G phone because it only has 4 GB of RAM. I want the 6 GB in the Ace.

Greg

Hi Greg and thanks for taking the time to post your question. Added later means that the phone will get a software update to support the carrier. That being said, where did you see that the Ace has 6 GB of RAM? According to the specifications on our site: https://www.motorola.com/us/smartphones-motorola-one-5g-ace/p?skuId=537 it also has 4 GB, the same as the motorola one 5G.

Please let me know

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

5 Posts

04-14-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 3 of 7

2021-04-16, 0:56 AM

Hello and thank you for responding to my question. I like the software update option! 

Amazon is selling the phone and is advertising 6 GB of Ram.

AmazonSmile: Motorola One 5G Ace | 2021 | 2-Day Battery | Unlocked | Made for US by Motorola | 6/128GB | 48MP Camera | Hazy Silver

Greg

Options

5972 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3357 Signins

80861 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-04-16, 17:21 PM

@ drgreg41 wrote:

Hello and thank you for responding to my question. I like the software update option! 

Amazon is selling the phone and is advertising 6 GB of Ram.

AmazonSmile: Motorola One 5G Ace | 2021 | 2-Day Battery | Unlocked | Made for US by Motorola | 6/128GB | 48MP Camera | Hazy Silver

Greg

Greg, thank you very much for sharing the link. I'm looking to get confirmation on that spec. I want to make sure there wasn't a typo somewhere. I'll let you know once I get 100% confirmation.

Thanks

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

04-27-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 5 of 7

2021-04-27, 17:15 PM

I also have the Moto Ace 5G with 6g/128g bought thru Amazon. Trying to use it on AT&T. Have no WiFi calling and don't have menu choices for that or network choice. Will not connect with 5G. AT&T says everything is set up on their end.

Supposed to be an update to correct this? When?

I bought the phone to use now not in the future.

Looks like will be returning the phone and go back to a Pixel 5g. At least they have WiFi calling and are able to connect on 5G.

Options

5972 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3357 Signins

80861 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-04-27, 19:10 PM

@ Cwbstr wrote:

I also have the Moto Ace 5G with 6g/128g bought thru Amazon. Trying to use it on AT&T. Have no WiFi calling and don' have menu choices for that or network choice. Will not connect with 5G. AT&T says everything is set up on their end.

Supposed to be an update to correct this? When?

I bought the phone to use now not in the future.

Looks like will be returning the phone and go back to a Pixel 5g. At least they have WiFi calling and are able to connect on 5G.

Hello, and thanks for posting your concerns. Here is the honest situation. AT&T only supports VoWiFi on models they also sell. They currently restrict VoWiFi on unlocked devices. You can see the list of compatible features here for unlocked models: https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/consumer/help/pdf/Service-Capabilities-Unlocked-Devices-ATT-Network.pdf If you notice most of the models only support HD Voice, and a few support VoWiFi. Unfouratenly, advanced calling features like VoWiFi can be limited/restricted by the carriers and for the most part, out of our (Moto) control. 

As for 5G support on AT&T, I don't have timing on when that will be added. However, as our specs mention it's not currently supported, but will be coming in a future update.

-Tom

Options

2 Posts

04-27-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 7 of 7

2021-05-02, 1:13 AM
Thanks, I can do without WiFi calling. At this time the Amazon listing says '5G compatible with ATT, TMO, and Sprint 5G network NOW.'. This is the listing where I got the phone. Supposed to be by Motorola. This was purchased 04/29/21.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms